LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 4 2016

Totoro

Overwatch

I've been eager to play Overwatch ever since the last Blizzard convention and I finally got a Beta key.

I played the game yesterday with a couple of friends who also got access to the Beta and it was the most fun I've had in a long time playing a first person shooter game. CSGO became boring and a bit too Russian, Battlefield: Hardline was meh, CoD is garbage now, so this game was just what I needed.

- The first thing I realized is that it reminded me of Team Fortress a lot.
- I love the fact that you can be a support, a builder, a sniper etc...
- You have unlimited ammunition so you just focus on your abilities and helping out your teammates
- Each hero has 2 abilities and a jaw dropping ultimate ability
- The maps are cool and I feel like most are actual locations just like some maps in CStrike
- Games can go from 3 to 15 minutes so you just keep playing and trying different heroes, maps and abilities

But be careful, Blizzard are known for games that make you time travel, I played for 6 hours straight without even noticing.

Just thought I'd share my awesome experience playing this game and I highly recommend everyone to try it.

Btag: #Melkor2987

#2 May 4 2016

Die_Kapitan

Re: Overwatch

Totoro wrote:

CSGO became boring and a bit too Russian, Battlefield: Hardline was meh, CoD is garbage now, so this game was just what I needed.

Give Rising Storm, Red Orchestra, Killing Floor 2 (basically any FPS by Tripwire), ARMA III (COD's polar opposite), Verdun, Insurgency or Squad (awesome game BTW, it's very realistic and communication is key in it, graphics are great and it's pretty well-optimized for an Early Access game) a try, too.

Last edited by Die_Kapitan (May 4 2016)

#3 May 4 2016

Totoro

Die_Kapitan wrote:
Totoro wrote:

CSGO became boring and a bit too Russian, Battlefield: Hardline was meh, CoD is garbage now, so this game was just what I needed.

Give Rising Storm, Red Orchestra, Killing Floor 2 (basically any FPS by Tripwire), ARMA III (COD's polar opposite), Verdun, Insurgency or Squad (awesome game BTW, it's very realistic and communication is key in it, graphics are great and it's pretty well-optimized for an Early Access game) a try, too.

I just named the popular games I played for a long time. I've tried ARMA III, didn't really enjoy it, probably because none of my friends liked it too. KF 2 on console was meh. I liked Insurgency.
Even though I've never heard of Rising Storm and Verdun I like shooter games in this era, much like the old Battlefield games.

But honestly, I wouldn't be posting about it if it wasn't that good, I'm not promoting it or anything. I just really had fun playing Overwatch.
There's an Open Beta starting tomorrow till the 9th I believe. Try it out and let me know what you think.

#4 May 9 2016

ManOwaRR

should be free to play , i will not buy , since i  bought uncharted 4 deluxe  edition which is believe naughty dog deserve the money , from what i have seen , it looks like a master piece

and yes i played overwatch beta , not worth the money for the content it has

#5 May 9 2016

ragdoll

I agree with ManOwaRR. I don't mind it not being an F2P game (keeps away some annoyances) but $60 for it feels like a bit too much in my opinion.

#6 May 9 2016

Joe

Looking to buy, hoping for Mac/Linux support. I've been watching some pro games, it looks like so much fun!

#7 May 9 2016

silo_m8

ragdoll wrote:

I agree with ManOwaRR. I don't mind it not being an F2P game (keeps away some annoyances) but $60 for it feels like a bit too much in my opinion.

It's 40$

#8 May 9 2016

ManOwaRR

and still not worth it

20$  max  , do you see how little content the game has , it's fun for a while yeah true , but i would rather to have such a game free to play

i mean compare it to doom which i ordered for 35$ and uncharted 4 and tell me you'll get overwatch , unless you are a blizzard fanboy which is another story

#9 May 10 2016

Totoro

I agree with you guys about the price. It's a bit too much for the content we're getting. But I really enjoyed playing it with friends and since they're buying it I will too. Not buying Uncharted 4 because of that but still it's a personal choice in the end.

