LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 July 5 2014

eliosassine

Re: Feedback for IDM

kfc wrote:

eliosassine wrote:
I called the lousy company and after an hour of holding and trying to reach someone they tell me I m FUP d for the whole month with no way of changing my plan till the end of the month . I ve been wanting to leave IDM for a while now because of the stupid support and unreliability . Now they made my decision clearer
Are you on an unlimited plan?

yes 2mb unlimited which turned out to be a downgrade from the 2mb 20 Gb with their stupid policy

#127 July 5 2014

kfc

eliosassine wrote:
kfc wrote:

eliosassine wrote:
I called the lousy company and after an hour of holding and trying to reach someone they tell me I m FUP d for the whole month with no way of changing my plan till the end of the month . I ve been wanting to leave IDM for a while now because of the stupid support and unreliability . Now they made my decision clearer

yes 2mb unlimited which turned out to be a downgrade from the 2mb 20 Gb with their stupid policy

i am on 2mbps/40gb and DL speed hasnt exceeded 1 mbps in last 2 days even in the morning...

#128 July 5 2014

gamer4life

I just got off the phone with them because my speed is 1M too. They told me that at first they gave everyone the 2M eventhough ogero didn't complete its upgrade, but after 2 days (I think on thursday) they were forced to cancel this decision. That's why our speeds are back 1M.

#129 July 5 2014

andrew55

What kind of "upgrade" does ogero need to do? Does it have to do with equipment at the CO or just upgrading their own customers?

Last edited by andrew55 (July 5 2014)

#130 July 5 2014

gamer4life

No I think they mean the CO.

#131 July 5 2014

kfc

gamer4life wrote:

I just got off the phone with them because my speed is 1M too. They told me that at first they gave everyone the 2M eventhough ogero didn't complete its upgrade, but after 2 days (I think on thursday) they were forced to cancel this decision. That's why our speeds are back 1M.

did you talk to customer care or technical support?

i just talked to technical support to complain about getting 1 mbps only . he asked me to do a couple of tests and when he saw that speed isn't exceeding 120 kb/s, he told me that he will open a case and get back to me within 48 hours.

What is your"bandwith" in the DSL connection settings page? Mine is 2176kbps which shows that they didn't downgrade me to 1 mbps.

#132 July 5 2014

---()--()---

eliosassine wrote:
kfc wrote:

eliosassine wrote:

This is my exact same case.

#133 July 5 2014

wollyka

My problem with IDM is a different one. I am currently subscribed to the 4 Mbps plan since years now and the connection was working properly. However, since the beginning of this month,I am having frequent disconnections. The situation got worse since yesterday, I am offline most of the time, the modem is trying to synchronize every few minutes. Etc...  The sn margin is fluctuating a lot, sometimes it is in the upper 30/11 as normal,then it decreases to 20/2 and so on.
The modem is the new technicolor from IDM (i tried 2 different modems too), I changed the filters, I removed my phone completely, no handy phone is attached and it is all the same.
I tried calling them but the line is always busy!
Very disappointed!

Last edited by wollyka (July 5 2014)

#134 July 5 2014

gamer4life

kfc wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

i just talked to technical support to complain about getting 1 mbps only . he asked me to do a couple of tests and when he saw that speed isn't exceeding 120 kb/s, he told me that he will open a case and get back to me within 48 hours.

What is your"bandwith" in the DSL connection settings page? Mine is 2176kbps which shows that they didn't downgrade me to 1 mbps.

I also talked to the technical support. I just checked the bandwidth it says (Up/Down): 766/4.389 how is that??

#135 July 5 2014

wollyka

Did you check the SNR margin?it will be fluctuating a lot and affecting the advertised speed

#136 July 5 2014

kfc

gamer4life wrote:
kfc wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

I also talked to the technical support. I just checked the bandwidth it says (Up/Down): 766/4.389 how is that??

you have "bandwith" and "maximum bandwith". check "bandwith not the other. the 766/4389 seems to be the "maximum bandwith"

#137 July 5 2014

gamer4life

The one I mentioned the normal bandwidth, I didn't find the maximum bandwidth.
My SN margin (Up/Down): 15.1/17.3. Yesterday the down was 20.1 and before july 1st it was 13 or 12.

#138 July 5 2014

kfc

gamer4life wrote:

The one I mentioned the normal bandwidth, I didn't find the maximum bandwidth.
My SN margin (Up/Down): 15.1/17.3. Yesterday the down was 20.1 and before july 1st it was 13 or 12.

si it seems that you were upgraded to 4 mbps

#139 July 5 2014

gamer4life

In my account management it says 2mb 50gb.

#140 July 7 2014

sailor

did anyone call idm to check if we can submit application to change plans?

#141 July 7 2014

jsaade

IDM FUP for 2mbps unlimited is 2GB per day. which is around 60GB per month. Which is stupid as it seems they do not know how to do math!

#142 July 7 2014

NickTheQuick

What about the monthly FUP ?? I've downloaded 9gb till today and the tech guy told me that i'm so close to get FUPed for the whole month !!
Also, the 60Gb is excluded from the free night quota right ?

Last edited by NickTheQuick (July 7 2014)

#143 July 7 2014

hussam

When you FUP, instead of throttling you, all ISPs should just redirect all your browser traffic to this link (warning. link contains a picture of Britney Spears).

#144 July 7 2014

andrew55

IDM connection (4096/512) after 11 pm... lol

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3610139703.png

#145 July 7 2014

trent

andrew55 wrote:

IDM connection (4096/512) after 11 pm... lol

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3610139703.png

I saw similar results after 11pm tonight on a friends 4/1 unlimited connection. Download speed was fluctuating between 1 & 4mbps (doubtful it was due to FUP).
Pings weren't that stable either, but not too high.

#146 July 8 2014

rtp

sailor wrote:

did anyone call idm to check if we can submit application to change plans?

yes i called them you can. It will cost you 10,000L.L i think

#147 July 8 2014

andrew55

@trent i'm already switched to the 4 M 50 GB package so FUP shouldn't apply to my account from whatever i've been reading here and from i was told by IDM tech support... besides my speed is usually close to 3.4 mbps during the day meaning i am getting full bandwidth. The connection gets significantly slower starting at 10 pm! they still don't have enough E1s... annoying...

#148 July 8 2014

H.S

@andrew55, You got a speed upgrade? I didn't get mine yet, only the quota was upgraded.

#149 July 8 2014

andrew55

I was on the 4 M package before the upgrade so i didn't get any change in speed. In fact the connection is worse after the upgrade... I want the 8 M package but they tell me that my line can't handle.. and I'm 1.1 km from the CO!

#150 July 8 2014

andrew55

This is my connection right now.. before the upgrade i was getting at least 3.4/0.43.. so yes.. so much for the upgrade...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3611684799.png

Board footer