LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 April 6 2005

rolf

Re: LebGeeks V2: Suggestions

I just want to apologise for saying that i might post a question and not get a reply for one week. I had assumed that by seing the "last post" dates on some forum categories. But I really not know, because I have been a member for  one day!
Anyway, I'll be sticking around, see you!   

#27 April 14 2005

mahdoum

BTW Samer for V2 make the adverts open in a new window, so that this site keeps open.

#28 April 14 2005

samer
Admin

adverts ? i only have the google ads here - you might be infected by some sort of spyware. Get ad-aware (lavasoftusa.com) or SpySweeper (webroot.com)

#29 April 15 2005

mahdoum

=P not infected, I meant the google ads when someone clicks on them they open in the same page.Have them open in a new window

#30 April 15 2005

samer
Admin

i don't think i can alter the code since it might be forbidden by the google TOS .. but i'll e-mail them to ask .

#31 April 16 2005

ike

shou adde siret khalis min el 8% taba3 el layout and the other 30%?

#32 April 16 2005

samer
Admin

i have finished the layout, as for the features i can't fgve a percentage since i'm having new ideas and i'm not sure what to include so...

#33 April 16 2005

ike

good luck anyway

#34 April 16 2005

samer
Admin

ty :)

#35 April 18 2005

Charly

gr8 then.... hope to see V2 very soon :)

#36 April 19 2005

jayinferno

oh yeah, i have 2 suggestion (i guess sam u know them)
1- Tracking Posts being Watched
2- Note pad
3- Might also add a user "control panel"

If you want check out www.bmw-forums.com they have some nice tools there on top.

#37 April 19 2005

samer
Admin

the "latest posts" will be implemented.
and the forum you gave is an IPB one.

#38 April 21 2005

mahdoum

Another thing if you're still gonna have view all un answered posts put in a little php statement that gets rid of all the news_poster topics that no one is expected to answer

#39 April 21 2005

samer
Admin

good idea mahdoum !
thanks.

#40 May 7 2005

bashir_hay_fina
Banned

Yeah i have an idea let s have a skin with the picture of bashir el gemayel . IT WILL ATTRACT MORE USERS !!!! BASHIR HAY FINA!@!!!!!  :twisted:

#41 May 7 2005

bashir_hay_fina
Banned

oh yeah, i have 2 suggestion (i guess sam u know them)
1- Tracking Posts being Watched
2- Note pad
3- Might also add a user "control panel"

If you want check out www.bmw-forums.com they have some nice tools there on top.

<snip> | no politics please, 2nd warning.

#42 May 13 2005

mahdoum

Another suggestion since it seems like your still working on it, make the usernames clickable when reading a certain post, so when u click the username (above the avatar ya3ni) it will point to their profile.

#43 May 13 2005

mahdoum

oh and another thing, get an option so that each user can decide to view signatures if they want to or not. It's so I can put images in my sig =P and anyway don't forget ur getting more people from outside of Leb as the site gets bigger.

#44 May 13 2005

samer
Admin

Another suggestion since it seems like your still working on it, make the usernames clickable when reading a certain post, so when u click the username (above the avatar ya3ni) it will point to their profile.

not really useful, there's a "profile" button in the bottom of every post you make.

#45 May 13 2005

mezin

another suggestion as much as we all appreciate bachir that guy is not here not be part of this community .. i take it he's a joke user ... so deal with it

#46 May 13 2005

rolf

My PC is a Bashir-4 2.8ghz

#47 May 14 2005

mahdoum

not really useful, there's a "profile" button in the bottom of every post you make.

How about having a poll on it  and anyway it's really only like 1 line of extra code, and it would make things easier.

What if a person wrote a long post, I don't want to scroll all the way down. (I know I'm exaggerating and being a bit lazy)

#48 May 14 2005

samer
Admin

i'm trying to keep the forum as lite as possible, that's why.

#49 May 14 2005

samer
Admin

another suggestion as much as we all appreciate bachir that guy is not here not be part of this community .. i take it he's a joke user ... so deal with it

the guy got banned several days ago.

#50 May 14 2005

mahdoum

=P exaclty if your trying to make it light then get rid of the image which takes load time and put in the link which will load quicker

Board footer