LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1326 April 17 2020

Flakk

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

xAzarian wrote:

Im planning to buy PC parts from Aliexpress,  is it a good idea to buy right now considering how the shipment will be conducted and whether I will actually receive it in lebanon?

I am recieving my orders from AE normally, libanpost courriers told me that they are operating normally but there may be some delays since not their entire staff is operational.

#1327 April 18 2020

infiniteloop

Flakk wrote:
xAzarian wrote:

Im planning to buy PC parts from Aliexpress,  is it a good idea to buy right now considering how the shipment will be conducted and whether I will actually receive it in lebanon?

I am recieving my orders from AE normally, libanpost courriers told me that they are operating normally but there may be some delays since not their entire staff is operational.

Did you receive something in the last 2 weeks?
I understood that only private couriers are still  bringing things from airport not regular China post, or else I would buy the K20 Pro from AE right away

#1328 April 20 2020

LifeEngineer

Flakk wrote:
xAzarian wrote:

Weird coz I called them a week ago and the Libanpost hotline told me that their offices are totally closed and that they are not working at all, not delivering anything!

#1329 April 20 2020

beezer

Yeah I haven't gotten anything and I haven't seen the Liban post car driving around.

I shipped some documents on the 14th through aramex and it left beirut yesterday. Seems all logistics are slow.

#1330 June 15 2020

infiniteloop

2 items arrived to Beirut after a looooong journey, though one of them is with the customs for 10 days already and the other arrived to the airport 4 days ago but still not with the customs.
Looks like they still work 1/2 day or some staff got fired?

#1331 June 16 2020

beezer

Yeah it's slower but my packages have been arriving. Eventually. I have 4 in customs. Ever since they started limiting the credit card I've been buying useless shit.

#1332 June 16 2020

NuclearVision

I received most things i ordered after april.
However, i have 2 items stuck in post NL since february. (120+ days), one was refunded, the other i'm still waiting for.
Anybody with similar experience?

Last edited by NuclearVision (June 16 2020)

#1333 June 16 2020

wollyka

NuclearVision wrote:

I received most things i ordered after april.
However, i have 2 items stuck in post NL since february. (120+ days), one was refunded, the other i'm still waiting for.
Anybody with similar experience?

Yes, 2 out of 3 parcels through NL never arrived last year and were refunded.

#1334 July 3 2020

infiniteloop

Can someone tell aliexpress dudes that the airport is re-opened in Beirut and so they can resume aliexpress standard shipping as well as China Airmail shipping instead of DHL?
I have many 5-10 $ stuff to buy but they propose DHL or EMS only

#1335 July 3 2020

NuclearVision

it took them months to notice that our airport is closed, hope its not the same for the reopening.

#1336 July 4 2020

infiniteloop

I will tell them over chat , but if we are several people doing the same it will help accelerate things as they will be convinced and pass the word to all sellers, damn if AE resumes standard shipping many Lebanese will be happy :)

#1337 July 4 2020

NuclearVision

honestly, many people including me, have no more interest in ali anymore, i may pay for something i really need, but no more hobby-buying.
Let's say theres something for 20$, this will cost me 200,000 lbp,  would i have paid 133$ for this in the past? I guess not.
Pass for me, for now at least.
Now, i can find the same merchandise locally, for way less, or try and find local alternatives. This is healthier for our economy, we are in need to decrease imports...

#1338 July 4 2020

xazbrat

I am looking for a couple of HDMI splitters----I remember seeing that at katranji a few months ago, but now I get this, so now forced to look elsewhere (I did remember them being obscenely expensive though).   I have found a few at Aliexpress, but the ones I wanted were $3 for the part and $75 for shipping lol, so I continue to wait.

And next time anyone buys a TV, make sure you have at least 4 HDMI ports---2 sucks.

#1339 July 4 2020

Talm

[delete]

Last edited by Talm (July 6 2020)

#1340 July 4 2020

NuclearVision

Production arises from need and not the opposite.
If the market is flooded with china stuff, no one will produce anything.

#1341 July 4 2020

Talm

[delete]

Last edited by Talm (July 6 2020)

#1342 July 7 2020

NuclearVision

I have items stuck in postNL for 150 days, last update in 10/03.
If you guys have similar items, let us know once they are updated, I will do the same.
I was chatting with the seller, and they said we may still receive these, as they weren't returned it to them.
I'm guessing they are just packages sitting at the bottom of some container and waiting to be scanned.

Last edited by NuclearVision (July 8 2020)

#1343 July 8 2020

infiniteloop

I have a screen protection ordered 50 days ago, aliexpress standard shipping, it left China 40 days ago and still nothing, I wonder if Beirut airport is not taking ''cheap'' shipping on purpose to favor local businesses.

Anyway since yesterday I noticed on many items free shipping but when I go to see the details, they just say China to Lebanon, no mention of Aliexpress standard shipping, China airmail or Singapore Post.
Could it be that they are starting to add back these shipments to Lebanon but it will take time to show?

#1344 July 8 2020

duke-of-bytes

i had masks shipped 2 months ago..shown as left china but i doubt...had a dispute and a refund

#1345 July 9 2020

john

Received 2 items yesterday, one ordered less then 3 weeks ago, and the other 7 weeks ago. Still have more then 20 items pending some of which are ordered since the end of April.

#1346 July 22 2020

infiniteloop

I talked again to a chat girl, I told her again that the airport is opened and they should resume standard shipping, but it doesn't look like she understand me.
I am afraid of one thing: this governement has decided to stop aliexpress direct shipments to stop people to buy online with $ and favor local mafias so you pay 5 to 10x for an item here

#1347 July 27 2020

infiniteloop

I have an item that arrived today in libanpost beirut with aliexpress standard shipping, a littlle slower than usual 7 weeks instead of 2-4 from China to Lebanon but it arrived, so I don't understand why all the items above 5$ still don't have China Airmail and AE standard shipping?

#1348 July 27 2020

AvoK95

Anyone else had trouble ordering this month? I was limited to 30,000 LBP

#1349 July 27 2020

wollyka

I cannot order from Aliexpress now except with my USD cards (50$ max), and with most of the sellers only shipping through EMS or DHL (50$+ shipping cost), I cannot order anything

#1350 July 31 2020

Super Official

Is anyone currently experiencing what I am experiencing currently?

I ordered a drive enclosure over 2 months ago and shipping has been slow. 2 weeks or so ago the tracking status changes to "[Beirut] Arrive at the place of delivery" but no further progress has been made. This is the first time something has taken this long to be delivered and I starting to worry that customs do not want to clear this 6$ enclosure I bought.

Board footer