LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#276 August 15 2014

maroun

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

edwed wrote:
georgesmh wrote:

can we choose not to pay for them and send them back and get a refund from AliExpress? I have ordered 2 weeks ago around 13 products. Imagine i have to pay now 25000 on each one of them... i'll be totally screwed... please tell me i cancel this.

Orders that still are in processing mode (not yet shipped) you can ask for full refund and sellers will accept it (tell them the reason and say that you will give a 5 stars feedback after refund, they accept).
For items that were shipped all what you can do is wait to there arrival to lebanon and then i dont know if it is possible to say to libanpost "no i dont want it anymore" since they are responsible for paying our customs now.

By mail law, you can refuse because the mail you are receiving is not necessarily some thing you ordered, it might be some thing been bought for you by a relative (My brother in my case) over the internet as a gift which eventually you can refuse to receive.
if you refuse the shipment should be returned to sender.

#277 August 19 2014

maroun

Hi all,
Hope what i'm  writing below is good news at least for most of you.

After some research here below my findings.
Every international mailing company should describe its service with what they call "Parcel Post Compendium" document, that goes as well for libanpost where they published a description of their service on the universal postal union website. just google "Welcome to the Parcel Post Compendium" and you will find the website.

In Libanpost document under tax exemptions  parcels less than 200,000 lbp or 133 usd are not subject to tax more details can be found in the document check it online.

As for Lebanese customs they can estimate the price as they want.
That explains why chosen2k parcel has been estimated for 210,000.

Another sections describes that the addressee can refuse to pay custom duties and reject receiving the parcel.
Document was last updated Feb 2014

Regards

#278 August 19 2014

Hybrid

According to MTV news, liban post will deliver all the packages (around 100K items held), in the next few days.

#279 August 19 2014

maroun

Great news ,
Thanks

#280 August 19 2014

m.sabra

that's great news,sure item priced between 100$ and 130$ may get estimated at 133$ by customs,but at least our 1~50$ items will be safe.

#281 August 19 2014

maroun

Sorry to disappoint you Sabra read prior posts chosen2k real price was 66 USD and priced by customs for 210,000 even though with the tax we still have great savings relative to prices of local sellers, they were mugging us for a quit long time.
Lets hope they will really unblock the parcels as posted by Hybrid.

#282 August 20 2014

chosen2k

Hey guys, the seller priced my item at $66. They always lower the price on the package. When you buy something for $20 look at the package your receive, the sellers usually put $3 or $2.

The real price of my item was higher than their estimates. I actually paid customs while smiling.

#283 August 21 2014

m_zeid

just searched the internet about any news if libanpost will deliver our items, found nothing.
the problem is that i have two shipments, the first from china (dx.com) and it is around 100$ and the other is from USA (bodybuilding.com) and it is around 250$

#284 August 21 2014

MAS

m_zeid wrote:

just searched the internet about any news if libanpost will deliver our items, found nothing.
the problem is that i have two shipments, the first from china (dx.com) and it is around 100$ and the other is from USA (bodybuilding.com) and it is around 250$

check this :
youtube.com/watch?v=NHs_O1slvV4

#285 August 21 2014

Duath

Does the same law (parcels less than 200,000 lbp are not subject to taxes)  apply to orders from Amazon.com shipped through Borderlinx?

#286 August 21 2014

m_zeid

MAS wrote:
m_zeid wrote:

check this :
youtube.com/watch?v=NHs_O1slvV4

thanks a bunch man :)

#287 August 21 2014

chosen2k

So what can stop them from estimating all packages for +200.000 l.l ?

#288 August 21 2014

m_zeid

chosen2k wrote:

So what can stop them from estimating all packages for +200.000 l.l ?

we can protest!

#289 August 21 2014

maroun

Despite the fact that LibanPost has installed an advanced sorting machine july 22nd  (capable of sorting thousands of mails per day) in the presence of press and LIBANPOST  announcement on MTV August 19th that all goods will be released.
None of my 14 shippments has shown up on LIBANPOST  tracking system as received by sorting center.
I hope that what has been announced is not a morphine shot to calm down people.

for chosen2k inquiry: By Law customs has the right to price received items according to local market prices (hope they price as for burj hammoud and not Hamra prices)  and we can do nothing about, in case of descripancies (we can not close roads to protest) the only thing we can do is little teasing,  by posting these descripancies with evidence into social networks in a constructive manner (so that not to be sued by "KADE& WE ZAM") hopping they might change.

