LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1376 March 12 2020

alcolopa

Re: Feedback for IDM

Hello, is anyone having issue with high latency?
I used to get 120 ping on lux.valve.net now i am getting 300+
This only happens at night.

Last edited by alcolopa (March 12 2020)

#1377 March 12 2020

wollyka

alcolopa wrote:

Please see the above
IDM/Cyberia aka GDS are throttling speeds especially torrents (near 25 KB/s) at night. In addition, the overall speed is abysmal

I have a 25 Mbps connection
Speed now at 11 pm
9123541703.png

the pings are also very bad ( 200+ instead of the usual 80)

Last edited by wollyka (March 12 2020)

#1378 March 13 2020

kfc

wollyka wrote:

Did anyone seeing slow torrent downloads from around 9 pm to 12 pm?

i noted the same thing

#1379 March 13 2020

wollyka

kfc wrote:
wollyka wrote:

Did anyone seeing slow torrent downloads from around 9 pm to 12 am?

i noted the same thing

it is confirmed that they are now throttling torrents during that time fore sure. Yesterday, they did it also earlier (6pm to 12am)

Last edited by wollyka (March 13 2020)

#1380 March 13 2020

Super Official

I believe that they are also throttling downloads on Uplay at least. Downloading the new siege update wasn't progressing unless I connected to a VPN.

#1381 March 13 2020

infiniteloop

This country is going downhill, they give you double downloads quotas but at the expense of blocking numerous websites and torrents

#1382 March 14 2020

Tech Guru

Not Experiencing that from Ogero:

Screenshot-20200312-151850-Torrent.jpg

#1383 March 14 2020

nuclearcat

Ogero is monopoly. They can give as much as they want, backbone is cheap for them. So when they give discount for end-users, its just unfrair competition and discrimination of population who use private operators. Might sound good for those who use Ogero, but you are going down the rabbit hole like that and will pay for such carelessness later.
Private companies can't follow lead, due quarantine all people home and usage is already 30-40% higher, they are extra full. So can't blame IDM for those measures... just i hope they leave VPN alone. It's essential for teleworking.
All this double quota promises some operators give - pure populism. It will cost fortune for them to provide quality with double quota.

Last edited by nuclearcat (March 14 2020)

#1384 March 14 2020

kfc

any idea if IDM will also double the quotas?

#1385 March 14 2020

alcolopa

Vpn gives you speed that is like 80% lower on my side it's been like that for ages sooo i guess they never left vpn alone ...

#1386 March 14 2020

wollyka

Tech Guru wrote:

I get to use 2.5MB/s on a 25 Mbps connection. Now only a few Kb/s just reported earlier during peak hours. I don't think Ogero is throttling its users only private ISPs

Last edited by wollyka (March 14 2020)

#1387 March 14 2020

wollyka

Super Official wrote:

I believe that they are also throttling downloads on Uplay at least. Downloading the new siege update wasn't progressing unless I connected to a VPN.

Yes battle.net too (it uses a hybrid http/torrent/p2p downloads). Also steam game updates are slower

#1388 March 14 2020

vengeance666

Wow and for a second I wanted to switch from Ogero because the private ISPs have "better offers". Not in a million years I would do that anymore.

#1389 March 14 2020

HzSamer

wollyka wrote:
Super Official wrote:

Yes battle.net too (it uses a hybrid http/torrent/p2p downloads). Also steam game updates are slower

I am getting full speed on battle.net. I am an Ogero subscriber.

#1390 March 14 2020

infiniteloop

This is not acceptable, Ogero is taking all the speed from private ISPs to give them free for their own customers as x2 speed and x2 quotas
We should bombard the ministry of telecom twitter account as well as cal MTV or LBC or New TV so they expose this BS job to the public.
I can't even access games trainers website because of their shitty anti-piracy thing, ya ma7la China

Last edited by infiniteloop (March 14 2020)

#1391 March 14 2020

bobo619

I have been experiencing this since 3 months ago. My isp throttling my bandwidth from 5 pm till 12 pm. After calling the support line multiple times they finally confesed that they are unable to buy the required amount of international bandwidth to the current situation... i found a way around it and it works flawlessly.

