LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 3 2016

vlatkozelka

A4tech bloody b314 "mechanical" keyboard

I've been looking for a mechanical keyboard, since I spend a lot of time on my PC for gaming and studying (software) , and my keyboards get worn off pretty fast.

So I've noticed the price is pretty consistent no matter what the brand you chose, probably because the switches themselves are the major factor behind the cost.

But I stumbled across this keyboard on pcandparts.com , it's from the bloody series and claims to be mechanical AND the fastest response keyboard ever made .
I'm a noobie so can't post links yet it seems , but it can be easily found on bloody's website .

There are 2 weird things about it , first it's 35$ on PcAndParts.com , so 57000LL if you add shipping and VAT , way below the usual mechanical keyboards prices. And second the "4 Lighting strike" switches : this confused me the most because that means that those 4 switches use a special type of mechanical switche with infrared, but does that mean that the rest of the keyboard is just a mechanical switch OR a normal membrane switch ? The title does say mechanical keyboard , but hey my PSU says 500 (without the Watts unit) on it  <-- marketing

So does anyone have this keyboard or a similar one from the same series ? Is it actually mechanical or only 4 switches ? I have no problem of it being A4Tech (you get what you pay for ) or the "ugly" design as it somewhat matches the aggresive coolermaster case design I got

#2 February 3 2016

haidcar

Re: A4tech bloody b314 "mechanical" keyboard

its not a real mechanical switch. rather it uses some sort infrared sensor to detect a keypress, ( like an elevator door sensor).

i personally prefer the traditional mechanical switches for tactile feedback and sound.

#3 February 4 2016

vlatkozelka

haidcar wrote:

its not a real mechanical switch. rather it uses some sort infrared sensor to detect a keypress, ( like an elevator door sensor).

i personally prefer the traditional mechanical switches for tactile feedback and sound.

Yeah that's why I posted this, it could still have the tactile feedback if they wanted that . All the reviews are in Czech for some reason, but in one video he removes the keycaps off the D keys to display the replaceable feature , but accidentally reveals the F key , and its a normal membrance switch . So the keyboard is basically as good as any other cheap membrane keyboard I guess .

#4 February 4 2016

Cpt.Majed

if you can afford a 100$+ keyboard , go for the Razer since it's way better than the bloody and it feels mechanical and robust more than bloody.

#5 February 4 2016

Tech Guru

I have been using the bloody B254 and Bloody RT5 Wireless Mouse Since 1 month ,

Similar to the B314 which i Recommend the B254 (for the looks) the WASD keys are only " mechanical" and I removed the caps to check that and it has great colors' RGB combination adjustable through KeyDominator1 Software.

y93JHVl.jpg

YZZb7HC.jpg

IKUUo6H.jpg

Perfect , and in my opinion they do the job right (RGB , Macros , No Double Clicking , Combo   , and better to save the extra money to get a graphic card upgrade.

However, if you into the Mechanical Keyboard stuff PCandParts will have soon the Corsair K70 and Strafe , and I will go with the K70 as a premium product and better than Razor top variant available here (Black Widow Chroma RGB).

#6 February 4 2016

haidcar

K70 RGB Master Race!

#7 February 5 2016

NAM

Cpt.Majed wrote:

if you can afford a 100$+ keyboard , go for the Razer since it's way better than the bloody and it feels mechanical and robust more than bloody.

Their switches are Chinese made duplicates :S

#8 February 7 2016

Johnaudi

haidcar wrote:

K70 RGB Master Race!

This^

I can guarantee the K70 beats the Razer one in most ways. I've owned one for a year now, never had a single issue. (Possibly at the first month for me to get used to it, it was my first mechanical keyboard)

#9 February 7 2016

xterm

Johnaudi wrote:

I can guarantee the K70 beats the Razer one in most ways. I've owned one for a year now, never had a single issue. (Possibly at the first month for me to get used to it, it was my first mechanical keyboard)

How can you guarantee? Have you had problems with Razer? My black window has been serving for over 3 years and going strong.

#10 February 7 2016

Die_Kapitan

haidcar wrote:

K70 RGB

What a weird way to say Ducky Shine 5.

#11 February 7 2016

Johnaudi

xterm wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

How can you guarantee? Have you had problems with Razer? My black window has been serving for over 3 years and going strong.

I had my hands on my friend's Razer, it's good ,I didn't say it has problems but the K70 is way smoother, the other one feels a bit like the keyboards you buy off cheap. Thus to be considered beaten by the K70 even if it's slightly more expensive.

#12 February 7 2016

haidcar

Die_Kapitan wrote:
haidcar wrote:

K70 RGB

What a weird way to say Ducky Shine 5.

If only they  kept the Vol knobs, and made it out of aluminum.

#13 February 9 2016

Tech Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcY0FlnUe5g

A mechanical keyboard buyers guide. In this video  They sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Blues Vs Browns Vs Reds Vs Clears Vs Greens Vs Blacks Switches , nice to have an idea about that.

For Premium Top Products Have a Look at ( :

Steelseries Apex M800  RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Corsair K95
Corsair K 70
Corasir Strafe
Logitech's G910 Orion Spark

Corsair's new gaming SDK imbues RGB keyboard backlighting with purpose. Finally, RGB backlighting on keyboards is good for something other than just looking pretty. It needs developers' contribution sure , but a smart move by Corsair.

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 9 2016)

#14 February 14 2016

Tech Guru

Corsair  K70 RGB - Cherry MX Red for  USD 238 at PC&Parts ;)

#15 February 15 2016

MrElie

i just bought the logitech g910 orion spark. saw some pretty decent reviews on it. @hkbazzi told me it's not really nice because they have their own mechanical switches and its hard to find parts. but i still think it's an awesome keyboard.

#16 February 15 2016

hkbazzi

MrElie wrote:

i just bought the logitech g910 orion spark. saw some pretty decent reviews on it. @hkbazzi told me it's not really nice because they have their own mechanical switches and its hard to find parts. but i still think it's an awesome keyboard.

Yeah I changed my mind about the Orion Spark. Logitech do know their stuff and they have decent build quality, surely beats razer's chroma junk, and for its price point it sure does beat that price tag on the ugly corsair.

Last edited by hkbazzi (February 15 2016)

#17 February 16 2016

MrElie

hkbazzi wrote:

Yeah I changed my mind about the Orion Spark. Logitech do know their stuff and they have decent build quality, surely beats razer's chroma junk, and for its price point it sure does beat that price tag on the ugly corsair.

Lol man, after you told me that it's bad I kept googling for an hour reviews and parts reviews and shit like that. I found out that you can buy spare parts anywhere. So I made a good choice with the keyboard hehe

Last edited by MrElie (February 16 2016)

Board footer