LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 February 15 2016

xazbrat

Re: Is cablevision worth it?

raichu wrote:

Hey
Is Investigation Discovery still present on Cablevision? If yes on which frequency?
I can't seem to find it.
Thank you

There was a channel called Discovery ID on CV, but since their recent channel lineup change as of today, it is no longer there.  There is a channel called Crime and Investigation, but as of now, all it has are the TV color bars.  It is on 12040.

Edit:  been renamed to ID:  Investigative Discovery.  It is on 12000

Last edited by xazbrat (February 15 2016)

#52 February 15 2016

raichu

xazbrat wrote:
raichu wrote:

Hey
Is Investigation Discovery still present on Cablevision? If yes on which frequency?
I can't seem to find it.
Thank you

There was a channel called Discovery ID on CV, but since their recent channel lineup change as of today, it is no longer there.  There is a channel called Crime and Investigation, but as of now, all it has are the TV color bars.  It is on 12040.

renamed?
What's the logo of the channel? ID or CI?

#53 February 15 2016

Tech Guru

I have it all opened on my Digital Receiver , through some tricks without membership ... Yes it worth it definitely.

#54 February 16 2016

xazbrat

raichu wrote:
xazbrat wrote:
raichu wrote:

Hey
I can't seem to find it.
Thank you

renamed?
What's the logo of the channel? ID or CI?

It was called Discovery ID--now it is Investigative Discovery--so ID.   C&I is a different channel (have it on hotbird) and it has very similar programming.

#55 February 17 2016

Ruroken

Tech Guru wrote:

I have it all opened on my Digital Receiver , through some tricks without membership ... Yes it worth it definitely.

Can you elaborate more? You have it all opened as in what channels? I have a Cablevision subscription and paid a bit extra to get additional Bein Channels. Is there any tricks that we need to know about?

#56 February 17 2016

xazbrat

Gotta admit---I like what CV did this week.  Almost all of the OSN channels are now in HD and other channels like Animal Planet, Food Network, H2, as well as MBC channels are also in HD which makes TV much more enjoyable to watch.  I wasn't watching CV that much because it had limited channels in HD, but now I do watch more beside the Discovery Channel.  :)

#57 February 18 2016

AVOlio

xazbrat wrote:

Gotta admit---I like what CV did this week.  Almost all of the OSN channels are now in HD and other channels like Animal Planet, Food Network, H2, as well as MBC channels are also in HD which makes TV much more enjoyable to watch.  I wasn't watching CV that much because it had limited channels in HD, but now I do watch more beside the Discovery Channel.  :)

can you name the channels that they made in HD ?

EDIT: never mind,
i saw them, yea its a good addition.

Last edited by AVOlio (February 18 2016)

#58 February 18 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

If we have 3 TVs in the house, how can you install CV on the 3 while having independent channels choice?
Should you pay for 3 receivers?
No W9 channel?

Last edited by vegetaleb (February 18 2016)

#59 February 23 2016

dduetto

vegetaleb wrote:

If we have 3 TVs in the house, how can you install CV on the 3 while having independent channels choice?
Should you pay for 3 receivers?
No W9 channel?

Am also looking for a solutions to apply it  but may it be a risk to make you lose your subscription? is it legal or illegal stuff?

#60 February 23 2016

dduetto

Tech Guru wrote:

Really did you add use viaacess cards? or CCCAM or Mgcamd or NewCamd Servers?

Am interested nd glad to know more about this stuff

#61 February 23 2016

dduetto

I know some satellite shops in dahye they support CCCAM servers works on CableVision Echonet nd hotbird it cost as i remember about 60$ per year

#62 February 23 2016

AVOlio

dduetto wrote:

I know some satellite shops in dahye they support CCCAM servers works on CableVision Echonet nd hotbird it cost as i remember about 60$ per year

Lebanese dealers of Cablevision/Digitek/Econet cccam providers are a scam and overprice.
My provider is outside the country, cheaper than here, and its flawless.  (it does have its moments of cutting though, like 5% of the time).
And even during the cuts, he is very responsive and helpful to me.
Before i dealt with him, i asked around for many providers here in Lebanon, the lowest cost i got for those ccam subscriptions were like 80$ / year which i never would have accepted, even if i was rich  .

