LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 4 2016

MrClass

Non-Cloth Damaging Deodorant

Hey guys,

Here's something you don't discuss much. I noticed that my deodorant is beginning to damage my clothes. After washing the shirts, dark stains remain on the arm pit rendering the shirt awful to wear. I noticed my new shirts are all now damaged and have to repurchase new ones.

I was using Speedstick 24/7 Durability (its a blue and orange container). I switched to Gillette sticks and effect was even worse.

I invest in quality cotton anti wrinkle shirts (from Geordano), and I can see my money thrown from the window anytime I see deodorant stains.

My young brother recommended using Speedstick Musk stick. It has amazing smell and non of the staining issues (it's a white and brownish stick container).

I've been using it for a while and it works and smells nicely. Unfortunately when I went back to Dubai (where is reside), I couldn't find that item in the market (weird).

Any other deodorants which you guys use and have long lasting effect without the staining issues?

Any recommendations if deodorant stains can be fixed? I got a whole closet with this issue :(

Please share.

PS: I don't want to depend on my mommy, I want to try figure this out by myself haha

Thanks all

#2 November 4 2016

Totoro

Re: Non-Cloth Damaging Deodorant

I use Speedstick Fresh Rush and it did that a couple of time, then I decided to put a decent amout immediately after showering and wait for it to cool down before wearing my shirt.

No problems at all now :).

#3 November 4 2016

anayman_k7

Same here, a lot of my TShirts got damaged, I use the SpeedStick because it is the only one that lasts, I dont believe in sprays

Totoro, what if during the day you get a little sweaty?

#4 November 4 2016

xazbrat

There are some by L'Oreal and Nivea which are said to be non staining, but I didn't really like the smell too much.  If you are staining dress shirts, just wear a white T-shirt underneath (not a 'fanela) and let them take the brunt of the sweat damage.  You could also wear t-shirts under polo shirts too and they are more useful than you would think in a very humid environment, despite the heat.

Also, you could stop using antiperspirants.  The reaction between sweat and aluminium is what causes a lot of these stains (hence the t-shirt advice).

#5 November 4 2016

Adlouni

I have tried almost every deodorant available in the market and none has worked perfectly for me.
I divide deodorants into two categories: 1- They stain the shirts, little sweat. 2- no stains on shirts, sweaty armpits.
The best solution is either to wear an undershirt to protect your shirts from stains or go to the pharmacy and buy something similar to Certain Dri Anti Perspirant. Unfortunately, it's not available in Lebanon but a good alternative is available which is Etiaxil. They sell it for about 15$ and it lasts for 1-2 months depending on how many times you use it. Yon only need to apply it once every couple days before bed time and say goodbye to sweat. Even in extreme conditions (sports, hot and humid weather, etc.) your armpits will stay DRY!

#6 November 5 2016

MrClass

Adlouni wrote:

I have tried almost every deodorant available in the market and none has worked perfectly for me.
I divide deodorants into two categories: 1- They stain the shirts, little sweat. 2- no stains on shirts, sweaty armpits.
The best solution is either to wear an undershirt to protect your shirts from stains or go to the pharmacy and buy something similar to Certain Dri Anti Perspirant. Unfortunately, it's not available in Lebanon but a good alternative is available which is Etiaxil. They sell it for about 15$ and it lasts for 1-2 months depending on how many times you use it. Yon only need to apply it once every couple days before bed time and say goodbye to sweat. Even in extreme conditions (sports, hot and humid weather, etc.) your armpits will stay DRY!

Thanks for sharing the info about this product. Just ordered it; will test it as soon as it comes.

In the meantime, I really recommend the Speedstick Musk. Amazing smell, durability, and non of the staining issues.

#7 November 5 2016

hkbazzi

MrClass wrote:
Adlouni wrote:

Thanks for sharing the info about this product. Just ordered it; will test it as soon as it comes.

In the meantime, I really recommend the Speedstick Musk. Amazing smell, durability, and non of the staining issues.

even the musk one stains
use nivea

#8 November 6 2016

Adlouni

MrClass wrote:

Congrats! Don't forget to keep us updated.

hkbazzi wrote:

even the musk one stains
use nivea

Nivea is good! I love Nivea, but I still  sweat a lot when using their products.

#9 March 3 2021

mikasa

Adlouni wrote:

buy something similar to Certain Dri Anti Perspirant. Unfortunately, it's not available in Lebanon but a good alternative is available which is Etiaxil. They sell it for about 15$ and it lasts for 1-2 month

where can i find Etiaxil or something similar?

#10 March 3 2021

beezer

I once read that the stain is because of the salt in sweat reacting with the minerals and metals in the deodorant.

Anyways, I started using spray deodorant and that seemed to eliminate the problem.

#11 March 4 2021

TheIlluminative

Get Vichy 48H Anti-Perspirant Anti-Stains Deodorant

https://www.vichy-lb.com/en/Men/48H-Ant … 26923.aspx

Board footer