LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 July 31 2015

Ramnesia

Re: Windows 10

MrClass wrote:

Was able to extract my Windows 10 key. It is different than my Windows 8.1 key

Please share how you did it.

#77 July 31 2015

MrClass

#78 July 31 2015

bermudapineapple

Die_Kapitan wrote:
tt400 wrote:
Kazouza wrote:

So I take it you got a genuine copy even though your 8.1 was cracked? Or is it still considered cracked?

Yes, all copies of Windows 7 and 8 (whether pirated or not) are upgradeable to a genuine copy of Windows 10.

No, just no. Pirated stays pirated and doesn't get security updates.

Yes, just yes.

#79 August 1 2015

random-username

Just upgraded from a torrented version of windows 8.1 to windows 10 using the check for updates function. Easiest update yet!

#80 August 3 2015

random-username

So guys, windows 10 had been really slow the last day or so. It was fine the day before  that. Should I perform a factory reset or wait for a cracked version and do a clean install?

Since I updated my GPU drivers, my gaming performance improved significantly, but browsing the web has become a pain in the ass.

Last edited by random-username (August 3 2015)

#81 August 3 2015

Satfoun
Banned

Well i have a 980, would its performance improve regardless its amazig powers? Haha
Just so i know if i install it now or wait when it has more updates

#82 August 3 2015

NAM

random-username wrote:

So guys, windows 10 had been really slow the last day or so. It was fine the day before  that. Should I perform a factory reset or wait for a cracked version and do a clean install?

Since I updated my GPU drivers, my gaming performance improved significantly, but browsing the web has become a pain in the ass.

Some people who upgraded rather than cleanly installed windows 10 had some issues, extract the serial number and download windows into a bootable USB or DVD and clean install it

#83 August 3 2015

Prince

I got many problems specially with start menu and Corina and then suddenly a dead blue screen ( they added sad face to it )
after that i tired to revert my windows 10 to windows 7 using the recover they gave me for 1 month  again but it began the process and re-logs again to windows 10 as if  nothing  happened then i head to reset option and here the "drama" began i choose the reset button and   lost all my files using to clean install due misunderstanding  in the following  "only windows drivers" and "all drivers " i just pressed all drivers thinking its talking its talking about windows drivers like VGA sound etc... so after i hit the start button  and after 15 minutes i felt i did something wrong so I re Google it again to be more sure and sadly  it meant with all drivers as all partitions so all my files everything gone now am starting from zero and i learned my lesson am heading back to windows 7 and i wont change till the end of there life cycle.

#84 August 3 2015

nas93

Two words for you guys, dual-boot.

#85 August 4 2015

random-username

NAM wrote:
random-username wrote:

Some people who upgraded rather than cleanly installed windows 10 had some issues, extract the serial number and download windows into a bootable USB or DVD and clean install it

The only thing that's holding me back is my GTA V files through steam. They are 65 GB. How do I back them up to my external HDD?

#86 August 4 2015

Ramnesia

The only thing that's holding me back is my GTA V files through steam. They are 65 GB. How do I back them up to my external HDD?

Use the steam backup feature. What is more important is GTA V story saves because that doesn't get synced in rockstar cloud as online progress do so be careful and use a program like Gamesave Manager.

#87 August 4 2015

Satfoun
Banned

ohh no, i have to clean install windows 10?
But i have lots of softwares and games installed
The gamesave manager never backuped all the games saves properly
I read that windows 10 takes less size than the older windows

#88 August 4 2015

Tech Guru

Well Yesterday I have Upgraded my Genuine Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit using MS MediaCreationToolx64 - I saved the .ISO file on my drive and the upgrade went smooth , than I entered the update and I updated every thing from MS.

To Create a Boot-able USB/DVD download Windows7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool-Installer-en-US and use the .ISO image to either burn to a DVD or create a boot-able USB (I prefer USB which are faster if you want to re-install), then download ProducKey  to determine your windows 10 Key which is not mentioned on "View Basic Information in the System" only the Product - ID is mentioned. As Such you will have a copy for a Boot-able copy Windows 10 on USB/DVD and its associated activation key by MS , therefore in case something happened and you need a format you are done. 

Note:A  pirated Windows 7/8 will upgrade to Windows 10 but at later stages the "in-genuine" logo will pop out / updates will start to fail so my advice is to disable automatic windows update if your have a cracked version , plus you will not be able to do a fresh install after a format when a key is required (most probably will be failed) since the pirated product key is on your BOIS  will miss match with windows 10 product key associated from MS servers.  “Although non-Genuine PCs might be able to upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade will not change the genuine state of the license. This applies across geographies. Customers that are improperly licensed before the upgrade will be improperly licensed after the upgrade. We will provide a mechanism for non-genuine Windows 10 PC devices to “get genuine” via the new Windows Store, whether they are upgraded versions of Windows or purchased. We will have details on this as we get closer to launch.” 

