LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 April 5 2014

nuclearcat

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

amkahal wrote:

Hello guys, anyone tried to buy from DX.com , they claim that shipping is free to Lebanon within 7-10 business days, can anyone confirm?

I used them a while ago, yes, it is free shipping.

#177 April 6 2014

amkahal

nuclearcat wrote:
amkahal wrote:

Hello guys, anyone tried to buy from DX.com , they claim that shipping is free to Lebanon within 7-10 business days, can anyone confirm?

I used them a while ago, yes, it is free shipping.

thank you Denis, what about custom fees ?

#178 April 6 2014

chosen2k

@vegetaleb Ask the seller to ship it with china post.

#179 April 6 2014

nuclearcat

amkahal wrote:

thank you Denis, what about custom fees ??

It's depend on size of package, customs mood and etc.
Due quantity - most probably you will not have any fees, but in some cases they may charge you. You chances to pay are increasing if parcel is big, or if items description or content are suspicious.

#180 April 7 2014

geekevo

Just checking the website (aliexpress) and so free shipping through DHL? Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited by geekevo (April 8 2014)

#181 April 7 2014

nuclearcat

Which website?

#182 April 30 2014

RockmasteR

there are some video card with brand names, like Galaxy, Gigabyte, MSI, and it's so cheap
I mean a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 770 for 48$ + 50$ shipping and that's less than 100$
What is the idea here?? O.o
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gigabyte … 08050.html

#183 April 30 2014

ironman

@RockmasteR probably fake.

#184 April 30 2014

AVOlio

Or its maybe just a plastic replica toy of the card itself.
A GTX 770  Action Figure lol.

#185 May 1 2014

riqmarmes

They re fakes for sure, but I want to get one so bad, just for the sake of trying them

#186 May 1 2014

RockmasteR

riqmarmes wrote:

They re fakes for sure, but I want to get one so bad, just for the sake of trying them

You got that feeling too right? maybe some day I Can spare a 100$ and try one of them
my GTX 750 Ti cost me 210$ shipped from Amazon, so getting a GTX 770 for a 100$ when it costs nearly 400$ is insane

#187 May 1 2014

rtp

RockmasteR wrote:
riqmarmes wrote:

You got that feeling too right? maybe some day I Can spare a 100$ and try one of them
my GTX 750 Ti cost me 210$ shipped from Amazon, so getting a GTX 770 for a 100$ when it costs nearly 400$ is insane

If its too good to be true, then maybe it is

#188 May 1 2014

LifeEngineer

Ok guys excuse me if this has been asked before, but I would like to order a smartphone from Ali express! I know this sounds crazy!
But there are some items that are just nice!
I want to get for my father a big cheap cell phone (weak vision) to browse,  Facebook and whatsapp etc...
What do you guys think?
Will it be charged custom fees? ("jamerek" or anything else?)
Will it work in lebanon?

Mainly those are on my radar:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original … 64046.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Air-Comm … 64506.html

#189 May 2 2014

ironman

@LifeEngineer, well concerning custom fees, you won't pay since you are shipping with SingaporePost, will it work ? yes because the minister has cancelled the rule concerning IMEI  registration.

EDIT: watch out for the second item (Note 3), it will be imported with DHL (no other shipping option) so you will be paying customs fees

Good luck

Last edited by ironman (May 2 2014)

#190 May 2 2014

LifeEngineer

ironman wrote:

@LifeEngineer, well concerning custom fees, you won't pay since you are shipping with SingaporePost, will it work ? yes because the minister has cancelled the rule concerning IMEI  registration.

EDIT: watch out for the second item (Note 3), it will be imported with DHL (no other shipping option) so you will be paying customs fees

Good luck

Aha thanks man a lot for the help.
But how do you know that I will not be charged custom fees from Singaporepost? I mean what's the difference? Did you ever try it?

#191 May 2 2014

AVOlio

Sellers on Aliexpress usually help you out concerning shipping and customs.
for example, by decreasing the pricetag of the price on the description which will avoid customs to check it..
or perhaps mark it as a non electronic product or something like that.

