LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 November 19 2015

jsaade

Re: Feedback for Connect

Spoke too soon, seems Connect (and wisemax) just started throttling torrents. Getting a max of 10K/s on torrents any time of day while everything else fine.

#27 November 19 2015

Ruroken

Well guys, i have tried Pro Evolution and sadly its unplayable as despite the 170ms ping yet games like CSO and PES and FIFA will always lag while LoL and Dota are more tolerant.

As for jsaade, yes they started throttling torrents as its been two days since torrent has worked during the free traffic period. Called them yesterday and they said its an issue that they're fixing. Today, torrent is working normally so will check at night and post an update.

As for the packages, i'm surprised you guys think theyre overpriced, i see it differently. Don't compare their packages to the DSL ones, Connect is made for people who are unable to get a DSL service, like the people in Bshamoun, thus you should compare their packages with WINS and WISE. My package is 2mbit speed and 25Gb quota priced at $50, with Wins and Wise, for $50 i get 1mbit speed and 16Gb quota and an unstable internet. So for me, its cheaper and an upgrade at the same time.

#28 November 21 2015

Ruroken

No more torrent throttling, everything is back to normal as i download 4gb last night.

#29 November 22 2015

MAD

guys i have a contact inside the company and i will ask him if anything could be done regarding the ping, i will be meeting him on Friday 27/11 if anything you want to ask about post it here or pm me

#30 November 27 2015

DG

Guys, anyone with Connect can confirm this issue ? I was playing WoW and I got disconnected from the game.
I immediately checked my modem and the only light that was on was the red/first one. A few seconds later, the blue light next to it started blinking and then 4 yellow light turned back on.
So I am assuming the modem did not restart, it just lost connectivity to the main antenna and automatically initiated a new antenna search (blue light blinking).

**edit: I just checked previous posts in this thread and I noticed: "Mom" mentioned the same problem

"4- And the last but not the least, is that happy moment where all the signal lights disappear for 3-4 seconds and i'm in the middle of a team fight in dota or in CS:GO which i contacted the support too and they told me that they don't know"

The funny thing is, I also contacted support about this issue earlier this evening and their reply was "this is the first time we hear of this problem". So I am going to agree with "Mom's" 3rd point about their support being hilarious and clueless.

Last edited by DG (November 27 2015)

#31 November 27 2015

MAD

yeah their support sucks and when u contact them they make you feel that you are stupid
personally i switched to IDM although i can't get more than 1mb but they are cheaper and better, at least i got better ping

#32 December 1 2015

jsaade

it was working fine after torrents were back up until yesterday.
The connect router started suddenly going into a weird mode where it shows just a red light. Even the wireless was down. I had to turn it off for a minute then on for it to work. This kept happening every 30 minutes. Called their support, it seems like a hardware error which requires me to take the hardware to them and wait a couple of days.
The problem is that they have been having a lot of downtimes, so with these downtimes and the time they need to repair the device I feel that I have not used it a lot. I hope they give me a couple of free days or a replacement router at least.

#33 December 23 2015

jsaade

Very bad service, I do not recommend it to any body.
They keep trying to place new antennas and their routers are cheap chinese products (wifi cuts even in near distances).

I faced a hardware problem, they tried to fix it and after few days decided to replace my router.
This new router is even worst, it shows 5/5 signal and there is no internet at all, their support was speechless, their quality went from a 100% 5mbps all the time to the worst connection I have ever used.

I am switching back to my local cable provider at least I know it is not good and I won't be charged 115$ per month for a bad connection.

Last edited by jsaade (December 23 2015)

#34 December 23 2015

Elie335

jsaade wrote:

Very bad service, I do not recommend it to any body.
They keep trying to place new antennas and their routers are cheap chinese products (wifi cuts even in near distances).

I faced a hardware problem, they tried to fix it and after few days decided to replace my router.
This new router is even worst, it shows 5/5 signal and there is no internet at all, their support was speechless, their quality went from a 100% 5mbps all the time to the worst connection I have ever used.

I am switching back to my local cable provider at least I know it is not good and I won't be charged 115$ per month for a bad connection.

commenting about their support;

last time i had many packet loss - ping timeout, i called their support and theres that one guy answered, I told him about my issue, and his reply was " men 3and allah ". LOL, sad.

very reputable support - I guess their highest barely finished his school degree.

