LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 August 6 2015

Die_Kapitan

Re: Windows 10

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

nope, microsoft edge doesn't have extensions or add-ons for the meantime but microsoft said that there will be soon.

>Implying most people are using MS Edge
Firefox and Chrome are still better in every way than any browser MS ever did.

#102 August 6 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

i'm sorry but I see ie11 is way better than both of them...

#103 August 7 2015

random-username

Sorry to jump in like this, but can anyone provide me with a link to extract the windows 10 product key. I upgraded from a torrented 8.1, but am planning on doing a clean install after I extract the windows 10 key.

Thanks in advance!

#104 August 7 2015

nas93

random-username wrote:

Sorry to jump in like this, but can anyone provide me with a link to extract the windows 10 product key. I upgraded from a torrented 8.1, but am planning on doing a clean install after I extract the windows 10 key.

Thanks in advance!

I tried using the same key on my father's laptop that was written on the underside (he wanted to upgrade) it didn't work, the laptop was a Toshiba non oem so I'm not sure WIN7/8 keys work with WIN 10.

#105 August 7 2015

MrClass

Posting Again

#106 August 10 2015

Flakk

Die_Kapitan wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

nope, microsoft edge doesn't have extensions or add-ons for the meantime but microsoft said that there will be soon.

>Implying most people are using MS Edge
Firefox and Chrome are still better in every way than any browser MS ever did.

I stopped using chrome a long time ago, its such a memory hog. Im using both firefox and MS edge and to be honest edge is surprisingly good.

#107 August 10 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

why don't you use ie11 you can put idm and adblockplus extensions on it

#108 August 10 2015

Tech Guru

Dear All ,

If you are not using Windows Defender by Default - What kind of anti-viruses /melware removal tools / internet security tools are you using/recommended to use with Windows 10. My Kaspersky anti-virus (paid license) seem to be till now not compatible with windows 10 and no near solution is hovering in the horizon from Kaspersky and frankly I need a more round-around protection compared to the default windows defender.

#109 August 10 2015

mmk92

I did an update from Windows 8.1 to 10 while keeping all my apps and data, it seems flawless for me, felt just as like i have done a clean install.

#110 August 10 2015

MrClass

Tech Guru wrote:

Dear All ,

If you are not using Windows Defender by Default - What kind of anti-viruses /melware removal tools / internet security tools are you using/recommended to use with Windows 10. My Kaspersky anti-virus (paid license) seem to be till now not compatible with windows 10 and no near solution is hovering in the horizon from Kaspersky and frankly I need a more round-around protection compared to the default windows defender.

I am currently using Avast and it is compatible

#111 August 10 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

yeah avast is good I recommend it

#112 August 17 2015

H.S

After a failed attempt to upgrade from a genuine windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10 Pro using Microsoft media creation tool, I had this message after it reverts back to the previous version of windows. [The Installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation]. I successfully upgraded my first laptop without any issues using windows update, however I am having issues with my second one, this usually happens when using MMCT. There are issues and fixes to the problem that I still have to try. other fixes.

The problem is after it reverts back to the previous version of windows, it renders windows 7 Ultimate as a non-genuine copy, and requires a product key activation. I used a tool to extract the key to re-activate it, but it says [This product key you typed has been blocked from use by Microsoft].

#113 August 17 2015

A.L

Guys anyone heard that windows 10 will detect and disable pirated games?

#114 August 17 2015

Doom

A.L wrote:

Guys anyone heard that windows 10 will detect and disable pirated games?

All my games are cracked(sadly)but they all work(like gtav).

#115 August 17 2015

A.L

check this out:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/window … 0-6429805/
if that's true i think it is an enough reason to go back to windows 7

#116 August 17 2015

rtp

Can I run visual studio 2015 on windows 7. Am mainly interested in running Cordova (ripple emulator) and deploy to android directly.

#117 August 17 2015

bermudapineapple

A.L wrote:

check this out:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/window … 0-6429805/
if that's true i think it is an enough reason to go back to windows 7

Don't you know about the privacy concerns with Windows 10? Forget about pirated games, the operating system is one giant snoopware. I was holding off on upgrading for a few months till they ironed out the bugs. Now I'm not sure I'll ever upgrade.

#118 August 17 2015

NAM

windows 10 is a in simple words a spyware indeed even when you turn down all the options there are in core ones that you cant switch off most concerning location and authenticity of software .. but that aside all my games are still running smoothly with my pirated now-to-be original upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 pro windows. there are may videos on youtube you can check to see how to switch off the snoopiness of win 10 and the features that can't be turned off .. watch it and then decide whether you are willing to upgrade or not.

#119 August 18 2015

A.L

i'm really considering going back to windows 7 but in case i needed to reupgrade to windows 10 in the future is there a way i can download the update as an iso file for example ?

#120 August 18 2015

NAM

UPDATE: some sources are suggesting that due to the fact that the agreement (the hacked games agreement) was not in the "windows operating system agreement" but in an  "updated services agreement" so it is most likely directed towards cortana and xbox live and other windows games .. meaning if you go online on a microsoft pirated games you will be caught and win10 will delete your data and most likely ban you without a warning. any way i don't see anyone stupid enough to do that on a pc .. good luck for the peasants

Last edited by NAM (August 18 2015)

#121 August 18 2015

Tech Guru

Windows 10 is Great , despite the many critics here and there.  Android , Google etc... have "snoopiness /spyware" characteristics also. Tried yesterday Ashes of the Singularity which is the 1st real Direct X 12 engine what a leap in performance , Direct X 12 spread the load on different CPUs , Welcome to the Era of HT and More Physical Cores will increase games performance. FX users will have a smile now.

#122 August 18 2015

haidcar

you are ganna have to wait a bit more than that for real DX12 games to hit the market, i suspect they will start rolling holiday season 2016.
creating new game engines takes a bit of time.

On a side note vulkan seems more interesting than DX12, and will run on older OSs big companaies stand behind  vulkan most notably Valve

#123 August 18 2015

Die_Kapitan

Tech Guru wrote:

Windows 10 is Great , despite the many critics here and there.  Android , Google etc... have "snoopiness /spyware" characteristics also. Tried yesterday Ashes of the Singularity which is the 1st real Direct X 12 engine what a leap in performance , Direct X 12 spread the load on different CPUs , Welcome to the Era of HT and More Physical Cores will increase games performance. FX users will have a smile now.

I've seen the benchmarks, AMD GPUs have seen a huge jump in performance compared to Nvidia, mostly because DX12 takes a lot from Mantle. AMD have helped both MS and Khronos to develop their APIs, so I think that AMD cards will have better performance in DX12 and Vulkan compared to Nvidia. On another note, Ashes of the Singularity is still in early alpha and Stardock and Oxide have been working very close with AMD to make the game so with more optimization, Nvidia may get closer to AMD in terms of performance. There's also that the R9 390X will match the GTX 980 if not beat instead of trailing it by 4-5FPS and the purchase of a Fury X being justified.

#124 August 20 2015

hassansaleh31

yesterday i downloaded and installed windows 10 on my cousin's laptop everything went smooth. it looks great and performance is amazing.
downloading now on my pc

#125 September 4 2015

Techlover

Now , after some windows updates what do you think about windows 10?
should i upgrade ?

Last edited by Techlover (September 4 2015)

Board footer