LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 7 2016

elchebib

Battlefield 1

So a return to the WW era after all these sci-fi shooters that have overloaded the internet. I am talking specifically about the latest CoD series. However, it doesn't mean that this one is going to be good. We'll just have to wait and see.

Any impressions?

#2 May 7 2016

AVOlio

Re: Battlefield 1

I'm kind of disappointed, i was waiting for a regular present time Battlefield shooter (like BF3 and BF4, Except all the bullshit like mortars ucav's or suav's..).

The graphics they looked awesome in the trailer, but that is in the trailer, in the game its gonna be different.
And honestly i never liked the graphics of BF4, it felt like i was watching Cartoon Network sometimes.

Anyway, i will not buy Battlefield 1, at for sure i will not pre order it, until i see some gameplay footage, and furthermore, until i make sure that they bring back the marksman bonus that will be added in your score instead of just stating the range of the headshot!

#3 May 7 2016

arached

The ww theme is brilliant it's abiut time that a game go back to this theme. I knew before about the decided theme but i was expexting and preffering ww2 (more weapons, much better war,...) But still it seems a hell of a game the trailer is way better than cod's and like AVOLio said we should wait for gameplays to see how multiplayer will be. Fingercrossed to be an improvement of previous bf not like the shitty hardline

Last edited by arached (May 7 2016)

#4 May 7 2016

NuclearVision

I'm not familiar with battlefield series, but for once, it seems like a good idea.
I mean why 'modern' games with modern graphic engines and controls necessarly handle modern material like sci fi or isis or Newest weapons in real life. I'd like for instance to see a racing game with the same environement of the 20th century, the first half to be exact, with modern graphics and gameplay.

#5 May 10 2016

anayman_k7

WW1 generally considered a risky move just because we have an impression that WW1 was a boring war, no much action outside the bolt action trench warfare, if you watch the videos by LevelCap and Jackfrags that analyzed the trailer you will see that there is a good variety of weapons to have fun with. For me I will wait gameplay videos and reviews and then try to buy it using a Mexican proxy to save some money in case the game was good, I have skipped Hardline and Battlefront but I have a feeling this one will be good

#6 May 10 2016

bermudapineapple

I think it looks awesome. I might get it if I feel I have the time to play it. I just wish it was on Steam rather than Origin.

#7 June 13 2016

anayman_k7

So the multiplayer was revealed, I gotta say I'm excited for this game it is showing a very good potential, graphics are awesome and gameplay is immersive, I'll skip going into details but I guess we all agree that we have the female voice talking about objectives being captured/lost.

Here is some JackFrags videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mizPP-wYJCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkRcvtGE90Q

#8 June 13 2016

AVOlio

Marksman Bonus for sniper is back!
Now this game became open into consideration from my behalf.

#9 June 13 2016

anayman_k7

AVOlio wrote:

Marksman Bonus for sniper is back!
Now this game became open into consideration from my behalf.

As far as I heard snipers will not 1 shot people even if it a headshot from very long range, the sniper bonus was removed mainly because of boosters who will join empty servers to snipe each other intentionally from far ranges and get XP for that

#10 June 14 2016

AVOlio

They can't do that.
That was the only advantage of the sniper class in the scoreboard, their marksman bonus.
Medics have their health packs and defibrillators, engineers have their rpgs and repair tools, support has their ammo box etc...
And snipers have the marksman bonus to gather score.
I used to always be top of the scoreboard because of repetitive 300-400m headshots, but since they removed it, i wouldn't even appear on the board, which is why i haven't played BF4 it's been Months now.

They want to stop the boosters, they could have removed for examples marksman bonuses over 1000 only.

lets hope what you said is not true, and that there will be one shot head shot kills even from long ranges.
In the video, head shot kills were deadly, it was about 100-200m.

#11 June 14 2016

Totoro

I'm down for BF WW1 as well. Reminds me of Battlefield Vietnam. Oh boy I used to love that game.

Hopefully this one won't have 500 DLCs though.

#12 June 14 2016

Tech Guru

Xiwu7Ml.jpg

Pulled the Trigger , it seems nice.

#13 June 14 2016

AVOlio

Tech Guru wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Xiwu7Ml.jpg

Nice,
If you dont like the game you can always gift that account to me .

#14 June 15 2016

Tech Guru

AVOlio wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Xiwu7Ml.jpg

Nice,
If you dont like the game you can always gift that account to me .

Sure ;)

#15 June 30 2016

AVOlio

So i got a closed alpha invitation code, downloaded yesterday and going to start playing today (updating the nvidia drivers lol).

Anyone else got it?

#16 June 30 2016

anayman_k7

Congratulations, how much is the download size of closed alpha?

#17 June 30 2016

Corxorn

Fun with friends i guess

#18 June 30 2016

AVOlio

anayman_k7 wrote:

6 GB, downloaded yesterday night.

Now i don't want to judge the game prematurely by what i experienced,
But i really hate the map, tactically and design i mean, my experience was bad and every corner i meet a tank or armored vehicle and i couldn't do anything. Although visually it looks awesome.

#19 July 1 2016

anayman_k7

AVOlio wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

6 GB, downloaded yesterday night.

Now i don't want to judge the game prematurely by what i experienced,
But i really hate the map, tactically and design i mean, my experience was bad and every corner i meet a tank or armored vehicle and i couldn't do anything. Although visually it looks awesome.

I've heard similar feedback about tanks being OP, but do not forget that the current weapons are a small part from what the game will have at release, at least the dynamites, personally I would like them to heavily slow the tanks to have a slower turret with slower tracks and engine etc

Last edited by anayman_k7 (July 1 2016)

#20 July 11 2016

Satfoun
Banned

i have played ...BF2 ..BFBC2 ....BF3....BF4....and BFH ( heroes and hardline ) Lately been playin mostly Hardline, i love that game so much
The only game i faced problems with is BF4, i could not spot the enemie lol
Instead i play it on the LOWEST graphics settings and brightness maximum. Did not face same problem in any other game. It was just that eveything is going to make you blind. After watching gameplays of BF1, i guess it is going to be the same for me
With all that fog and obscure environment

#21 August 14 2016

ballad

guys do you think that a preorder from g2a for 47$ is good now?

#22 August 16 2016

Totoro

Planning on playing BF1 on release too!
Glad most of the reviews seem quite good so far! I've played every BF game my favorite ones back then were Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam, let's hope this one will be as good. I just love this period and when War has to do with History especially.

#23 August 16 2016

ballad

what reviews?

#24 August 16 2016

mohammadk97

ballad wrote:

what reviews?

I think he meant the reactions of the Beta.

#25 August 17 2016

Totoro

mohammadk97 wrote:
ballad wrote:

what reviews?

I think he meant the reactions of the Beta.

Yeah, many Youtubers reviewed the Beta. They're not the final reviews, but reviews nonetheless.

Board footer