I'll be buying the $40 version, $60 is just ridiculous for the lame perks you get.

#10 May 10 2016

ManOwaRR

please No , Sacrificing Uncharted for that :(

please please check twitch uncharted channel , i have a strong feeling you'd change your mind :)

and good morning

#11 May 10 2016

Joe

I don't think you can compare Uncharted to Overwatch. While they're both really good game, the first is a single player adventure game with multiplayer almost added as an afterthought, while the latter is a competitive multiplayer game showing Blizzard's serious commitment to invading eSports.

#12 May 10 2016

ManOwaRR

have u  played uncharted  mp , it's  anything but afterthought,  no aim assist and it's pretty  fun and good , on the other hand overwatch on ps4 has aim assist

#13 May 11 2016

Totoro

I played Overwatch on PC, no aim assist of course, so that's relieving lol.

As for the difference, I'm well aware, but I already spent my money on Overwatch I'm not going to spend the same amount on Uncharted 4 right now. I can play Uncharted 4 later but I can't let my friends enjoy Overwatch without me when it's released.

I have seen it on twitch, I love the graphics, the gameplay and the story line, which is what attracts me the most in any game. Plus I still need to play some Witcher 3, the game feels endless.

#14 May 15 2016

EzikMezik

IMO I think it's worth the 40$, the game is very fun and from what I have seen in beta it's pretty polished as well.

Personally I prefer paying 40$ initially and then have the freedom of getting all the skins/cosmetics I want by playing the game instead of paying money in a cash shop, which most f2p games have, that way the cosmetics that you get reflect how much you have played the game and how much time you have invested in it, not how much money you have. Reaction like "woah, this guy must have really grinded his ass off for that skin" are much better than something like "Meh, he just spent X amount of money to get that skin".

I hope this makes sense.

#15 May 15 2016

Ramnesia

Well I think this game has the right price ( Origin edition is a waste of money). Played the beta with 4 of my friends and we couldn't stop playing, so we decided to get it and thats what we did.
TIK TOK TIK TOK TIK TOK
It's the first Blizzard game I like.

#16 May 15 2016

ragdoll

Can anyone confirm that there's only the Origins edition on the PS4? Can't find a $40 option.

#17 May 15 2016

Ramnesia

ragdoll wrote:

Can anyone confirm that there's only the Origins edition on the PS4? Can't find a $40 option.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl … h-presales

#18 May 15 2016

ragdoll

Well shit..

#19 May 16 2016

Totoro

Ramnesia, I had the same experience, immediately hooked to the game for like 12 hours straight. Pre-ordered for shizz.

#20 May 24 2016

Totoro

Now it's live finally! Played one game before heading for work today. Really excited to get back home and play some more.

#21 May 24 2016

Ramnesia

Same here waiting to get back home from work and play.
We're all soldiers now.

#22 May 26 2016

Totoro

Hhahah
"Die! Die! Die!" - Reaper

#23 May 27 2016

Silentcontrol

Hey guys check this video its some overwatch gameplay https://youtu.be/zmHJfmgE3ww
You can check other viedoa on the channel too some other games like dota2 and rainbow six siege h1z1...

#24 June 6 2016

xterm

I think it's a pretty amazing game. Not being a good FPS player makes it slightly difficult to get accustomed to the high pace of action, but overall I do like the diversity of the heroes and roles. I noticed how different the game gets the more you level, I think there was a fluke where while playing "Quick Play", we (~L10 average) were matched against a much higher level team of players (~L35 average) and were obliterated by our lack of coordination and objective play, versus their complete domination of objectives while benefitting from all available roles.

All in all, it's a good launch and more than enough fun and gameplay diversity.

Hanzo FTW!

#25 June 7 2016

Ramnesia

https://youtu.be/_UU8jqxAiHQ
I think you should know this.
Good or bad ?

Board footer