LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 5 2014

NuclearVision

Network integration.

Hello everyone, let's say I have a hotspot on a device of mine. Is it possible to be on the same network of the device, from outside, another connection cellular data maybe.
The thing is I'm writing a program that could be used from within a port , in the same network and not in public from external ip. port forwarding, dmz, upnp are not accessible, hotspot limitation.
Thanks !

Last edited by NuclearVision (September 5 2014)

#2 September 5 2014

Tarek
Banned

Re: Network integration.

I did not understand a thing

#3 September 5 2014

nosense

Please explain again what are you trying to do.

#4 September 5 2014

NuclearVision

Ok thanks for replying, I'll explain more.
I wrote a program, it functions within a specific port, the computer running it, is to be connected to a hotspot which does not have  dmz, so I can't port forward  the router to access the protocol through public ip.
I want to access the port through the internet, it is accessible locally. Is there a way to let the hotspot identify my other device as if it was in the same network, so I can access local ports from outside? Hope it's clearer now.

Last edited by NuclearVision (September 5 2014)

#5 September 6 2014

Cpt.Majed

NuclearVision wrote:

Is there a way to let the hotspot identify my other device as if it was in the same network, so I can access local ports from outside? Hope it's clearer now.

You can use a vpn ... I guess
I didn't really get what you're trying to do, maybe if you tell us what the program does , we can help you better

#6 September 6 2014

NuclearVision

Hey thanks , I will explain more.
My issue is similar to two friends who have a game that supports only local wifi multiplayer each one live in one city however, how could they play? How could one of them enter the same network of the other one .

#7 September 6 2014

Cpt.Majed

Well the answer is VPN.

For gaming we used to download Hamashi and connect both devices to the same network and Voila you have a local network without worrying about port forwarding.

When you connect both devices to the same vpn, it will be like a LAN

#8 September 6 2014

NuclearVision

Hello nice idea, but the problem is that hotspot can't be configured to use VPN.
Anything to do on the other device connections from outside?

#9 September 6 2014

nosense

Well maybe simply it can't be done , hotspot is very limited to sharing your cellular data

#10 September 6 2014

m_zeid

NuclearVision wrote:

Hey thanks , I will explain more.
My issue is similar to two friends who have a game that supports only local wifi multiplayer each one live in one city however, how could they play? How could one of them enter the same network of the other one .

If it was a game then what game?

To play the old-but-gold Red Alert 2 I tried many solutions, one of them is Hamachi.
But after all I found the best one I've ever tried: GameRanger
google it ;)

#11 September 6 2014

Adnan

m_zeid wrote:

If it was a game then what game?

To play the old-but-gold Red Alert 2 I tried many solutions, one of them is Hamachi.
But after all I found the best one I've ever tried: GameRanger
google it ;)

I think he was just referring to the game as an example.
[HS]Red Alert 2 on Gameranger is just awesome. I play it on Hamachi with my relatives though.[/HS]

#12 September 6 2014

NuclearVision

Thanks guys! Yes the game is just a similar example.
I want to be a part of my device(running the program)'s local network through the internet.

Board footer