#290 August 21 2014

m_zeid

maroun wrote:

Despite the fact that LibanPost has installed an advanced sorting machine july 22nd  (capable of sorting thousands of mails per day) in the presence of press and LIBANPOST  announcement on MTV August 19th that all goods will be released.
None of my 14 shippments has shown up on LIBANPOST  tracking system as received by sorting center.
I hope that what has been announced is not a morphine shot to calm down people.

for chosen2k inquiry: By Law customs has the right to price received items according to local market prices (hope they price as for burj hammoud and not Hamra prices)  and we can do nothing about, in case of descripancies (we can not close roads to protest) the only thing we can do is little teasing,  by posting these descripancies with evidence into social networks in a constructive manner (so that not to be sued by "KADE& WE ZAM") hopping they might change.

No, we can protest. Not by closing roads, that is a savage act.
But we can go to LebanPost HQ and protest their. "WE WANT OUR GOODS..WE WANT OUR GOODS..."
Media will sure be there, and speaking about my self i have to problem in spending there a whole day since that still better than losing 400$ worth goods.

#291 August 21 2014

maroun

For delivering goods they have already announced that goods will be delivered.
Please check MTV morning news the 20th of August 2014.

For pricing yo cannot protest as long as they abide to customs laws and rules which for pricing is relative.

#292 August 21 2014

Fischer

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT about incoming mail from China

We would like to apologize for all the delays that were out of LibanPost’s control occurring with mail items received from China/ Hong Kong (AliExpress and others). As per The Lebanese Customs’ law, all incoming items with a value less than 200,000 LBP will be exempted from any charges or fees. It is important to note that all incoming items still have to be cleared by the Customs and LibanPost will deliver right after clearance.
LibanPost has started the sorting process of more than 100,000 pending items and delivery will start in the coming days.

Source

#293 August 22 2014

georgesmh

http://youtu.be/KHCTDIfXd08
Finally!
And yes, customs apply to express shipping from borderlink

#294 August 22 2014

chosen2k

Friend of mine just received a package from libanpost with no customs.

He also has some incoming packages from aliexpress that he shipped through Aramex . Will update you if he'll get customs on them.

#295 August 22 2014

Flakk

Im also waiting for a few items from dx.com that i ordered last month. Contacted Libanpost today and they said they are still in customs.
They will contact me when the items are cleared.

#296 August 22 2014

ironman

Duath wrote:

Does the same law (parcels less than 200,000 lbp are not subject to taxes)  apply to orders from Amazon.com shipped through Borderlinx?

I guess not, we will always have to pay customs when we ship through DHL or aramex or etc...

#297 August 23 2014

maroun

Hi all ,
A friend of mine has a parsel with status (Item handed over to Customs for clearance) since  11/8/2014 (according to LIBANPOST tracing system).
It looks like we have another bottleneck for delivering items at customs.
In the compendium of libanpost it is stated that clearance requires 4 hours, which is not the case.

Does any one knows what is the new average time for parcels to be cleared from customs??

#298 August 23 2014

m_zeid

maroun wrote:

Hi all ,
A friend of mine has a parsel with status (Item handed over to Customs for clearance) since  11/8/2014 (according to LIBANPOST tracing system).
It looks like we have another bottleneck for delivering items at customs.
In the compendium of libanpost it is stated that clearance requires 4 hours, which is not the case.

Does any one knows what is the new average time for parcels to be cleared from customs??

Me too have parcel since 24/7

#299 August 24 2014

edwed

Tomorrow I will receive 2 items, they are now in Libanpost office where I live.
The items were handed in customs for more than a month.
But I think in the upcoming days this process will take less time.
I will update you tomorrow.

#300 August 24 2014

m.sabra

i have items in "Sent to airlines" status since 18/7/2014 is it weird that they didn't arrive to Lebanon yet ?

Board footer