LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 17 2004

samer
Admin

LebGeeks V2: Suggestions

Any suggestions for LebGeeks V2 ?

#2 September 17 2004

waleed

Re: LebGeeks V2: Suggestions

well yea....bass khalliya la christmas, you'll have more free time.
concentrate on your studies now.

about the V2, i suggest more Silver !!!
make it look "high tech" !something out of this world.

til then i'd have evolved more in the domain and i'll do all i can to help.

#3 September 18 2004

samer
Admin

yes, but i was talkin more about new features that users want than the design and layout.

#4 September 21 2004

JorJ

Each Section Should Have A Moderator...:arrow:

#5 September 21 2004

samer
Admin

JorJ, moderators aren't important when a community is small .. when the community grows, and if I find good mods, I shall add them.

[I have some persons in mind, just waiting ofr the community to grow !]

#6 September 23 2004

Charly

i know it's not THAT of an idea, but how abt a section that discusses only websites, for example if some1 needs lets say a shareware website, he can ask for some websites, and the person replying will tell him for ex go to this "www.siteofsharewarehere.com" or that ....
fhemt 3layyehhhhh? (toto style)

#7 September 24 2004

JorJ

Hard Working Moderators Make The Community Grow And Of Course Active Users ...:arrow:

#8 October 4 2004

KingRhye

Can you set the clock to +3GMT ?

#9 October 4 2004

Charly

u can change that in ur profile man!!

#10 October 4 2004

samer
Admin

Can you set the clock to +3GMT ?

//done. :)

#11 November 21 2004

Falafel or Foe

yes, but i was talkin more about new features that users want than the design and layout.

a feature where you can edit your posts...i always make mistakes.. :lol:  :lol:

#12 November 21 2004

Charly

it is already there! :)

#13 November 22 2004

Falafel or Foe

it is already there! :)

opps

#14 January 9 2005

samer
Admin

hehe, i've been really busy with my exams lately, any other ideas ?

#15 January 12 2005

mpytho

actually, one thing, more skins

#16 February 21 2005

samer
Admin

i'm rewriting the whole layout, so that i would be lighter, and 10 times faster to load. as for the new features, 70% of them are done.

again, if anyone has an idea, or is willing to help (coding or graphic skills required) please do not hesitate to contact me via pm.

thanks.

#17 March 8 2005

mahdoum

emm. yeah i have a suggestion. How about having a front page for the forums, or a section at least that shows all the new topics that have been posted? It would be easier then having to open a subforum and find out the topic doesn't interest you   

after all time is money  :lol:

#18 March 8 2005

samer
Admin

when you login, you check out new posts by following the "View posts since last visit" link ;)

As for LebGeeks V2: 

Layout 92% done. (yay!)
New features, new engine, (re-coding everything) - 70%.

#19 March 8 2005

karim soubra

cheers

all the luck

#20 March 8 2005

Charly

best of luck Samer

#21 March 19 2005

mahdoum

when will be able to see the new site??

#22 March 19 2005

samer
Admin

i'll give a preview once the layout is done. (it's about 97% completed).

#23 March 20 2005

mahdoum

ok cool, looking forward to it.

#24 April 6 2005

rolf

Hi samer, I admire your work
But, dude, this forums are pretty dead, compared to the lebanese forces forums, where right now you have 30 users online... that's pretty sad. Some things we can (must!) do to fix that :

-Market for this site (advertisements, ets...)
-reduce the forum categories to regroup the users. Who wants to check like 19 categories?
-Merge this site with another lebanese tech or electronics or consumer related site

Other suggestions:
-later, when you have more users and some revenues, you might want ot host your site on a lebanese server, makes it faster to load for everyone in lebanon

About the forums, you might want to reduce them to about 4 categories. Right now your forum is in bad shape, if a user posts a message, he might not have a reply for one week. And nobody likes participating in a comatose forum who has such delays. Members might go away.

#25 April 6 2005

samer
Admin

Hi samer, I admire your work

hey rolf, welcome :)  - nothing to "admire", at least not in version1. 

But, dude, this forums are pretty dead, compared to the lebanese forces forums, where right now you have 30 users online... that's pretty sad.

the reason is that the targeted audience isn't as big as the "leb forces" one, and the site isn't THAT old, and we're still in version 1, wich is somehow a BETA version of the site.

-Market for this site (advertisements, ets...)

the google ads you see aren't making money to put in my pocket or in ads, they go for the site fees (domain name, servers.) so we need some kinf of help from the users, like spreading the word!

-reduce the forum categories to regroup the users. Who wants to check like 19 categories?

the forum started with 7 categories, and i have been adding new categories to prevent users from posting off-topic stuff, but maybe you're right, maybe i should reform the categories.

-Merge this site with another lebanese tech or electronics or consumer related site

would you be so kind to point me to one ? (PM me.)

Other suggestions:
-later, when you have more users and some revenues, you might want ot host your site on a lebanese server, makes it faster to load for everyone in lebanon

i'm afraid lebanese servers won't have the same quality host i'm getting, and i'm actually getting a fair discount with our present hosters.

About the forums, you might want to reduce them to about 4 categories. Right now your forum is in bad shape, if a user posts a message, he might not have a reply for one week. And nobody likes participating in a comatose forum who has such delays. Members might go away.

that, in a way, is normal for a "new" forum, we need more active users, and users willing to make part of a non-active forum, in order to launch it and make it active.

thanks for joining us! i hope you'll have a good time here.

Board footer