Just talk to the seller and see what they can do about it.

#192 May 3 2014

RockmasteR

also watch out from the note 3 thing,It's not Samsung, it's a replica
I don't know about Lenovo, but I guess it's good

Last edited by RockmasteR (May 3 2014)

#193 May 4 2014

m_zeid

RockmasteR wrote:

there are some video card with brand names, like Galaxy, Gigabyte, MSI, and it's so cheap
I mean a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 770 for 48$ + 50$ shipping and that's less than 100$
What is the idea here?? O.o
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gigabyte … 08050.html

FAKE
mostly they are old 9400 GT or something chip wise, but the board and heat dissipation system is a replica

DON'T even think about wasting your money on this crap

#194 May 4 2014

m_zeid

RockmasteR wrote:

also watch out from the note 3 thing,It's not Samsung, it's a replica
I don't know about Lenovo, but I guess it's good

lenovo brand is a great one. but no one be sure what will receive eventually.

#195 May 6 2014

xAzarian

Hey guys I ordered an item nearly 3 weeks ago it was shipped via sweden post. The seller gave me this link to track:
http://www.17track.net/en/result/post.s … 12236961SE
And it shows:

Destination Country - Lebanon:Tracking Consuming:13151 Millisecond

Origin Country - Sweden:Tracking Consuming:6740 Millisecond
    2014-05-01 05:06, Order departed from sorting hub
    2014-05-01 00:00, Posten, Direct Link, Singapore, Försändelsen har lämnat Direct Link's utrikesterminal för vidare transport till utlandet.
    2014-04-23 06:31, Order departed on flight from origin
    2014-04-22 05:00, Order dispatched

Buy if I check on poste.se (link: http://www.posten.se/en/Pages/Track-and … 2236961SE) which is the official site , it says:

5/1/2014 5:06 AM    Sweden Post, Direct Link, Singapore    The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad

It's kinda confusing , so basically the item gets shipped from origin country to sweden (which is singapore?) then it gets shipped to Lebanon? If any of you has any experience with shipping via Sweden Post it would be really great if you answer my question. Thanks.

#196 May 6 2014

m_zeid

xAzarian wrote:

Hey guys I ordered an item nearly 3 weeks ago it was shipped via sweden post. The seller gave me this link to track:
And it shows:

2014-05-01 00:00, Posten, Direct Link, Singapore, Försändelsen har lämnat Direct Link's utrikesterminal för vidare transport till utlandet.

Buy if I check on poste.se (link: http://www.posten.se/en/Pages/Track-and … 2236961SE) which is the official site , it says:

5/1/2014 5:06 AM    Sweden Post, Direct Link, Singapore    The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad

It's kinda confusing , so basically the item gets shipped from origin country to sweden (which is singapore?) then it gets shipped to Lebanon? If any of you has any experience with shipping via Sweden Post it would be really great if you answer my question. Thanks.

dude are you kidding? sweden and singapoe are two different countries.
items are dispatched from origin (china) to lebanon, thats it. they will not ship it to sweden before
just wait, your goods are on the way
so chill ;)

#197 May 6 2014

xAzarian

m_zeid wrote:
xAzarian wrote:

And it shows:

items are dispatched from origin (china) to lebanon, thats it. they will not ship it to sweden before
so chill ;)

I'm sorry I meant origin country is Singapore. If they don't ship to sweden before reaching Lebanon , they why is it called sweden post ? Thanks!

#198 May 7 2014

RockmasteR

hey guys, does aliexpress ship by sea or by plane?

#199 May 7 2014

m_zeid

RockmasteR wrote:

hey guys, does aliexpress ship by sea or by plane?

by plane, shipping by sea will takes months

#200 May 7 2014

m_zeid

xAzarian wrote:
m_zeid wrote:
xAzarian wrote:

And it shows:

so chill ;)

I'm sorry I meant origin country is Singapore. If they don't ship to sweden before reaching Lebanon , they why is it called sweden post ? Thanks!

the company just do services even not related to their country, obviously to make money.
maybe one day we can see libanpost shipping chinese products to american people :)

Board footer