#63 February 26 2016

dduetto

AVOlio wrote:
dduetto wrote:

Lebanese dealers of Cablevision/Digitek/Econet cccam providers are a scam and overprice.
My provider is outside the country, cheaper than here, and its flawless.  (it does have its moments of cutting though, like 5% of the time).
And even during the cuts, he is very responsive and helpful to me.
Before i dealt with him, i asked around for many providers here in Lebanon, the lowest cost i got for those ccam subscriptions were like 80$ / year which i never would have accepted, even if i was rich  .

It's really expensive for 1 year u can pay the half i tried 1 of them for one year and it was not bad but i was looking for a cheaper providers .. i was looking to buy it from the dealer directly not from Local Shop to save the commission they take

#64 February 26 2016

dduetto

Tech Guru , really is there a tricks u can open locked channels on CableVision for free?

waiting your reply.

#65 March 2 2016

Makaveli84

Thinking of paying for 1 legal CV subscription. Need access on one or two other TVs. What are my options?

For example:

1) Let's say I only wanted access to "Basic" channels on other TVs, would any "offline" regular receiver connected to the CV dish do?

2) Let's say I wanted access to the "Premium" channels (beIN, OSN) that I'm paying for and getting on my main TV, where would I start? Receiver with cccam/internet and a cccam subscription? And if so, how/where to do that?

I'd appreciate any help guys, and please feel free to PM me any info that can't be put out in public.
Thanks.

Last edited by Makaveli84 (March 2 2016)

#66 March 2 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

CV is a rip off compared to European and US ''box'' systems which gives you hundred of channels in HD + internet with 500mb/s speed.
Like all Lebanese mafias, no other company is allowed to sell TV satellite ''legal'' system because the CV guy is politically endorsed by a mafiosi politician.
These mafias will never allow our country to evolve to new techs, it remembers me when they didn't want to launch ADSL in Lebanon in favor of Wise and Mobi...

#67 March 3 2016

Louis40

Vegetaleb .. thumbs up

#68 March 4 2016

Makaveli84

Yes. Well... Now what?

#69 March 4 2016

xazbrat

In the states, generally you can get a 20ish meg connection, a few hundred cable channels, and a digital phone (free long distance US and Canada) from between $50 to $75 a month depending on what packages you ultimately subscribe to.  Most people I know are paying around $100 to $120 a month because they subscribe to sports packages, multiple premium channels, and they have multiple DVR's and/or receivers.

That being said, even looking at OSN, that is just a ripoff too.  $80 for their most expensive package for about 50 HD channels--people in other countries get that many just for basic service.  Just about every channel is in HD there and you would get more than that for a $25 basic service in the US.  I will say this about CV---at least the HD pictures are crisp and clear.  The same could not be said for Digitek the 'ishtirak' guys, and other providers.  CV with Bein channels for $30 a month if you subscribe for a year isnt too bad a deal---not great, but not too bad.

Now that I think about it, Bein is even a bigger ripoff than everyone else.  Don't get me started.....

#70 March 8 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

We installed a receiver for CV today, what are the compatible video formats on USB?
1080p version

#71 July 3 2016

Tech Guru

8t5ZlGO.jpg

NPufhOD.jpg

SFwp3G8.jpg

yjEFpl2.jpg

NVF4wwc.jpg

HIJeCBe.jpg

I have managed to decipher Cable Vision Channels  , Part of Digitech (embedded in Cable Vision) , Hot Bird Channels - Process is very complicated and long , since it needs some fine adjustments on dish mounting and dish eye mounting , I am using two dishes simultaneously. All HD , watching the Euro Now :)

#72 July 3 2016

xazbrat

Congrats--I just pay someone 25k and he does if for me in about 20 minutes--much easier.  :)

How big is the dish you mounted for Hotbird?  I have a 120cm dish now and am going to get something in the 180 range before the rainy season.  HD channels are finicky in bad weather.

#73 August 1 2016

zahi_k

any dependable CCCam server without disconnection for CableVision? to what i heard, these server provides use a duplicate card for deciphering the channels and share amongst all users..
appreciate anyone can advise about a reliable provider.
CCCam of G-box2

#74 August 1 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Weirdly enough in the Metn and Keserwan area you don't need cablevision to get France 2,3,4,5, it's still ''legally'' on cabled TV only in Beirut they make you pay more

#75 August 2 2016

zahi_k

Tech Guru wrote:

I have managed to decipher Cable Vision Channels  , Part of Digitech (embedded in Cable Vision) , Hot Bird Channels - Process is very complicated and long , since it needs some fine adjustments on dish mounting and dish eye mounting , I am using two dishes simultaneously. All HD , watching the Euro Now :)

are you getting freezing on channels? Bein and OSN?

Board footer