LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 20 2016

NuclearVision

Reverse engineering an exectuable

Hello!
So i have this iso disc image for an education software.
The software is fairly old, 2003.
It won't run unless i mount the disc image, otherwise it says CD is missing.
For me it's not hard to mount the iso each time, however it'd be way more practical if i could Bypass this, I would have less headache if i want to share the software with collegues. We did buy the book, and the software is not really sold anymore.

I read for hours last night about the subject, Browsed many diaries from 2000s where cd checks were fairly numerous among games and software.
My attempt to tweak the exe was unsuccessful, I downloaded a Dissassembly software and debbugger "OllyDBG".
Then I ran the software to debug, I could trace the missing cd  message, Modified hex values to disregard the check or more precisely "jump if not equal", with no avail.

My Software is the netter anatomy 3.0, it's a 500megabytes file, I won't ask you guys to download it and explore it for me, But if anybody cares to share a similar experience, I would be thrilled.
Regards!

#2 November 25 2016

Padre

Re: Reverse engineering an exectuable

I usually use IDA.
If it has more than one check, means you missed one.
If you can share the software, i could take a look at it for you during the weekend and share with you the diff files.

#3 November 25 2016

NuclearVision

That would be very kind.
thank you!
link

#4 November 25 2016

NuclearVision

I found the message, but i think that i'm not finding the exact relevant hex addresses.

Board footer