LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 July 30 2015

Prince

Re: Windows 10

Updated successfully from windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro

#52 July 30 2015

hassansaleh31

I have a cracked version of Windows 8.1 pro and I need to activate it. Should I just buy a product key and replace the one I have with it or is there something else to do. And I haven't reserved a windows 10 copy on my PC can I still get it for free?

#53 July 30 2015

bogdan22

hassansaleh31 wrote:

I have a cracked version of Windows 8.1 pro and I need to activate it. Should I just buy a product key and replace the one I have with it or is there something else to do. And I haven't reserved a windows 10 copy on my PC can I still get it for free?

Yes buy a legit copy on g2a for less than 30$. I did that and now have a legit copy.

#54 July 30 2015

Tech Guru

Is the .IOS downloaded via MediaCreationToolx64 , allows only a fresh windows 10 installation or can I update my current Windows through it (Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit). I already confirmed a month ago for the update, but still the update notification did not roll over.

Last edited by Tech Guru (July 30 2015)

#55 July 30 2015

hassansaleh31

http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Here you can find all the information about the install ptocess

#56 July 30 2015

nosense

Tech Guru wrote:

Is the .IOS downloaded via MediaCreationToolx64 , allows only a fresh windows 10 installation or can I update my current Windows through it (Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit). I already confirmed a month ago for the update, but still the update notification did not roll over.

already answered you, I upgraded through the iso from the media Creation Tool

#57 July 30 2015

hassansaleh31

Can I still get a free copy (I didn't reserve one)?

#58 July 30 2015

Doom

Guys,I have installed the 2 optional updates for windows 10,but still haven't received a notification.Should i wait?or download this tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar … /windows10 ?Is there a difference in download size?I have windows 8.1.

Last edited by Doom (July 30 2015)

#59 July 30 2015

Kazouza

hassansaleh31 wrote:

Can I still get a free copy (I didn't reserve one)?

Yes you can from the website

#60 July 31 2015

nosense

Doom wrote:

Guys,I have installed the 2 optional updates for windows 10,but still haven't received a notification.Should i wait?or download this tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar … /windows10 ?Is there a difference in download size?I have windows 8.1.

use the tool,  it's the same

#61 July 31 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

guys how much time an upgrade(not install) will take on a normal hdd 7200rpm?

#62 July 31 2015

NAM

i don't know how much time the download took .. but on an SSD it took 20mins to upgrade from windows 8.1 pro (pirated) to windows 10 pro (genuine)

#63 July 31 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

It's been an hour now :s and it's on 80%(configuring windows stage) which i think it's the last stage

#64 July 31 2015

rtp

stuck at "making sure your ready to install", cancelled it and now its stuck on "setup is cleaning up before it closes" am tempted to shut it down!!!!

#65 July 31 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Make sure the internet is good before making this step

#66 July 31 2015

Ra8

Have you seen this: https://jonathan.porta.codes/2015/07/30 … -defaults/ ?
It's about the privacy defaults in windows 10.

Last edited by Ra8 (July 31 2015)

#67 July 31 2015

Kazouza

NAM wrote:

i don't know how much time the download took .. but on an SSD it took 20mins to upgrade from windows 8.1 pro (pirated) to windows 10 pro (genuine)

So I take it you got a genuine copy even though your 8.1 was cracked? Or is it still considered cracked?

#68 July 31 2015

nosense

NAM wrote:

same here on ssd

#69 July 31 2015

bermudapineapple

Kazouza wrote:
NAM wrote:

So I take it you got a genuine copy even though your 8.1 was cracked? Or is it still considered cracked?

Yes, all copies of Windows 7 and 8 (whether pirated or not) are upgradeable to a genuine copy of Windows 10.

#70 July 31 2015

MrClass

I've upgraded from genuine Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. What happens if I would like to clean format my computer after a year? Will I lose my Windows 10 activation?

#71 July 31 2015

Ramnesia

MrClass wrote:

I've upgraded from genuine Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. What happens if I would like to clean format my computer after a year? Will I lose my Windows 10 activation?

No you will not you can use win8.1 product key on win 10

#72 July 31 2015

Die_Kapitan

tt400 wrote:
Kazouza wrote:
NAM wrote:

Yes, all copies of Windows 7 and 8 (whether pirated or not) are upgradeable to a genuine copy of Windows 10.

No, just no. Pirated stays pirated and doesn't get security updates.

#73 July 31 2015

Kazouza

Die_Kapitan wrote:
tt400 wrote:
Kazouza wrote:

That's what I read/thought at first. But after browsing the piracy subreddit, it seems that most people with cracked windows are getting at least somewhat verified keys. Some of them are permanent keys, others last for 60-180 days depending on what loader they used etc

#74 July 31 2015

nosense

Die_Kapitan wrote:
tt400 wrote:
Kazouza wrote:

I was using 8.1 pirated and upgraded to 10 and I got security updates,  u can see a screenshot in my previous posts

Edit: here
Untitled.png

Last edited by nosense (July 31 2015)

#75 July 31 2015

MrClass

Was able to extract my Windows 10 key. It is different than my Windows 8.1 key

Board footer