LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 3 2015

Brownies

Ohai! The guy below me has a better UID than me :C

Hey there!

I've had my eye on this forum for quite a bit and I finally decided to join; mainly because it would be interesting to discuss technological subjects with people that actually live in the same country as me.

Little introduction and I won't be giving out a lot of personal details because that's not why we're here for!
I'm a 20-ish university students currently studying Computer Science at Notre Dame University. I love programming, robotics and basically anything else that has an electrical pulse. I love taking things apart although most of the times... They stay that way.
I have experience in:
:: C++
:: DOS (Who even uses that these days?).
:: Java (not as much as C++ or DOS).
:: Computer hardware and software; in terms of architecture I suppose.
:: Taking broken stuff apart, banging them against the wall and somehow making them work again.
:: "Hacking". I wasn't even sure if I was going to put this here. People are always misled about what 'hacking' is or how it's done. The explanation of 'what or how' is way too broad to write here. Maybe I'll make a thread about it.

Due to my curiosity and excitement, I always have a project I'm working on.
Current Projects:
:: C++ program that I won't reveal too much about (yet)
:: A fully responsive (feedback) and smart multicopter that can navigate by GPS along with fail-safes. Should I make a tutorial while I'm here?
:: Future project: Arduino controlled home. Not sure what I'm gonna do exactly but... I'll figure something out.

I'd love to share a lot of my experiences in any field so don't be shy to shoot me a message :) I love working in projects so don't be scared to ask!
So... Hi!

Last edited by Brownies (August 3 2015)

#2 August 3 2015

Die_Kapitan

Re: Ohai! The guy below me has a better UID than me :C

Welcome to the forum.

#3 August 3 2015

NAM

welcome .. hope you find it as good as you wanted it to be

#4 August 3 2015

Flakk

Welcome!

#5 August 4 2015

MAS

Welcome

#6 August 4 2015

LifeEngineer

Great man! I loved your introduction! I'm a civil engineer but I have always loved programming.
In fact, I chose electrical engineering at the lebanese university because I love programming but it turned out that it's more of electricity than anything else! And since I HATE electricity I switched to civil major because I loved that too!

Looking forward to know more about your projects!
Welcome!

#7 August 4 2015

Brownies

LifeEngineer wrote:

Great man! I loved your introduction! I'm a civil engineer but I have always loved programming.
In fact, I chose electrical engineering at the lebanese university because I love programming but it turned out that it's more of electricity than anything else! And since I HATE electricity I switched to civil major because I loved that too!

Looking forward to know more about your projects!
Welcome!

Thanks! I'll definitely make a tutorial for my current multicopter project! Just waiting for all the parts to arrive.
And since you love programming, why didn't you just flat out switch to CCE or CSC?

Board footer