LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 19 2016

Satfoun
Banned

Mafia 3 graphics

Hello,
i have a gtx980, and in order for Mafia 3 to run on 60fps, i am playing it on lowest settings at 1080p
Is that normal? i know the game is buggy and shit , but i thought i would play it on a higher settings on my graphics cards.
Even tho i must mention that there is no visual difference between low and The highest

#2 November 19 2016

Flakk

Re: Mafia 3 graphics

Does not sound right at all, maybe the nvidia Experience optimization thing is forcing some settings on the game ? Try disabling that and also update to the latest drivers.
I dont have mafia 3 but according to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8pEnnBcQQ the framerate should be around 58 fps on the high settings and 1080p resolution.

#3 November 19 2016

Satfoun
Banned

Ok i noticed i have the 37.9 , whereas mafia 3 drivers are the 373 . So i guess i am goin to update my drivers
I dont use Geforce experience at all
Well thanks , that made me check on my drivers
Tho i dont think it would fix anything , the video shows 980Ti

EDIT: Updated the graphics drivers, nothing changed , still even at the lowest settings, it drops to 57 sometimes

Last edited by Satfoun (November 19 2016)

#4 November 21 2016

anayman_k7

Can you monitor your CPU / RAM / GPU stats while playing this game? Is your GPU running on 100%? Make sure you are not affected with the VRAM frequency bug introduced in 375.86 driver version, the problem was that the gpu vram frequency gets stuck at 810mhz, monitor that to make sure it is not the reason of this poor performance.

#5 November 21 2016

Satfoun
Banned

Yeah i told you, my drivers were waaaay older than this BUG, and this Bug only affected the PASCAL cards.
Anw the new update fixed this bug. And about the CPU, the game is known to have problems with the cpu performance, theres just something wrong with this game
I have the v1.01, and i found out theres the v1.04 update that fixes, well improves 10% the performance on Nvidia, guess i will try that
But other than that i really like the game, i am playing it on lowest 60fps, but dont know why people did not like it much. Ok it is repetetive, but somehow it is fun and keeps u hooked up.The driving is cool in that game too

#6 November 21 2016

anayman_k7

Alright then, enjoy the broken game, but just FYI I read some GTX970 owners saying that the driver bug affected them, so Maxwell also and not only Pascal

Board footer