LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 23 2015

rolf

Codewars & co

Hello,

Someone at work mentioned this website some time last week: www.codewars.com

I thought it was cool and registered, and had a little virtual sparring/competition with another co-worker (he provoked me!)
When you add your company when registering (they call it "clan" on their website), you will automatically be put in a list with all others from the same company, and you see each other's score, ranking and solutions. (careful: the company name is case-sensitive, so you need to write it exactly the same to find your coworkers).

Anyway, there are a handful of other similar (yet in some ways different) sites which I bookmarked, but I don't have them right now, I'll post them here tomorrow if I remember.

Though fellows here would be interested.
On codewars my honor is 25 and ranking 8kyu.
At the top of the list for my company, the #1 has honor of 258 and ranking of 4kyu.
I haven't checked, but but I think we're mostly all doing JavaScript exercises - although there is ruby and other languages to pick from on.

Last edited by rolf (August 23 2015)

#2 August 23 2015

Brownies

Re: Codewars & co

https://www.hackthissite.org/

Quite difficult! I like how your options for completing the challenges aren't just limited to what's displayed on the webpage or what's given to you (that's a major hint btw).

#3 August 23 2015

rolf

I've just reached honor score of "25" on codewars, which means that I can now write my own kata and they will be released as "beta". In other words I can create exercices (or tests or whatever you call them - they call them "kata") and earn points for that.
Pretty cool.
Thanks for the link Brownies. I'll try to remember sharing the other links that I have here as well.

#4 August 24 2015

rolf

Here you go, here is another link:
https://www.codecademy.com/

The other ones I had bookmarked are actually paying or quasi-paying sites.

#5 August 24 2015

Johnaudi

Brownies wrote:
https://www.hackthissite.org/

Quite difficult! I like how your options for completing the challenges aren't just limited to what's displayed on the webpage or what's given to you (that's a major hint btw).

I have to say, it was a pleasure doing those challenges. I've finished all the basic ones and went on to the realistic, it's pretty straightforward and really helpful after research.

#6 September 1 2015

rolf

Okay, if anyone is interested in Codewars, please check it out. It is pretty cool. Here is a link:
www.codewars.com/r/zYYHHQ

I you use that link I will receive some honor points for referral and I will be happier!
It's too bad that you can only have one clan. But if you register and set your clan (company name) to "Lebgeeks" (watch the uppercase) then you'll all find yourself on the same list and see each other's solutions which I think is pretty cool.

#7 September 1 2015

venam

--

Last edited by venam (September 9 2016)

Board footer