LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 4 2013

xerxes

android to ios

hello,

I have switched to IOS from android, can I transfer my contacts list and whatsapp chat to iphone?

#2 August 4 2013

AvoK95

Re: android to ios

If your contacts were synchronized with your Gmail account in your Android phone, yes you can, by signing into your Gmail account in your iPhone. I don't know about WhatsApp, however they probably mentioned how to do it in their website or something. If they don't, well.. Google is your friend

#3 August 4 2013

Fischer

Re: android to ios

I know for sure that if you have switched from android to android then your whatsapp will be synced, you just have to type your phone number. Whatsapp will know that you are still using your account and will sync everything for you. I don't know about IOS. but should be the same, since it's a server side operation, platform independent, in other words, you should just type your number and you'd still have everything.

As for android, as AvoK95 said, if your contacts are synced with your gmail you should be able to do it, if not then, you may be able to use apps like super backup on android, backup, upload the file to dropbox, go to iphone, download the file and restore, that should work in theory (i'm not 100% sure because never tried to move from android to iphone but should work)

Last edited by Fischer (August 4 2013)

Board footer