LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 5 2015

K-Power

Building an online store (Steps)

Hi everybody,

I’m new here, and I need your advice concerning the creation of an online store.
I've tried to contact few development companies in the Lebanese market and I was shocked by the prices they asked for this kind of projects (not less than 13,000$). Now I’m trying to do it on my own and I need your advice concerning the steps I should follow.

Thanks.

#2 February 5 2015

TrollFatGuy

Re: Building an online store (Steps)

I'm not an expert in this domain, but I was interested in it a couple of years ago. Dropped the idea when I noticed that I had very little to do in this domain and that i needed to study the topic a bit more... Anyways, I think it would be helpful to mention what type of store? How are you working? Who are you working with? Budget? And such small questions to help get any real advice from people with more knowledge concerning this topic.

#3 February 6 2015

samer
Admin

Re: Building an online store (Steps)

Building it yourself is a good exercise if you are interested in web application development. Setting up an existing online shopping software is also a good exercise to learn the basics of deploying a third party application.
However, if you don't care about any of the above, simply use a hosted solution like Shopify.

Board footer