LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 10 2015

Ruroken

Feedback for Connect

Hey everyone,

As the topic suggests, i would like to get some feedback from users who have tried the service and internet from Connect. I live in Bshamoun and the DSL is not an option, hence i am currently using Wins from Sodetel yet i'm inclined to try something new especially since its impossible to have a steady low latency (for online games).

Your feedback is much appreciated :)

Last edited by Ruroken (June 10 2015)

#2 June 16 2015

MAD

Re: Feedback for Connect

i tested(the 2 Mb connection) in my village where the maximum that Ogero can give is 1Mb speed. it was 2Mb/s and an average ping of 100

if anyone is else using it? a feedback is appreciated since i'm thinking of switching to them .

thanks

#3 June 17 2015

BetterGoogleIt

Hey MAD can you tell me more about their ping in gameplay? I mean sometimes the ping is 100 but you can feel that there are some kind of lag specially if it's not DSL.
On the other side, isn't the ping better over 3G?

#4 June 17 2015

Ruroken

Thanks for the feedback MAD. I also have a tiny question, which village are you from? and similar to BetterGoogleIt's question, i'd like to know if you tested your connection by playing specific online games and how did it hold up? I am curious since i've been craving to play LoL and HOTS.

#5 June 17 2015

BetterGoogleIt

Ruroken I play LoL too and I can tell that it doesn't spend a lot of MBs, my situation is similar to yours but I think I will go for 3G hotspot from my cellphone since in my village there aren't any coverage from any ISP but the alfa's signal is really good.

#6 June 17 2015

Ruroken

I've been considering 3G hotspot for a while now, but Connect is kinda my last resort, if the feedback is negative then 3G is my only choice. I need to check which has a better coverage in my area, Alfa or MTC.

#7 June 17 2015

MAD

Ruroken wrote:

Thanks for the feedback MAD. I also have a tiny question, which village are you from? and similar to BetterGoogleIt's question, i'd like to know if you tested your connection by playing specific online games and how did it hold up? I am curious since i've been craving to play LoL and HOTS.

My village is Mtein, next to Bikfaya

#8 June 17 2015

MAD

And for the testing : people from the connect company are trying to sell their product in my area so i only downloaded a 1gb file, that's the only test i did, but i 'll have an account for testing soon (since they asked me to be a provider in the region)  and i'll test online games (Dotta 2, CS go )  and i'll update you with more details.

#9 June 17 2015

Ruroken

Thanks MAD, your contribution is much appreciated :)

#10 June 17 2015

MAD

ok guys i did 3 types of testing

the first one is by speedtests.net below is the result

SpeedTest.png

the second test was while playing dota 2, (check the ping at the top right corner of the image)

2015-06-17_00001.jpg

2015-06-17_00007.jpg

2015-06-17_00008.jpg

the third result was while downloading CS GO

DL_Speed.png

as a conclusion

the ping is not stable (varies from 145 to 180 ms in game)and not as low as i expected however i played 2 dota2 games without any lags

as for downloading the speed is around 2 Mbps and stable

Last edited by MAD (June 18 2015)

#11 June 18 2015

Ruroken

Thanks a lot MAD. Great feedback. I think having a ping of 145 - 180 ms is good enough for me as long as there is no lag in game. After this test you posted, i think i'm gonna give Connect a try beginning of next month so i will also post my feedback once i do.

#12 June 18 2015

Ruroken

@MAD, i have one last question, since i've been using Wise and Wins i do already own a WISE black box, in this case, do i need to buy the Wireless Broadband/WiFi Modem from Connect or i can simply use my Box and just buy their recharge cards?

#13 June 18 2015

Kazouza

@MAD, were you on the western or eastern european server. From what I've noticed sometimes when I'm playing on the western server my ping can vary from 120-150 and same goes to eastern goes from 80-120. I think even with those main servers there might be mini servers that you connect to and depending on their positions your ping might change.

#14 June 18 2015

MAD

@Ruroken no, you have to buy their specific router, but the good thing is that if you take the 25GB offer for 3 months you get the router for free, for more info pm me

@Kazouza  i have no idea

Last edited by MAD (June 18 2015)

#15 October 17 2015

FakeDsl

@Ruroken, did you finally go with connect? If yes, can you please provide us with a feedback?

