LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 11 2017

SteamPowered

PayPal Lebanon website?

So I was looking up Paypal in Lebanon to see if there was a legit way to pay on websites that only accept paypal payments and I stumbled upon a website (I don't know if I'm allowed to post links, I'm new here) that offers solutions for Paypal in Lebanon specifically. Thing is, it looks weird and shady so I wanted to know if anyone here has actually tried any of the methods on the website and if any of them works. For info it's the very first website that pops when you research Paypal Lebanon on google.

#2 February 11 2017

nuclearcat

Re: PayPal Lebanon website?

There is no legal way, unless you are citizen/resident of country where paypal available and you have banking card from there.
Others are brokers, and in fact they are violating TOS of paypal, so there is some risks(and additional expenses) associated with using them.

#3 February 11 2017

SteamPowered

Thank you very much for your answer. I thought so but wanted confirmation.

#4 February 12 2017

Silentcontrol

and add to what nuclearcat said it's a pain in the back to use refill and withdraw ...

#5 May 26 2017

Isa Al

nuclearcat wrote:

There is no legal way, unless you are citizen/resident of country where paypal available and you have banking card from there.
Others are brokers, and in fact they are violating TOS of paypal, so there is some risks(and additional expenses) associated with using them.

But is it allowed to open my PayPal account in Lebanon with a Lebanese IP or my account will get banned? I am a citizen of a country where PayPal works and I have a card that I can use for PayPal but what I know is that I can't use it in Lebanon. Do you have any details about this?

#6 May 26 2017

nuclearcat

Paypal is well known for shutting down perfectly legal accounts from legal countries(on unrelated issues), so their policy is somehow unclear on that and very questionable. But works for many, as i notice. Check with folks who has same citizenship and used paypal abroad, if they complained about same issues.
Their AUP are like russian law, you can't live without violating it, but they wont enforce it on you, as soon as you dont give reasons to suspect you.

#7 May 26 2017

Isa Al

nuclearcat wrote:

Paypal is well known for shutting down perfectly legal accounts from legal countries(on unrelated issues), so their policy is somehow unclear on that and very questionable. But works for many, as i notice. Check with folks who has same citizenship and used paypal abroad, if they complained about same issues.
Their AUP are like russian law, you can't live without violating it, but they wont enforce it on you, as soon as you dont give reasons to suspect you.

Yeah I read many articles and people complaining about their accounts getting limited. But the issue isn't of the country of my citizenship, it works normally there, but it's here. Because I read that some people had normal PayPal accounts and working fine but once an IP of a non supported country is linked to the account then it directly gets limited. That's why I am afraid of trying and risking to lose it

#8 May 26 2017

Draguen

Guys, it's a random thought so apologies if it's not doable.

For people absolutely needing to use paypal:
Why don't you apply for an e citizenship in estonia, then declare an e-company there, open a bank account at holvi.com (no need to be physically present) and link your PayPal to the holvi account /card.

You could retrieve the money using services such as transferwire (1% fee) if I'm not wrong.

However opening the company and becoming an ecitizen has a cost.

Last edited by Draguen (May 26 2017)

#9 May 26 2017

Draguen

Frankly, if i could open a company in Lebanon but based in estonia, i would. But I don't think it's doable and/or ill get taxed twice.

Last edited by Draguen (May 26 2017)

#10 May 30 2017

trabz

I have a US bank account and I use the paypal in Lebanon. I could log in into my account with no any problem. Why they would block it?

Imagine you are on vacations, cant you log in your account? for sure you can.

#11 May 30 2017

rolf

You can log into your account, but they may block you from buying. I had to use a VPN to make a purchase in Lebanon, presumably because the country is not "supported".

#12 May 30 2017

user

I have used this site http://www.optimum-lb.com/?loc=paypal to pay through paypal before, the guy asks for your credentials to log in as you. The person is reliable, I have used him to buy rapidshare back in the day twice for 50$ each, last time I used him to buy a javascript library for 70$ 2 years ago.

Maybe message him first to make sure he is still in business, set a weak-ish password to the account he'll be using, give him said password, then when all is done log back and change it.

Board footer