LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 July 29 2015

bogdan22

Re: Windows 10

I have reserved, still waiting though !

#27 July 29 2015

Kazouza

A.L wrote:

@ kazouza i didnt try it but maybe if you press the windows logo ( the one that you used to reserve windows 10) if ou open the left menu in there, in the lower left corner there is a view confirmation button click on it then click cancel reservation try it it might work.
if not just google it.
hope i could hel

Tried that didn't work, tried shit ton of different stuff till I managed to get rid of it but in the process I ended up screwing windows update..
My update history is empty, and it keeps checking for updates for a while without finding anything..

#28 July 29 2015

nosense

#29 July 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

if I choose upgrade the pc now will it upgrade without having to use dvd,usb... and will it be the same as waiting the windows update to upgrade?

#30 July 29 2015

nosense

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

if I choose upgrade the pc now will it upgrade without having to use dvd,usb... and will it be the same as waiting the windows update to upgrade?

I didn't try it I will start with the download right now, but I will do an iso to keep the file and after that when I open the iso and install there should be an option to upgrade the windows

#31 July 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

I asked because I don't want to format I just want to upgrade

#32 July 29 2015

nosense

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I asked because I don't want to format I just want to upgrade

yup i'm doing the same

#33 July 29 2015

Ramnesia

I just finished upgrading from win 8.1(pirated) pro to win 10 pro and windows is still activated, But i know It is because of KMSpico which  win8.1 uses to activate windows for 180days, apparently it works on win10.
The good thing is that the upgrade went smooth I had no trouble with drivers even on this old laptop hp dv6-1199ee from 2009.

#34 July 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

you used the tool or windows update?

#35 July 29 2015

Ramnesia

I used the tool because its been a while that I did not use my laptop but i did reserve a copy on it before.

#36 July 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

So you used the tool and upgraded without any loss in data and files and programs? Is it booting faster?

#37 July 29 2015

Ramnesia

Fast boot depends on many things but in my old laptop case i did not see any difference from win8.1.
As for the data I did not lose anything.

#38 July 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Well i have win 7 will i notice any good difference in boot speeds?

#39 July 29 2015

Prince

am currently updating

#40 July 30 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Do i need an external drive (usb,dvd...) to upgrade

#41 July 30 2015

bermudapineapple

Enjoy being beta testers. Also, after reading some of the changes such as the cloud integration and the always-online system where you can't even disable updates, I'm having second thoughts of whether to upgrade at all.

Last edited by bermudapineapple (July 30 2015)

#42 July 30 2015

Tech Guru

Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 in waves. That means even if your computer is ready, you won’t necessarily be able to download Windows 10 right away.

Tool from Microsoft that will automatically upgrade to Windows 10 for the impatient people.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software … /windows10

How to force Windows to start downloading the Windows 10 update files
http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/28/how-t … ate-files/

Last edited by Tech Guru (July 30 2015)

#43 July 30 2015

nosense

I downloaded the iso using the tool overnight,  will upgrade the windows when I get home

#44 July 30 2015

Doom

tt400 wrote:

Enjoy being beta testers. Also, after reading some of the changes such as the cloud integration and the always-online system where you can't even disable updates, I'm having second thoughts of whether to upgrade at all.

http://reviews.gizmodo.com/heres-the-in … 1720768012
You can disable hidden updates.

#45 July 30 2015

nosense

Updated from 8.1 cracked and it says windows is activated

#46 July 30 2015

Tech Guru

@aliessayli2

You Burned  the .ISO via a DVD or what was your procedure , and when you updated it did not mention to you a KEY and is the new window activated with a genuine status - you can do updates.

#47 July 30 2015

nosense

Tech Guru wrote:

@aliessayli2

You Burned  the .ISO via a DVD or what was your procedure , and when you updated it did not mention to you a KEY and is the new window activated with a genuine status - you can do updates.

I just double clicked on the .ISO and then install.exe, and it proceeded to update my windows normally, and no it didn't ask for a key, and now I am downloading updates

Untitled.png

but there is something wrong with the resolution I don't know what is it but the text is just not right, I don't know if you can see it in the above picture

EDIT: I already downloaded the latest nvidia driver for win 10

Last edited by nosense (July 30 2015)

#48 July 30 2015

rolf

hassansaleh31 wrote:

I don't know why everyone think that windows 8 is horrible maybe because you are used to windows 7 but if you use windows 8 for sometime you will also get used to it and it's new features.
It is always good to keep up with new updates because updates are made to make the user more comfortable and have more options.
So for me i always recommend updates on anything (pc mobile phones applications) and have some time to get used to it.

Not sure if Windows 8 is horrible, but I prefer the Windows 7 workflow. I understand that the UI is optimized for tablets but I have a Laptop, and no touch-screen.
I don't know about Windows 10. Yesterday, I was in the supermarket, and saw a magazine cover with "Windows 10, the Review". What happened to 9, by the way?

So I guess I'll stick with 7. I would've still been using Windows XP if I could. Maybe XP wouldn't have used 22 gigs for the c:\windows folder. But then I'm not even sure. After all it's mostly WinSxs, which also exists in XP. I'm using Linux ATM, BTW, liking it more and more. So I try to use that whenever possible.

#49 July 30 2015

Doom

rolf wrote:

...What happened to 9, by the way?

7 8 9

Last edited by Doom (July 30 2015)

#50 July 30 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

if I download the windows 10 from torrent can I upgrade from the hdd without using any external drive and will it be the same?

Board footer