LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 February 23 2014

Elmarwano

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

Hey guys is it possible to order in big quantities say for business , or would I have to pay custom fees ?

#152 February 24 2014

chosen2k

Elmarwano for big quantities i would personally go for alibaba.com

#153 February 26 2014

solo220

Hi
Any one tracked shipments via Swiss post ( Sweden Post ) from Aliexpress , 7 days and no tracking information, is this normal?
thanks in advance.

Edit : i found that despite the website is saying it's SWISS or SWEDEN post but the real thing is that it's only the owner of the transporting company is Swedish = ) ,  which made me and many others try to track the parcel on swiss post 8-(  , the real company is called DIRECT LINK,  even 17track.net  directed me to  sweden post?

Edit 2 : well after 10 days i can track my order on swiss post , but the strange and confusing thing is that now the state is "...bla..bla .....Sweden Post, Direct Link, Singapore"?

Last edited by solo220 (March 4 2014)

#154 March 1 2014

Tarek
Banned

this is one sucky service .. ordered a camera ... waited 3 months ..got an empty box

#155 March 3 2014

MrClass

Hey guys. So i ordered a bunch of pci express riser cards more than a month ago. Singapore Post just updated my tracking info saying "arrived to overseas country (Lebanon)". So what now? Shall I contact Libanpost or will they contact me? Thanks.

#156 March 3 2014

edhunter

I have ordered couple of times from AliExpress and currently have items waiting to be delivered, usually some batteries and spareparts for my RC heli, and from my experience Libanpost brought directly to my address, though it takes between a month or 2 some times.

Ed

#157 March 4 2014

AVOlio

@MrClass
If you wait for them.
They are going to call you eventually.

But if you want it right now.
I think your items most probably are in Jdeideh, if you are in Beirut area.
Call their support, give them your tracking number, and ask them where is your product.

#158 March 4 2014

ironman

MrClass wrote:

Hey guys. So i ordered a bunch of pci express riser cards more than a month ago. Singapore Post just updated my tracking info saying "arrived to overseas country (Lebanon)". So what now? Shall I contact Libanpost or will they contact me? Thanks.

@MrClass, go to their website (libanpost) and input the tracking code (the same one you used on singapore post's website)
they should tell you in which branch your item is located.

#159 March 4 2014

omar_killer

UPDATE on my previous post,3 days ago I received two items,one of them was for free (since the tracking website was showing that it was still in China,so I opened a dispute and got my money back)

#160 March 4 2014

MrClass

Thanks Avolio and ironman. I just checked Libanpost's website and put in the same tracking number. The last log says item is sent to distribution office. Do you recommend waiting for the item to be delivered to my home address or is it better to go to their office and snatch the package? Jdeideh is pretty far for me.

#161 March 4 2014

solo220

@MrClass  I think you should wait until the last log say "Item received at distribution Office" where they will specify which branch,   usually it take one or two days then you could go and collect it from the distribution center , but if the center is far from your location it's better to wait for them it's only a matter of a couple of days only.

#162 March 4 2014

Kassem

Jdeide office won't deliver to your house anymore if you got items from AliExpress. Apparently, they are getting A LOT of items through AliExpress so they decided to ask people to go to the office and pick up their items. Today I collected 6 items I ordered for a friend a little more than a month ago.

#163 March 9 2014

lallous_87

I'm new to this. If I order something, can I choose to pick it up from Liban post. Coz I'm usually not home, and don't have anyone at home. It's easier for me to pick it up from the liban post office.

#164 March 11 2014

georges_2251

I might finally get a case for my Lumia 925!

I would definitely but a stack to go with my outfits, considering it only costs $3 apiece. I'm torn between matte and gel though.

#165 March 16 2014

antolica

Hi guys,
I have ordered 6 items so far from aliexpress on February 4 and received 5 of them in 30-35 days.
But there's this one item ,when i track it ,it shows "export security scan""in customs control warehouse" repeatedly ( http://track-chinapost.com/track_chinapost.php. )

Any idea what this means?

P.S.. i contacted the seller he said nothing to worry about.

#166 March 16 2014

NuclearVision

@Antholica you should wait like 10 more days then open a dispute at aliexpress demanding a replacement or a refund.

#167 March 17 2014

Cpt.Majed

@Kassem 2 days ago i received my items from Aliexpress and they were all delivered to my house by the Libanpost. it's jdeideh office btw
They have more than 2000 items from Aliexpress and they don't have enough workers to process them all so just give them some time.

#168 March 17 2014

aboulfouf

Hello guys,
I have an order where the status on the tracking is NULL since 28/02/2014, but before that it says Departure from Outward Office on 27/02/2014.
Shall I open a dispute about it or wait more.
Thank you,

#169 March 24 2014

B00b

Hello guyz
so i was looking at aliexpress out of curiosity and found some GTX 780 ti for like 70$ / piece i tried setting it to show me the price of 1 item or so but still got this even at the check out ( i didnt buy it ) so im wondering if any of u guys can enlighten me on how this works and how i can properly check prices

#170 March 24 2014

AvoK95

B00b wrote:

Hello guyz
so i was looking at aliexpress out of curiosity and found some GTX 780 ti for like 70$ / piece i tried setting it to show me the price of 1 item or so but still got this even at the check out ( i didnt buy it ) so im wondering if any of u guys can enlighten me on how this works and how i can properly check prices

Why would somebody sell a 780Ti for $70?

#171 March 24 2014

B00b

AvoK95 wrote:
B00b wrote:

Hello guyz

Why would somebody sell a 780Ti for $70?

its exactly what i thought i cant seem to understand where i can view the actual price of things

#172 March 24 2014

lallous_87

Be careful. Some stuff are fake

#173 March 25 2014

longbit

tried it before... avoid suppliers that ships with china airline... it can take up to 2 months with china airline...

#174 April 2 2014

amkahal

Hello guys, anyone tried to buy from DX.com , they claim that shipping is free to Lebanon within 7-10 business days, can anyone confirm?

#175 April 5 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

I saw a DVB-C 1080p box with HDMI and USB for 82$,they are saying it will be delivered with DHL for 20$ more, will they really use DHL or they will end up with Libanpost?
Customs are still in the 20-25% of total price?

Board footer