LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 30 2017

enthralled

Places to buy projectors in Beirut?

I'm looking for a local place where I could find the BenQ W1210ST (or HT2150ST). Any suggestions?

#2 March 30 2017

Georges00

Re: Places to buy projectors in Beirut?

Mojitech.net or pcandparts.com
Find the cheapest and buy it.

#3 March 30 2017

enthralled

They don't have the BenQ W1210ST. I need this exact one for the throw distance and my room setup

#4 March 30 2017

Beej

I am in the same boat...
Its either Optoma gt1080, BenQ W1210ST, or Benq w1070. My main concern is 1st and foremost, input lag. Yes Benq market the Benq w1070 as 16.7 ms, but that is not true (different methodology in testing input lag). 2nd concern is fan noise, as some have really high speed fans to cool the lamp. and 3rd is the lumens, the higher the better.

Gaming tests usually are done with consoles and not pc, and they test just FPS games, but what about fighting games...Gaming projectors almost dont exist in Lebanon as it is. If you find one, please let us know and a small tests would be appreciated.

#5 March 30 2017

AVOlio

Guys I don't know about you, but I got myself a 70$ projector from AliExpress and it works great for movies / series on 100'' screen
In my room. 
For gaming not that clear, but movies is perfect for its budget, just plug them to my home theater and you have a cinema.

#6 March 31 2017

enthralled

I checked locally and contacted the official Benq retailer in lebanon www.sistechnology-lb.com (according to Benq website). They don't have it in stock. So I asked a relative to deliver it from UK.

Beej wrote:

I am in the same boat...
Its either Optoma gt1080, BenQ W1210ST, or Benq w1070. My main concern is 1st and foremost, input lag. Yes Benq market the Benq w1070 as 16.7 ms, but that is not true (different methodology in testing input lag). 2nd concern is fan noise, as some have really high speed fans to cool the lamp. and 3rd is the lumens, the higher the better.

Gaming tests usually are done with consoles and not pc, and they test just FPS games, but what about fighting games...Gaming projectors almost dont exist in Lebanon as it is. If you find one, please let us know and a small tests would be appreciated.

The BenQ W1210ST (aka HT2150ST in USA) is their newest short-throw home model aimed for gamers, and it deals with your 3 concerns:
- Rapid 16 ms input lag
- Low fan noise
- And 2200 lumens combined with 15000:1 contrast (compared to older models: W1070 and W1080ST 2000 lumens and 10000:1 contrast)

PS I owned both W1080ST and HT1085ST in the last years. They both died, W1210ST will be my third projector.

Last edited by enthralled (March 31 2017)

#7 March 31 2017

Beej

@Enthralled

Well you have much better experience than i do, but its marketed as 16ms, it might not be true.

My current monitor is Samsung 28D590, some reviewers measure input lag as low as 15ms, others 25ms. So it all depends on the methodology of testing.

Take MKX for example, on the Samsung i can pull of combos I CANNOT do on my living room tv, duo to input lag (i am that sensitive ).

If you ever get the projector, let us know, and good luck with your purchase.

#8 April 2 2017

enthralled

Beej wrote:

@Enthralled

Well you have much better experience than i do, but its marketed as 16ms, it might not be true.

My current monitor is Samsung 28D590, some reviewers measure input lag as low as 15ms, others 25ms. So it all depends on the methodology of testing.

Take MKX for example, on the Samsung i can pull of combos I CANNOT do on my living room tv, duo to input lag (i am that sensitive ).

If you ever get the projector, let us know, and good luck with your purchase.

Will do. Thanks!
You can see input lag tests on YouTube if you search for W1210ST or HT2150ST test

#9 April 2 2017

enthralled

I just got the W1210ST delivered from UK. I'm very impressed. Contrast is obviously much better. Fan noise is non-existent. Now both back feet can be adjusted, older models only had one adjustable. That's a big plus for me! I haven't tested any game for input lag yet.

#10 April 2 2017

Beej

Congrats man...Care to share how did you ship it? And how much did it cost you?

Also when you test some games let us know. Thanks

Last edited by Beej (April 2 2017)

#11 April 3 2017

enthralled

Beej wrote:

Congrats man...Care to share how did you ship it? And how much did it cost you?

Also when you test some games let us know. Thanks

My relative brought it with him from London, so no shipping/taxes. He ordered it through projectorpoint.co.uk
I played Speedrunners last night. Input does feel much more responsive/faster in "Game" mode vs "cinema" mode :)

Last edited by enthralled (April 3 2017)

Board footer