LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 20 2015

mickzster

PlayStation Store US or UAE ?

Hey,

I just got a PS4 and I was wondering if I should create a US or UAE account.
Because I want to download DLCs which are apparently unavailable in Lebanon.

Maybe experienced PS4 users can help me out?

Last edited by mickzster (December 20 2015)

#2 December 20 2015

Adnan

Re: PlayStation Store US or UAE ?

The one year PS+ subscription is more expensive on the UAE store (at least when I saw it). I had a UAE account, but quickly switched to a US one afterwards, which has more deals and stuff.

Just make sure you buy region 1 game discs to be able to download the DLCs as they are region-locked.

Last edited by Adnan (December 20 2015)

#3 December 20 2015

mickzster

Adnan wrote:

The one year PS+ subscription is more expensive on the UAE store (at least when I saw it). I had a UAE account, but quickly switched to a US one afterwards, which has more deals and stuff.

Just make sure you buy region 1 game discs to be able to download the DLCs as they are region-locked.

Thanks

#4 December 21 2015

Louis40

Hi,
I am a newbie in PS4 and i just bought one. I went to Virgin citymall and bought a subscription for 1 year 79$ UAE account. What are DLCs ?
What is the difference between US and UAE account? Games should be in region 1 so it can work on UAE account?

Your help will be appreciated..

#5 December 21 2015

chosen2k

DLC = Downloadable content. It can be anything, new maps, weapons gear for a certain game etc...

US: You buy the cards from amazon. Card value 50$ = 49.99$
UAE: You buy the cards from virgin Card value 50$ = $79   (as you can see, Virgin is amazing)

DLC are region locked so depending on the region of the game you have you should download the DLC from the correct store.

I know that there's a lebanese psn store however I never tried it, but I know that the prices are in dollars.

#6 December 21 2015

Adnan

chosen2k wrote:

DLC = Downloadable content. It can be anything, new maps, weapons gear for a certain game etc...

US: You buy the cards from amazon. Card value 50$ = 49.99$
UAE: You buy the cards from virgin Card value 50$ = $79   (as you can see, Virgin is amazing)

DLC are region locked so depending on the region of the game you have you should download the DLC from the correct store.

I know that there's a lebanese psn store however I never tried it, but I know that the prices are in dollars.

It's a bit tricky to buy US PSN digital codes from Amazon. I bought mine for 47$ here: https://www.offgamers.com/game-card/con … rk-card-us , I ended up saving 50 cents with the transactions   (depends on your bank).

I can confirm that it's safe, I got my code in nearly no time.

Last edited by Adnan (December 21 2015)

#7 December 21 2015

chosen2k

Nothing tricky, It's a one click purchase and the code gets displayed on the screen instantly.

#8 December 21 2015

Adnan

Ah, so I assume you've tried it and it worked for you. It didn't work for me because it wanted a US address, and the transaction didn't even work at the end.

amazon_us_psn_codes.jpg

#9 December 21 2015

chosen2k

What i get

Your billing address should match the country of the card.
Maybe have a US address as shipping address even though the code is digital?

& try this link http://www.amazon.com/20-PlayStation-St … 320&sr=1-1

BTW: your image is an old screenshot uploaded in 06/2013 that's even before the PS4 release! Try again yourself it'll work.

Last edited by chosen2k (December 21 2015)

#10 December 21 2015

Adnan

Well it says right there in the description:

Online Game Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.

But you've tried it and it worked, I can't argue with that. I'll try Amazon next time then, they should be safer.

Board footer