LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 30 2016

hussam

Windows 10 installer.

Hi!
I run Linux as my desktop (some glitches but the main stuff such as firefox, libreoffice, mail client, and media players work well).
This is a 64bit processor with 4GB ram.
I have two hard disks. first is 1000GB and second is 500GB.
I downloaded windows 10 iso image from microsoft website. Google says if I don't enter a product key, then it will give me a trial mode. Trial mode is fine as I only need to test some stuff. This will only take a week or so.
Virtualisation is out of the question since this CPU doesn't support KVM.
I flashed the iso image in a computer running windows 7 in an internet cafe to two usb disks (one 8GB and one 32GB).
I tried booting them and both lock immediately after showing the windows 10 blue logo.

I tried another thing. I flashed the iso to a ntfs partition then added a GRUB entry to boot it.
It booted but also immediately locked up at the windows blue logo.

so far I have tried:
- Windows 10 64bit english iso.
- Windows 10 N 64bit english international iso.
Any idea how to debug this?

The last windows I used was good old windows XP in 2004 so I am quite out of date.

Would the 32bit image be worth downloading? Does Windows kernel support PAE to use the full 4GB ram? It is possible that one may boot?

Last edited by hussam (August 30 2016)

#2 October 14 2016

Fischer

Re: Windows 10 installer.

it seems to me that either your pc doesn't have the minimum requirements for windows 10 or the windows 10 image you downloaded is corrupted due to a connection problem, try downloading it using torrent.

But if you think it's a booting problem try

https://sourceforge.net/p/boot-repair-cd/home/Home/

#3 October 14 2016

Georges00

Re: Windows 10 installer.

You can always buy a Windows 10 installation disc for 3000LL to 5000LL if you want from any CD/DVD Shop.

Last edited by Georges00 (October 14 2016)

Board footer