LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 15 2015

slabo

Anyone bought Android apps using their Lebanese credit card?

I'm having trouble buying apps using my card. I tried more than one card. All the info is entered correctly, card number, billing address, expiry date and cvc code. I check with my bank and they say a transaction has indeed occurred and then google reversed it. Meaning nothing wrong from my bank's side. I tried from more than one bank, all same story. Google rejects the payment method. All cards are VISA or MASTER CARD.

When I try to contact Google support, all i get is more links to troubleshooting help links. I understand google doesn't have a support call center in Lebanon, but how come I can't get to a customer service representative?

Ogppt7q.png?1

Android devs in lebanon ,what are your experiences with Google support? How did you get through?
People who bought Android apps, did you experience any difficulties?

Any help appreciated, Thanks

#2 July 15 2015

TheStunMan

Re: Anyone bought Android apps using their Lebanese credit card?

Weird, done it many times. Its working great... My bank is bob.

#3 July 15 2015

nosense

Also here done it many times in the Google play app and in game purchases,  works great,  bank audi

#4 July 15 2015

omarmasri

I paid with those rechargeable cards but don't remember what bank it was.

#5 July 15 2015

rolf

This sucks.

#6 July 15 2015

slabo

weird indeed.. So it is just me. OK. Could someone check this while logged into their account >> https://support.google.com/googleplay/a … c=3364672#

Try to get to google support somehow. I just want to know if Google doesn't offer any support to anyone from lebanon. Or for some reason it's just me.

#7 July 15 2015

slabo

OK, so I found how to get their support to contact me.. Something about my account being suspended. They're calling me back.

#8 July 15 2015

slabo

ooops.. they're asking for documentation showing my billing address. How do you guys get such a document? I'm dingging through my email to see if I have some document with my address on it. Brr.

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to go down to LibanPost and get a P.O. Box.

#9 July 15 2015

nosense

why not just do a new gmail account and add it to your device accounts

#10 July 15 2015

Prince

I have been buying apps from my Lebanese credit card am am currently in Africa

#11 July 16 2015

TheStunMan

which app are you trying to buy ? maybe you can buy it directly from the seller or thru amazon.

My solution buy a google play gift card and use it for your account, for example from best buy

#12 July 16 2015

chosen2k

I bought a lot of games using my Lebanese Card.

However one day i tried to buy one and I didn't have the right amount and that's when problems started, even after I refilled my card I couldn't make the purchase, the bank accepts the transaction and google keeps it pending. Editing the card details in google wallet didn't work.

The key to make it work again was to delete the card from google wallet and re-enter the card details.

Now you are facing another problem than the one described above but this is worth sharing just in case someone else faces the same problem.

#13 July 16 2015

slabo

TheStunMan wrote:

which app are you trying to buy ? maybe you can buy it directly from the seller or thru amazon.

My solution buy a google play gift card and use it for your account, for example from best buy

That's what I'm going to do. But it's a pain in the ass to have to get someone to receive it for me in the states and seend me the code everytime I run out .. Well, it is what it is..

Board footer