Last edited by Elie335 (December 23 2015)

#35 December 29 2015

jsaade

They are facing weird packet drops and timeouts.
But from my experience their support was good compared to the rest of ISPs. They did call me several times and tried to fix it as much as possible. I believe the issue is from their antennas as it seems the signals are colliding somehow.

#36 January 15 2016

Elie335

so finally after couple months trying and waiting to get better pings with them - there was no solution to my issue, even download speed got worse in the last month, I canceled my subscription.

would NOT recommend, support are clueless

2/10 download speed

0/10 ping + packet loss

what is funny they are overpriced also, if one doesn't have DSL availability in their current location - try WISE or MOBI or any wireless provider even your cable guy is better, at least its much cheaper

Elie

Last edited by Elie335 (January 15 2016)

#37 January 19 2016

Ruroken

i'm having the opposite experience of yours. I've tried both Wise and Mobi before and they were utterly bad. DSL isnt available where i live, so Connect for me was a breath of fresh air. Ping is acceptable (not perfect but good enough for mmos) and download speed has been quite stable (except for storm days).

#38 January 20 2016

xAzarian

Ruroken wrote:

i'm having the opposite experience of yours. I've tried both Wise and Mobi before and they were utterly bad. DSL isnt available where i live, so Connect for me was a breath of fresh air. Ping is acceptable (not perfect but good enough for mmos) and download speed has been quite stable (except for storm days).

Same situation as you , except I only play cs go - verdun - company of heroes - gta V
cs go -> good ping
verdun -> good but bad game servers for all players
company of heroes -> really rare to notice lag
gta v -> terrible because of p2p hosting.

#39 January 20 2016

MAD

what's your ping xAzarian ?

#40 January 21 2016

Elie335

xAzarian wrote:
Ruroken wrote:

Same situation as you , except I only play cs go - verdun - company of heroes - gta V
cs go -> good ping

lol so youre blaming 3 out of 4 games for their servers but not your internet provider?

let me tell you briefly my story with connect

I used to have the CPE machine that everyone got, my ping was extremely bad, yet im far like 4 KM of their main branch in nahr l mot. ( not like i live in faraya or something )

Ive called their sales and asked what could be the solution for a STABLE ping, they suggested to install a patch antenna so i get a " dedicated " internet + stable pings and better wireless signal, so i took the decision and went for it.

after couple of weeks I got my patch installed and  charged $650 for installation - hopping i got a solution for my issue.

IT worked fine for first month after installation then ping was never stable, I had tons of phone calls with support .... nothing changed since then

My guess their antennas are  bad + not enough bandwidth from orgero, their main router is always overloaded. yet its an awful bad internet, ping jitter is from 60 to 120 , packet loss is around 4%.

whoever wants screenshots and proofs all details can be given privately.

Last edited by Elie335 (January 21 2016)

#41 January 21 2016

jsaade

Elie335 wrote:
xAzarian wrote:
Ruroken wrote:

cs go -> good ping

lol so youre blaming 3 out of 4 games for their servers but not your internet provider?

I used to have the CPE machine that everyone got, my ping was extremely bad, yet im far like 4 KM of their main branch in nahr l mot. ( not like i live in faraya or something )

Ive called their sales and asked what could be the solution for a STABLE ping, they suggested to install a patch antenna so i get a " dedicated " internet + stable pings and better wireless signal, so i took the decision and went for it.

after couple of weeks I got my patch installed and  charged $650 for installation - hopping i got a solution for my issue.

IT worked fine for first month after installation then ping was never stable, I had tons of phone calls with support .... nothing changed since then

My guess their antennas are  bad + not enough bandwidth from orgero, their main router is always overloaded. yet its an awful bad internet, ping jitter is from 60 to 120 , packet loss is around 4%.

650$?

My experience was that their service started deteriorating so in 3 months, the only way to catch a signal was putting the router in some weird places in the house. At the end, they did a site survey and decided I should get the antenna, they told me it will cost 100$ (not 650$).

That was 3 weeks ago and no one followed up with me.

#42 January 21 2016

xAzarian

MAD wrote:

what's your ping xAzarian ?

120ish in cs go.
150ish in Verdun , google verdun servers and you'll see it's their problem.
GTA V so much lag , it's  P2P hosted yo can also google that.

I', not saying they're the best. Yes they are overpriced, yes they have noobs as support staff but hey it's still better than other WIRELESS providers. Indeed, once DSL becomes available , I would switch directly.

#43 January 21 2016

Elie335

jsaade wrote:
Elie335 wrote:
xAzarian wrote:

cs go -> good ping

650$?

