LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 5 2015

abd0

Hi + CS research help

Hi everyone!

First, nice challenge, had to do quite a bit of digging to get my Python code running :-). I'm an AUB alumni where I've been away in Europe for the last 10 years, and now working as a research scientist in media informatics in Germany.

I started an independent project to identify tech opportunities and challenges to improve the navigation issues in Lebanon, and I'd like your help. My main target group are Lebanese people who use tech as part of their daily lives. By publishing this work at a CS conference, I'm hoping I could raise international awareness from the ICT4D community, and take this work further, perhaps by going into crowd-based solutions.

My question: any ideas where I could reach participants besides the usual social network suspects?

Thanks!
Abdo

ps. is there an active OpenStreetMap group mapping Lebanon? From what I've seen, seems it's been inactive for some time now...

#2 October 6 2015

Brownies

Re: Hi + CS research help

Hi and Welcome!
I can't answers your question regarding the OpenStreetMap, but I'm sure if you survey university students, you could get a lot of participants regarding your research.
Sorry I couldn't be of much help!

Great to have you here!

#3 October 7 2015

abd0

Re: Hi + CS research help

Thanks Brownies! Indeed, targeting uni students seems to be the best strategy, but it's quite difficult getting people to participate online with only a lottery-based incentive (vs fixed-rate monetary incentive). I've now asked some people in Lebanon to print out physical ads and place them at different places there :-), and so far it's helping with the sample size.

Thanks again!

Board footer