LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 30 2015

Sup3r

Importing cars

I've seen prices in the US for used cars are much cheaper than in Lebanon, I know about the customs I think there's a customs list for fees available somewhere on the internet based on the car model.

Is there anyone who gone through this process?

#2 July 30 2015

Prince

Re: Importing cars

i found out this http://new.customs.gov.lb/index.php/car-tax/1/87/92 it may help you

#3 July 30 2015

rtp

Sup3r wrote:

I've seen prices in the US for used cars are much cheaper than in Lebanon, I know about the customs I think there's a customs list for fees available somewhere on the internet based on the car model.

Basically you should bribe your way around... They might steal your car keys and you have to bribe them to get it back, you know the usual stuff.

#4 July 30 2015

TheStunMan

rtp wrote:
Sup3r wrote:

Basically you should bribe your way around... They might steal your car keys and you have to bribe them to get it back, you know the usual stuff.

I thought about it, actually the corruption is much deeper, the Lebanese car resellers are behind this corruption as well, think about it why would they allow an easy process to buy any car from abroad while you can buy one right now paying the high prices..
Anyway, regarding the keys all you need to do is ship the keys via aramex separated from the car and ship a broken key with the car (which is also a difficult to do so) and you need as you mentioned to bribe someone aka an illegal deal with someone at the customs to allow you to take the car and be very cautious either you a need an excellent connection to do that or you have a lot of money to spend.

Last edited by TheStunMan (July 30 2015)

#5 July 30 2015

rtp

I think you need to be registered as a car company to be able to import cars... I don't think an individual can do that, not sure tho.

#6 July 30 2015

m.sabra

As far as i know as an individual you can import cars to Lebanon but there is a limit to the number of cars you can import, and you can't import any car older than 8 years (car age <=8 years), i made a program a while ago that calculates the exact price you need to pay for importing cars,i will fetch it and share it with you all, also i know someone who can help in this matter so i will ask him to provide further informations.

#7 July 30 2015

Sup3r

Thanks everyone for your input, @m.sabra, that would be amazing. It's not for trading purpose. Just one car!

#8 July 31 2015

Louis40

I brought my car from the US through a local used dealer.. Go and make an arrangement with them and they will ship your cars with theirs and they can even handle the customs for you..It is feasible..

#9 August 1 2015

m.sabra

here's the program, it's a simple one but am ready for any help http://d-h.st/R3gL

Last edited by m.sabra (August 1 2015)

Board footer