My experience was that their service started deteriorating so in 3 months, the only way to catch a signal was putting the router in some weird places in the house. At the end, they did a site survey and decided I should get the antenna, they told me it will cost 100$ (not 650$).

That was 3 weeks ago and no one followed up with me.

Yup around 650, it was 555 + routerboard price

2cwpe02.jpg

and the flawless ping im getting ( usually its 60 to 120 ) notice the packet loss.

n5ho43.png

#44 January 21 2016

Hybrid

So based on all the request timed out, I guess we can safely state that it's not made for online games.

#45 January 21 2016

Elie335

Hybrid wrote:

So based on all the request timed out, I guess we can safely state that it's not made for online games.

'
I can actually flood the forums with tons of screenshots of how shitty their ping is.

PS: I wish i spent those $650 on a more reputable company, I thought because they are a new company they gotta have a good reputation as a start for their reputation system .but oh well. Live and learn.

Plus they have FUP, its ridiculous, you pay $115 for a 5MB connection ( while its much slower most of the time ) you get 50 GB limited and 90 GB free night traffic - which is 140 GB in total for a 5MB plan. technically you can download 140 GB in 3 days with a 5MB connection. makes sense right ?

Last edited by Elie335 (January 21 2016)

#46 February 16 2016

jsaade

I called them again and they confirmed it is between 100 and 150$ I am not sure how you were charged 650$

They also said they are waiting for the shipment to arrive.
Meanwhile I am paying for a 5mbit conenction and getting 0.2

#47 June 15 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Do you recommend Connect for Kornet Chehwan area?
I saw a used Connect Wifi router for sale, can I simply buy it and start using prepaid cards?
About unlimited night traffic download: do they really respect it and is download speed the same or it drops?

#48 July 9 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

So I bought a Connect modem but now I need a Wifi extension solution, I entered the Connect interface and there are no option to bridge it with another wifi router, so what did you used to amplify the wifi range? A repeater or a Wifi router with AP/client option?

#49 July 10 2016

jsaade

vegetaleb wrote:

I saw a used Connect Wifi router for sale, can I simply buy it and start using prepaid cards?
About unlimited night traffic download: do they really respect it and is download speed the same or it drops?

They respect it in terms of speed but it us not really unlimited they have a specific fup based on your package.
For 5mbps it was 90GB. For the 2mbps it was way less.
You can call support and.ask them.

For extension, I used a repeater.

Also is it working finr with you or are you experiencing sudden connection loss throughout the day?
I tried to use it in achrafiye for a while but the signal keeps going down randomly and i have to restart the router (this is my second router btw).

Anyways it is a highly unstable connection if you compare it to dsl but it is a bit better than your local cable internet provider.

#50 July 10 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

jsaade wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

They respect it in terms of speed but it us not really unlimited they have a specific fup based on your package.
For 5mbps it was 90GB. For the 2mbps it was way less.
You can call support and.ask them.

For extension, I used a repeater.

Also is it working finr with you or are you experiencing sudden connection loss throughout the day?
I tried to use it in achrafiye for a while but the signal keeps going down randomly and i have to restart the router (this is my second router btw).

Anyways it is a highly unstable connection if you compare it to dsl but it is a bit better than your local cable internet provider.

So they are advertising fake things?
Unlimited traffic download should mean no limits whatsoever, we can sue them for false advertising, one time there was a bug in the cyberia adsl system and they counted  all my unlimited downloads + normal downloads and it reached 80gb if not more, though it was 4mb/s adsl connection so I can double the volume of downloads for the same given time, add to that adsl unlimited downloads begin at 11pm instead of 12, but still I would hate to see my connection stopped because they didn't respect the ''unlimited'' factor they advertised.
I tried it in Kornet Chehwan for 10mins (just to find the right spot), still not sleeping there, it has a good coverage as I can reach 4 to 5 leds on all the windows, I didn't notice any drop but it was only for 10mins, though the Wifi range of the modem is weird, it can cover a good part of the house but not the other, I mean when I used it from a bedroom it was awfully 1 or 1/2 bar in other bedrooms, but the salons which are on the other side of the house were having 2 bars, I will definitely get a wifi router or a repeater as the bedrooms have some interference.

Edit: called Sodetel and asked about if the unlimited night traffic was really unlimited and the tech guy said yes, I asked him if he was sure and if there was no cap and he said no it''s 100% unlimited, could the connect sodetel network differ from connect?

Last edited by vegetaleb (July 10 2016)

Board footer