Initial Thoughts about Windows 10:

*Start up  Speed / Restarts are as fast as Windows 8.1 - sure if you installed the OS on SSD
*The Start Menu is very welcomed and makes thinks easier
*The Final Release is well optimized with no problems in the drivers compatibility 
*You Can Backup on scheduled backup automatically if you have another HDD installed (not the same as OS installed on an SSD for example)
*You can revert back to windows 8.1 within month but I do not find worthy anymore.
*Microsoft Edge needs more optimization I rather stick with Google Chrome
*Windows Defender is More Optimized and Up To Date
*If you run into issues or just want to do some spring cleaning. Windows 10 includes a Reset option that allows you either remove everything and start afresh or to actually keep your files while removing programs and settings.
*Gaming Experience On Par with 8.1 Pro , even I am encountering more  FPS in GTA 5 & Witcher 3 like + 4-5FPS ; very well optimized NVidia 353.62 Driver for Windows 10. Still waiting for some Direct X 12 Titles / Patches to see what Windows 10, which has an exclusive access for Direct 12, will be capable of in terms of performance increase / graphic fidelity (Note: Futuremark has updated its 3DMark tool with an API overhead measurement tool that floods the system with draw calls which gives Direct X 12  advantage over Direct X 11) with DirectX 11's single threaded performance at 1.4 Million Draw calls per second, the multithreaded performance at 2.1 Million and DirectX 12's multithreaded performance at 13.1 Million per second.bear in mind that this is just a simple test showcasing the efficiency of the new API. It does not exactly reflect the real-world performance that DirectX 12 would have in-game. This test shows us how the new API harnesses the power within multi-core CPUs in a more efficient manner, letting it communicate with the GPU even faster. Addition feature for the Direct X 12 will be GPU Multiadapter. Since Microsoft has developed the new API to be low level, it allows a "deeper" access to the hardware that can unlock the unused power of graphics processing units inside your system. This processing is brand-agnostic and can combine the power of an integrated GPU as well as external cards.

I have one problem: When I recently updated to Windows 10,  my Kaspersky Anti Virus  says that "Protection is Disabled." Also, when I click on the application it says "Computer reboot is required. In safe mode, the functionality of Kaspersky Anti Virus is limited. Some of the protection components are disabled." I have rebooted my computer 3 times already and nothing has changed. Anybody is using Kaspersky and encountered that and trying to solve it or actually solve it (I read  many have been encountering that issue with Kaspersky products on Windows 10), is sticking with Windows Defender meanwhile Until a solution comes out , is good to protect the system from Mel-wares /Viruses / Torjans etc..

In Conclusion , I recommend  upgrading to Windows 10 which is worth an Upgrade.

Last edited by Tech Guru (August 4 2015)

#89 August 4 2015

NAM

Tech Guru wrote:

I have one problem: When I recently updated to Windows 10,  my Kaspersky Anti Virus  says that "Protection is Disabled." Also, when I click on the application it says "Computer reboot is required. In safe mode, the functionality of Kaspersky Anti Virus is limited. Some of the protection components are disabled." I have rebooted my computer 3 times already and nothing has changed. Anybody is using Kaspersky and encountered that and trying to solve it or actually solve it (I read  many have been encountering that issue with Kaspersky products on Windows 10), is sticking with Windows Defender meanwhile Until a solution comes out , is good to protect the system from Mel-wares /Viruses / Torjans etc..

I had the same problem with my bitdefender .. it seems that Microsoft disabled the ability to use third party antiviruses for now (read that somewhere) .. though rare antiviruses work fine alongside windows defender.

#90 August 4 2015

Satfoun
Banned

so shall i do a clean install or upgrade from win8.1 update1?
i have lots of pirated softwares and games

#91 August 5 2015

bermudapineapple

Satfoun wrote:

so shall i do a clean install or upgrade from win8.1 update1?
i have lots of pirated softwares and games

I would be too worried/paranoid to upgrade. Clean install all the way.

#92 August 5 2015

Tech Guru

@Satfoun @tt400

Same situation on my previous OS -  lots of pirated softwares and games ; and I upgraded without a Clean Install - Nothing is intact ; sharp and fluid

#93 August 5 2015

Tech Guru

@NAM

Is Windows Defender good , and what do you think will be solution then. I am afraid to change from Kaspersky for another anti-virus and face the same dilemma/problem.

Last edited by Tech Guru (August 5 2015)

#94 August 5 2015

Die_Kapitan

Tech Guru wrote:

@NAM

Is Windows Defender good , and what do you think will be solution then. I am afraid to change from Kaspersky for another anti-virus and face the same dilemma/problem.

Windows Defender is pretty much all you need to keep your PC secure. I also recommend you to install Malwarebytes.

#95 August 5 2015

Satfoun
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

@Satfoun @tt400

Same situation on my previous OS -  lots of pirated softwares and games ; and I upgraded without a Clean Install - Nothing is intact ; sharp and fluid

Soooo i try the upgrade?! If i faced problems id just.......do a clean install then?!

#96 August 5 2015

bermudapineapple

Tech Guru wrote:

@NAM

If you are a geek, you won't need more than Windows Defender. 95 percent of keeping your PC malware-free is through prevention (i.e. using your knowledge as a geek).

#97 August 5 2015

Die_Kapitan

Satfoun wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

@Satfoun @tt400

Soooo i try the upgrade?! If i faced problems id just.......do a clean install then?!

A clean install is always better.

#98 August 6 2015

NAM

I think with some management it is easy to rely on windows defender .. but i kind of needed a third party for USBs (malware protection) and for internet security (pop ups and torrents mostly) .. i think Die_Kapitan had a point with Malwarebytes and i like to add adblock (i don't know if this is applicable to edge)

#99 August 6 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

nope, microsoft edge doesn't have extensions or add-ons for the meantime but microsoft said that there will be soon.

#100 August 6 2015

Die_Kapitan

NAM wrote:

I think with some management it is easy to rely on windows defender .. but i kind of needed a third party for USBs (malware protection) and for internet security (pop ups and torrents mostly) .. i think Die_Kapitan had a point with Malwarebytes and i like to add adblock (i don't know if this is applicable to edge)

I prefer uBlock, it doesn't use as much resources as AdBlock.

Board footer