#16 October 17 2015

MAD

well a new funny thing came up with connect, you cannot connect to the router that they provide with a mac (new os ) since as the support team told me, the os is blocking the CPE(WIFI) and it won't be fixed because it is a mac issue not a router issue , so they gave me 2 solutions:
1. connect the mac via cable.
2. take the router and visit the company, you pay for a repeater that they provide and they configure it for you.
interesting...

Last edited by MAD (October 17 2015)

#17 October 17 2015

FakeDsl

Hehehe.. don't forget, we are after all living in lebanon. Everything is meant to be of the worst standard (including after sales services). Do you use "connect " to play online on a platform other than a mac? Say consoles for example (ps4...).

#18 October 19 2015

Ruroken

FakeDsl wrote:

@Ruroken, did you finally go with connect? If yes, can you please provide us with a feedback?

Well, i am going to try it out at the end of this month, they have a policy where if they're not sure whether their signal can reach your place or not, then in this case you get their router and try it out for 2 days and if it doesnt work out the you return it and get your money back.

Anyways, i'm gonna try it end of this month and write my feedback here.

#19 October 20 2015

FakeDsl

Much appreciated

#20 October 30 2015

ranibalaa

Hey guys , does anyone have any feedback about connect related to speed/stability?

#21 October 30 2015

MAD

@FakeDsl
i used to play dotta 2 average ping 140
@ranibalaa download speed between 200kbps and 240kbps (Im subscribed to the 2mb plan)

#22 October 31 2015

Ruroken

As promised, i installed Connect yesterday at my residence. It took us a while to find the spot where i can get up to 3 lights (out of 5) which is considered to be decent. I am now subscribed to the 2mb plan with 25gb quota. My first impression since yesterday is very positive. The connection is very stable, the ping to google varies between 80 to 160 with no spikes whatsoever. The download speed reached 240kbps as mentioned above.

Now to the important part. I updated my League of Legends and this morning i played a quick custom game just to check the latency. Throughout the duration of the game (10 minutes or so) the latency was stable at 170 with no spikes. Moba games require decent internet and latency and so far Connect is providing that, so i am fully satisfied.

I will continue to update this post throughout this month and i am going to play LoL, HOTS and even try Pro Evolution and check how playable they are.

#23 November 15 2015

Mom

Hello Guys,

I started using connect since 5 month , and i will tell some pros and cons of this connection.
P.S: Maybe i am the only one experiencing these problems.

Cons:
1- Very Very bad latency !! For all people out there thinking that 170 ping is good well it's not guys! Or maybe it is for dota and lol. However it is really bad when it comes to FPS Games Like CS:GO, where you are always  affected to the rubber band rule ( I think that's what they call it , so i will tell what it is. Basically it's when running and you reach somewhere and then the server decides that you did not move because of your bad connection), and sometimes ping hops to 400 and stays there for a whole week!!!
2- Packages are so overpriced. You get 10 GB/Month and you pay 33$ that's way too overpriced.
3- Their support is the most hilarious support that could ever exist. I called them once and i told them about my ping the support told me that he don't know what it's going on! He could tell me i will try to refresh the connection or something like that " and i know he cannot refresh my connection or do anything about it it's just what some lebanese companies say just to let you feel that they are working, but he should not tell me I don't know , Come on you're the costumer support!!
4- And the last but not the least, is that happy moment where all the signal lights disappear for 3-4 seconds and i'm in the middle of a team fight in dota or in CS:GO which i contacted the support too and they told me that they don't know

Pros:
1- Does not need a home phone line.
2- Stable download Speed.
3- No FUPs during unlimited night traffic

So that's it!!

#24 November 16 2015

jsaade

Pros:
Good in places that DSL does not cover.
Speed is always constant no matter what time of day

Cons:
Overpriced. 5mbps is 115$
FUPs: There is FUPs, it also depends on your package but only applicable at night traffic. Their support told me the FUP limit for the 5mbps is 100GB.

From my point of view, if they do not revise their prices, they will lose market asap as DSL is available in regions.

#25 November 17 2015

FakeDsl

@Ruroken, did you get to try Pro Evolution yet?
I don't play online much, just some fifa from time to time but it's good to know that download speed is stable. Some games on the PS4 need updates by the size of 15 Gigs.

Board footer