LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 20 2016

raichu

Buying a console from USA

Hey guys
I am currently in the States and was wondering if I should buy some electronics over Thanksgiving.
I found this  Xbox One S deal on Dell's website:
"Dell will be offering a 500 GB Xbox One S Bundle with Battlefield 1 or Gears of War 4, and an extra controller for only $249.99, which is a massive discount of $170. Most retailers are offering bundles with only one game for $249.99, which is a discount of $50."

I have some questions:
- Do you advise me to buy the X1S? Is there some region locking for games or blu-Ray movies?
- Will it be possible to buy and download movies online on the xbox network since shops don't sell many titles in Lebanon?
Thank you

#2 November 20 2016

Anthony2000

Re: Buying a console from USA

great console if your looking to do some gaming as well as multi media on the side
especially if you have an HDR TV since its HDR capable
looks great
im pretty positive you can download anything you want from the online store, no region locking
good deal, i would go for it

#3 November 20 2016

raichu

Anthony2000 wrote:

great console if your looking to do some gaming as well as multi media on the side
looks great
im pretty positive you can download anything you want from the online store, no region locking

Thanks Anthony
I will be able to buy and download all games I want?
I have a 4K Samsung tv. Not sure about HDR though.

#4 November 21 2016

Flakk

Its a great console and you can download anything you want including games and movies.
The games are not region locked but Im not sure about the Bluray movies.

But bear in mind the game sizes and patches are insanely huge and range around 20 to 30gb sometimes in some games (Halo 5 required a 22GB patch and then after a month another 11GB for example) So be prepared to keep you console on at night downloading the games and their patches. One good thing about the Xbox service is that its really stable, I have been downloading stuff for over a year now and I have never encountered a single timeout or download failure.

As for the shops, theres a small shop in Bourj Hammoud called Playbox, he gets everything for the Xbox One and he also can download and install games for you for a small fee if you dont want to wait forever for the downloads. https://www.facebook.com/Playbox-910270238983461/

Another one is Games Center in St-elie antelias, they have a good selection. https://www.facebook.com/gamecenterantelias/?fref=ts

Last edited by Flakk (November 21 2016)

#5 November 21 2016

Georges00

Correct me if I'm wrong but an Xbox from the USA is NTSC while games sold here are PAL. Did they change this?

#6 November 21 2016

Flakk

Georges00 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but an Xbox from the USA is NTSC while games sold here are PAL. Did they change this?

No they haven't but the console is region free for all retail games, no matter where you buy them.

#7 November 21 2016

Tech Guru

raichu wrote:
Anthony2000 wrote:

looks great

Thanks Anthony
I will be able to buy and download all games I want?
I have a 4K Samsung tv. Not sure about HDR though.

What Is your Samusng Model Mate and Year -Starting from the KU 7000 twoards all the KS Models - They have a wide color gamut which is an HDR core rquirement. You will appreciated more the Xbox One S with an HDR Comptiable TV that accepts a 10 bit signal. Foraza Horizon 3 and Gear of Wars 4 both support HDR and they look awesome on an HDR 4K display. For Input lag I vote for Samsung since they have an HDR Gaming Mode in which LG and Sony (Execpt the Very Expensive Z9D) do not have this mode, while Samsung starting from the KU series has it.

Board footer