LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 5 2016

MohMokdad2

CS GO Server in Lebanon

I'm not a hardcore gamer in any way, i don't even play that much of Counter Strike Global Offensive (but i do play CS 1.3 a lot with my friends at a nearby place). I do believe that CS GO is a very addicting game that a lot of you like to play.

You all may know the misery of having a Lebanese internet connection, high ping, low download speeds. This was the major limiting factor that prevented me from playing CS online, But things have changed in the past month, i subscribed to IDM instead of Sodetel, and the ping was decent really, 110 ms while playing CS.

So, i took the opportunity and created a CS GO Server on my small server, with the 4mbps plan from IDM for testing purposes.
I have no idea if there's another CS GO Server in Lebanon, but i like the idea of having a server for a lot of other games inside Lebanon.
My server ins't anything fancy at all, but i think it will get things done . My friend's ping is 75~80 ms when he connects (he is also a subscriber at IDM).

I haven't configured it yet, but i have removed bots and changed the game type to Classic Casual. Max players is 10, it isn't a lot but i am testing the waters. I can use somebody's help in configuring it properly, so any suggestions is welcomed.

I will be running the server each day from 11 pm to 7 am so it doesn't account on my account usage, i know it is late and what not but it i am just experimenting.

Server address:

Waiting for your replies.

Edit: I think this is not practical and i can't find a way to delete my post.

Last edited by MohMokdad2 (April 5 2016)

#2 April 6 2016

ironman

Re: CS GO Server in Lebanon

Nice try man, too bad i just saw your post, i probably assume you had upload issues (upload is very weak on DSL connections)
if you change your mind you can rent a "Pre-Configured" CSGO Server for like 10$ a month, i can link you to several ones.

Last edited by ironman (April 6 2016)

#3 April 6 2016

NuclearVision

Wait you have a real ip? I mean what ip did you give your friend to use ? Plus do you use dns?

#4 April 6 2016

MohMokdad2

ironman wrote:

Nice try man, too bad i just saw your post, i probably assume you had upload issues (upload is very weak on DSL connections)
if you change your mind you can rent a "Pre-Configured" CSGO Server for like 10$ a month, i can link you to several ones.

I don't think it is an upload speed isue, because as soon as i turned my server on and posted my IP address there's something strange started to happen to my internet, i lost connection and the cpu usage on my dd-wrt router spiked to 98%. That's why i turned it of.

I hope that someone would like to try it, if you would please pm me.

I don't intend to rent a server beacuse it would it defy the idea of a Lebanese server.

Another thing is, if my server is turned on and someone from Lebanon is trying to browse a community server it would appear first thing at the top beacuse of the low latency. I have made it public and applied for a steam server token in order for everyone to connect.

Last edited by MohMokdad2 (April 6 2016)

#5 April 6 2016

MohMokdad2

NuclearVision wrote:

Wait you have a real ip? I mean what ip did you give your friend to use ? Plus do you use dns?

I don't have the real ip package from IDM but i think my IP never changes, the only time it would change it's when i turn off the modem or I disconnect from the central. It still am assumption beacsue i never use my ip, i use ddclient to update my domain's ip.

My friend can connect to my server as simple as browsing the community servers in CS GO.

#6 April 8 2016

Mom

There is a new cs go server made by Lebanese Gaming Emporium!
You can check it:

ip: 5.196.77.139:57050
pass: leb961 (if it asks u about the pass )

#7 April 8 2016

Raficoo

Mom wrote:

There is a new cs go server made by Lebanese Gaming Emporium!
You can check it:

ip: 5.196.77.139:57050
pass: leb961 (if it asks u about the pass )

actually you got the port number wrong,
it's 5.196.77.139:27050

also nice server, but I love how connecting to a csgo server within the same country gives me a ping of 100ms (Ogero, interleaved DSL)
and that's almost the same ping to an EU server, gotta love the routing optimization here, in Australia I got a friend who complains of his internet but when he joins the local server there he gets 15ms, such is life...

I'm curious as to how much ping other users with other ISPs get to the server

#8 April 9 2016

tzuka

As per Ripe the IP is assigned to ovh france which is a cloud provider. So the latency is normal.

#9 April 12 2016

Mom

Oh sorry about the wrong port number! That's how it was posted on Facebook.

#10 November 25 2016

MAD

anyone know where to meet with other lebanese gaming geeks
like a discord server or a teamspeak server , maybe a website or forum here.

thank you

Board footer