LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 25 2016

OdeToDeath

Counter-Strike : Global Offensive Tournament

Hi everyone,
we got a deal with a local cybercafe in beirut , Ground Zero , for a 2000 $ prize pool . The owner of the place accepted to let us host a cs:go tournament there with his gear ( All pcs gtx 970 , i5-i7 , 144hz screens ) .

I've already fetched local teams in beirut , and would really like to let fellow geeks and players outside beirut know about this tournament . Maybe help the community grow stronger and help good players stand out .

Would anyone be interested?

#2 July 27 2016

NAM

Re: Counter-Strike : Global Offensive Tournament

I play at ground zero and i can vouch for the hardware and connection stability .. the place is also well air conditioned and has razor keyboards, mice and headsets .. it has over 40 Pcs (before the expansion) .. plus you can order from your pc (food, snacks, beverages, chocolate) .. the seats are either DxRacer or similar and are very comfortable. A big and easy recommendation from my part.
The place is between hamra and Koreitem (facing city cafe or bank beirut)

#3 July 30 2016

tiny fx

well I don't play cs:go competitively but I would like to watch the tournament. Let me know when its taking place.

#4 July 31 2016

OdeToDeath

Tiny fx , the tournament is normally scheduled on the 21 august ( a sunday ) . Hours haven't been set yet , but i"ll make sure to update you .

Also , we're working on a spectator's lounge . We're going to try to setup GOTV of the matches with AutoDirector on the tvs that are normally used for ps4s so you guys can follow up

Last edited by OdeToDeath (July 31 2016)

#5 August 16 2016

OdeToDeath

Good news , we'll also stream and cast the final , and maybe the semi-finals , on twitch . Stream will hopefully be in 720p 60fps

Last edited by OdeToDeath (August 16 2016)

#6 August 16 2016

hkbazzi

Im in, how do i join?

#7 August 16 2016

MrClass

I can play online if possible; though I'm only MGE. Am I a noob peasant or is that an ok rank?

#8 August 17 2016

ironman

good news, awaiting the twitch channel name :)

#9 August 17 2016

OdeToDeath

Here you go : https://www.twitch.tv/groundzeroleb

We"ll try to stream the semi-finals and final . We're still looking for a caster though if anyone's interested .

Also , sorry but this is a LAN tournament only , dedicated servers will be hosted at the venue ( CS:GO + TeamSpeak )

Last edited by OdeToDeath (August 17 2016)

#10 August 22 2016

OdeToDeath

Tournament has ended , the Ground Zero team won in first place with a prize of 2000 $ , Team ichorous got 2nd place with a prize of 500 $ , Team Elite gaming got the 3rd place with 150 $ worth of free hours in the cybercafe .

Aftet posting some threads on hltv days before the tournament , we got the attention of the admins . For the final , they kindly let us use their GOTV relays , scorebot and linked our casted twitch to the match page which was featured on the front page of the site .

Match Link :http://www.hltv.org/match/2304125-ichorous-ground-zero-ground-zero-summer-2016

Board footer