LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 6 2016

ThePS3Gamer

Raspberry Pi 3 Projects

So the challenge is, well it's not quite of a challenge as the Raspberrypi 3is a piece of controller that runs at 1.2 Ghz and is a Quad core.

So the thing is some people ( like me ), are getting their Pi's set up and have no bread boards nor jumper wires etc.
Tell us about some nifty tricks people can do and have fun with before they get their set ready!

Plex Media server etc..

#2 June 6 2016

xterm

Re: Raspberry Pi 3 Projects

Assuming GPIO is what you're expecting to work with, you don't need a breadboard to start building your project.

- Pick a programming language that has a decent GPIO wrapper. (Python is quite common)
- Implement your project by setting expectations for the output/input.
- Install Wiring PI which provides you with a utility for managing and checking the status of your GPIO pins.
- View the status using: gpio readall

Once you receive your set, hook up the components and test.

#3 June 6 2016

Johnaudi

May I also know from where were you able to get your hands on a RP3?

#4 July 9 2016

Mero55

Hey!

I know i'm late but here goes nothing
Alot of people accompany the RPi3 with hardware projects but you can also do software only projects eliminating the need of breadboard,wires and all that.
Such projects are twitterbots, AI(http://europe.newsweek.com/artificial-intelligence-raspberry-pi-pilot-ai-475291?rm=eu) , machine learning , or you can just use it as a development environment
Good Luck!

Board footer