Last edited by bobo619 (March 14 2020)

#1392 March 14 2020

wollyka

infiniteloop wrote:

This is not acceptable, Ogero is taking all the speed from private ISPs to give them free for their own customers as x2 speed and x2 quotas
We should bombard the ministry of telecom twitter account as well as cal MTV or LBC or New TV so they expose this BS job to the public.
I can't even access games trainers website because of their shitty anti-piracy thing, ya ma7la China

For me it started happening 12 days ago I think before the x2 quota thing. So it's not directly related even though it got worse lately

#1393 March 14 2020

wollyka

bobo619 wrote:

I have been experiencing this since 3 months ago. My isp throttling my bandwidth from 5 pm till 12 pm. After calling the support line multiple times they finally confesed that they are unable to buy the required amount of international bandwidth to the current situation... i found a way around it and it works flawlessly.

I guess that it's the logical reason

#1394 March 14 2020

shady282

Hello, I charged my internet with 4mbs 40gb around two weeks ago. but now i m working from home using work VPN and I expect my quota to by pass the 40 gb especially due to social media videos...etc.
Do you recommend that i subscribe to the unlimited night service? I guess I can postpone my downloads after 11 pm... but I m afraid that the regular speed will get throttled and I ll have to go back to office.

I should have got 70GB plan.

Thanks.

#1395 March 14 2020

wollyka

shady282 wrote:

Hello, I charged my internet with 4mbs 40gb around two weeks ago. but now i m working from home using work VPN and I expect my quota to by pass the 40 gb especially due to social media videos...etc.
Do you recommend that i subscribe to the unlimited night service? I guess I can postpone my downloads after 11 pm... but I m afraid that the regular speed will get throttled and I ll have to go back to office.

Thanks.

They are throttling the speed even before the unlimited nigh at 11pm. You can subscribe if you want but try to limit your downloads

#1396 March 14 2020

shady282

wollyka wrote:
shady282 wrote:

Thanks.

They are throttling the speed even before the unlimited nigh at 11pm. You can subscribe if you want but try to limit your downloads

I don't use downloads like torrents or play games, just social media, youtube... max expected increase would be few GBs

Do you recommend any specific max to not cross. All I care about is throttling during the day as might affects video meetings and it won't be good to break while on meeting.

#1397 March 14 2020

wollyka

shady282 wrote:
wollyka wrote:
shady282 wrote:

Thanks.

I don't use downloads like torrents or play games, just social media, youtube... max expected increase would be few GBs

Do you recommend any specific max to not cross. All I care about is throttling during the day as might affects video meetings and it won't be good to break while on meeting.

Well i didn't monitor it thoroughly.However yesterday for example my consumption was less than 2.5 GB before 6 pm and 3.5 GB before 9 pm and my speed wasn't throttled!
The day before, i downloaded a Ubuntu torrent and i consumed 3.5 GB before 6 pm, so at 6pm Bang my speed was throttled.
So maybe the 3 GB is the limit. I have a 200 GB plan, so in order to consume it, I have to consume 6 GB per day. If they are throttling the connection at 3 GB, it will be difficult to consume all my GBs at the end of the month

#1398 March 14 2020

Trauma

alcolopa wrote:

I thought I'm the only one. I got exactly the same above problem from evening till midnight every day. And it started a few days ago.

But hey it's the only time that I play games!!! In the evening.

Slow downloads? Ok but why high ping too? The games are unplayable with high latency.

#1399 March 14 2020

wollyka

Trauma wrote:
alcolopa wrote:

I thought I'm the only one. I got exactly the same above problem from evening till midnight every day. And it started a few days ago.

But hey it's the only time that I play games!!! In the evening.

Slow downloads? Ok but why high ping too? The games are unplayable with high latency.

Both since there is congestion + slowing downloads (throttling which started a few days ago), you will get high latency
And maybe there are changing routes too

Last edited by wollyka (March 14 2020)

#1400 March 14 2020

wollyka

nuclearcat wrote:

Ogero is monopoly. They can give as much as they want, backbone is cheap for them. So when they give discount for end-users, its just unfrair competition and discrimination of population who use private operators. Might sound good for those who use Ogero, but you are going down the rabbit hole like that and will pay for such carelessness later.
Private companies can't follow lead, due quarantine all people home and usage is already 30-40% higher, they are extra full. So can't blame IDM for those measures... just i hope they leave VPN alone. It's essential for teleworking.
All this double quota promises some operators give - pure populism. It will cost fortune for them to provide quality with double quota.

Same, i hope they leave VPN. I am working from home now using VPN to connect to my work, so if they block VPN, i can't work, period.

Board footer