LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 27 2014

Ramii

Batch file to change screensaver

hey guys! i need a batch file that change the screensaver automatically,  so the user just click on it and everything goes automatically. Thank you!

#2 June 27 2014

RoyNm

Re: Batch file to change screensaver

-

Last edited by RoyNm (3 weeks ago)

#3 June 27 2014

Ramii

RoyNm wrote:

Even though I quit batch a very long time ago, I may be able to do this by using the internet as a reference. Though is that the only thing you would like the batch file to do, just change the screensaver? Does it need to do it immediately or does it need to take effect after a reboot?

just change it and to take effect immediately! thank you

#4 June 27 2014

RoyNm

-

Last edited by RoyNm (3 weeks ago)

#5 June 27 2014

Ramii

RoyNm wrote:

The first time I launched this it set my desktop wallpaper as black, I don't know why it did this but when I launched it again it kept it as it is. Also, please note I haven't exactly tested this, thus I do not know if it might mess up anything on your computer, so not to scare you or anything, use it on your own will. Here's the code, just copy it and paste it on notepad, and save it as a .bat file.

@echo off
REG ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /V SCRNSAVE.EXE /T REG_SZ /F /D "%SystemRoot%\System32\Mystify.scr"
%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll, UpdatePerUserSystemParameters

Now to make this batch file change the screensaver to whatever you want, you should edit this part of the code: "%SystemRoot%\System32\Mystify.scr"

Just change the file name in the end. So, let's say instead of the mystify screensaver, you want the bubbles screensaver, you would change it to:

"%SystemRoot%\System32\Bubbles.scr"

Now, if the screensaver is elsewhere just change the whole directory path, should be easy for you to understand. :)

Also, please note I did not exactly do this, I just copied it from the internet and removed the other pieces of code to fit what you want. I would post the reference link, but I'm not allowed to. If you're interested on what it is I will gladly send the link to you in PM.

Thank you so much ! worked perfectly!

Board footer