LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 September 4 2015

bermudapineapple

Re: Windows 10

Techlover wrote:

Now , after some windows updates what do you think about windows 10??
should i upgrade ??

I don't think you should. I'm going to use 7 until its support runs out. "If something ain't broke, don't fix it."

#127 September 4 2015

Techlover

tt400 wrote:
Techlover wrote:

Now , after some windows updates what do you think about windows 10??
should i upgrade ??

I don't think you should. I'm going to use 7 until its support runs out. "If something ain't broke, don't fix it."

yes. But won't you try it? It seems it's better plus the upgrade is free. Personally i'd like to get the maximum of my pc. But i don't know if most of the bugs were fixed in after nearly a month only of the upgrade. That's why i'm asking about others experience.

#128 September 4 2015

Doom

Well,I like windows 10 so far,I don't know if it is still safe tho.

#129 September 5 2015

Stygmata
Banned

My disk reaches 100% most of the time even without any processing .. Some usb 2.0 dont work..cam doesnt work even though i updated all drivers

#130 September 6 2015

NAM

@Stygmata is your win10 a clean install or an upgrade? legit or cracked?

#131 September 6 2015

Stygmata
Banned

Upgrade from a legit 8.1

#132 September 6 2015

NAM

try a clean install .. most people are having incompatibility problem with upgrades .. this could be resolved with updates but we cant possibly know when those updates are gonna arrive.

#133 September 10 2015

mickzster

Windows 10 is definitely worth the upgrade.

It is not necessary to download the update via Windows Update because you'll have to reserve an upgrade. Instead you can download the .iso image directly from Microsoft's website and install Windows 10 via a bootable USB or run the setup immediately from Windows 7 to upgrade.

Sooner or later, Microsoft will stop the support for Windows 7, so you'll need to upgrade to 8, 8.1 or 10. I personally recommend Windows 10 since the traditional start menu that pops up is back (you can change this in Settings, make it just like Windows 8 full screen), additionally,  Windows 10 is as fast as Windows 7, if not faster. There are numerous reasons why you should upgrade, but hey, that's my opinion. So it's up to you.

Good luck,
-Michael.

#134 September 10 2015

rtp

mickzster wrote:

It is not necessary to download the update via Windows Update because you'll have to reserve an upgrade. Instead you can download the .iso image directly from Microsoft's website and install Windows 10 via a bootable USB or run the setup immediately from Windows 7 to upgrade.

I don't recommend installing the .iso because I did that and I couldn't use my key. Had to crack it, sadly...

#135 September 10 2015

random-username

rtp wrote:
mickzster wrote:

I don't recommend installing the .iso because I did that and I couldn't use my key. Had to crack it, sadly...

I upgraded from a cracked windows 8.1 to windows 10. Then extracted the legit key from windows 10 and did a clean reinstall of windows from an iso downloaded from Microsoft.

You could try this if you want to avoid the KMSpico route and other activators.

#136 September 10 2015

bermudapineapple

mickzster wrote:

Sooner or later, Microsoft will stop the support for Windows 7, so you'll need to upgrade to 8, 8.1 or 10.

On 14, January 2020, to be exact.

I have time.

#137 September 10 2015

mickzster

tt400 wrote:
mickzster wrote:

Sooner or later, Microsoft will stop the support for Windows 7, so you'll need to upgrade to 8, 8.1 or 10.

I have time.

Both operating systems are among the most successful Windows OS'. However, you'd be missing out some great features that Windows 10 offers, such as ease of access, Cortana, Modern apps, etc.

It's just a matter of preference really..

Keep us updated anyway about whether you chose to keep Win7 or installed Win10.

Cheers,
-Michael.

#138 September 11 2015

bermudapineapple

mickzster wrote:
tt400 wrote:
mickzster wrote:

I have time.

Both operating systems are among the most successful Windows OS'. However, you'd be missing out some great features that Windows 10 offers, such as ease of access, Cortana, Modern apps, etc.

It's just a matter of preference really..

Keep us updated anyway about whether you chose to keep Win7 or installed Win10.

Cheers,
-Michael.

Yeah, I know. It's why I'm tempted to upgrade and why the decision to stay with 7 is a hard one, but I'm in no rush for now. I'll post here if I bite the bullet.

#139 November 10 2015

bermudapineapple

I tried it today on one of the computers at AUB and I was really impressed with how snappy and efficient the entire system felt. I'm thinking of upgrading soon.

#140 November 10 2015

A.L

My experience is, if you upgrade from a previous version you might face some problems( lagging or not responsive programs) i think that is due to non compatible drivers or software, i faced a problem with the upgrade that forced me to go back to windows 7, and even then it wasn't solved. but i formatted my laptop then clean installed windows 10 everything is smooth and pretty much similar to windows 7.
so my suggestion if you have the time manually install it and don't use the automatic installer.

#141 November 10 2015

bermudapineapple

A.L wrote:

My experience is, if you upgrade from a previous version you might face some problems( lagging or not responsive programs) i think that is due to non compatible drivers or software, i faced a problem with the upgrade that forced me to go back to windows 7, and even then it wasn't solved. but i formatted my laptop then clean installed windows 10 everything is smooth and pretty much similar to windows 7.
so my suggestion if you have the time manually install it and don't use the automatic installer.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I was always going to do a clean install. I have too much OCD to just do a simple upgrade.

I just have a quick question: did you install your drivers manually after you finished the setup or did you just let Windows automatically find and install your drivers?

Last edited by bermudapineapple (November 10 2015)

#142 November 10 2015

A.L

When I upgraded I had to update each driver on its own until I had a corrupted driver that ruined everything, but when you clean install all drivers will be up to date or will be updated automatically without errors ( that's my case at least)

#143 November 10 2015

Georges00

Check TweakBit driver updater and Driver Booster

#144 November 10 2015

bermudapineapple

Thank you.

Board footer