LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 October 11 2013

maulader

Re: Shop and Ship or Borderlinx

rtwo2008 wrote:

Needless to say I stopped dealing with them, and I stopped using any of those US address bozos.

So, how do you ship items then?

#27 October 19 2013

NofaceNoshape

Received my shipment today,

*DHL Service cost 37$ (5/27/5$ for Insurance/Freight/Fuel) Weight was 1.5KG
*While Taxes, I had to pay 25% of items value for customs, 8$ for clearance (Vat included) few dollars for stamps + customs overtime (4$) and an additional 10% VAT on [Value+Customs Duty]

Borderlinx estimate was a bit "misleading", I had to pay 1.6x more. Not so good.
Whatever, I needed those items and honestly I didn't care.

Edit: My Shipment Included a Computer Part, a Soundcard.

Last edited by NofaceNoshape (October 19 2013)

#28 October 19 2013

DNA

please can you tell us what was the price of the items you bought online and what amount did you pay in total (including shipping).

#29 November 16 2013

Aly

I have ordered the Lenovo Ideapad Y510p from Amazon (the Dual 750M SLI - Full HD version) for 959$ and I am shipping it with borderlinx even though I own a Shopandship account, I will let you know how it goes once I get it and how much I had to pay.

#30 November 16 2013

rtwo2008

maulader wrote:
rtwo2008 wrote:

Needless to say I stopped dealing with them, and I stopped using any of those US address bozos.

So, how do you ship items then?

I don't, I am trying to get everything I need from Dubai when friends go, and sometimes USA when relatives come etc...
Unless it is an item I can't live without, I will not take allow them to rip me off this way.

#31 November 19 2013

natim

What about shipping things from china
What is the lowest shipping method ?

#32 November 20 2013

amkahal

natim wrote:

What about shipping things from china
What is the lowest shipping method ?

China Air Mail, it's for free but takes from 15 to 60 days.

#33 December 9 2013

ironman

Guys, anyone shipping from the US before Christmas? so we share shipping fees?

Thanks

#34 December 9 2013

AVOlio

Guys, anyone shipping anything from outside? Amazon specifically.
Or maybe just happens to be coming from outside.
I want to orders some small items from Amazon,if anyone can help me with it.

#35 December 10 2013

ironman

AVOlio, i just posted before you if you want to order items, i am ordering too from amazon if you want, so we can share shipping fees, interested?

#36 December 10 2013

AVOlio

Oh i thought that was meant to be like just to share the bills and invoices and tell it here, not actually pay together.
Anyway, my order is small, it wont even reach 0,5Kg.
Ill PM you.

#37 December 12 2013

DarkNe0441

Hey guys, I want to ship an Xbox One from Amazon. I already have a Shop & Ship account and shipped before, but I want to know the customs on electronics and the estimate of how much extra I'll have to pay.

Thanks!

#38 December 30 2013

chassis

guys i want to order an audio technica ath-m50 from amazon, i have signed up with borderlinx and i have my US address, the product costs 122$, any idea on what the final price would be (estimate). and what i should do next?, estimated time of arrival ?, oh and is borderlinx better than shop and ship? i'm sorry but i still didn't didn't quite grasp which is better

thank you

#39 December 31 2013

Prince

chassis wrote:

guys i want to order an audio technica ath-m50 from amazon, i have signed up with borderlinx and i have my US address, the product costs 122$, any idea on what the final price would be (estimate). and what i should do next?, estimated time of arrival ?, oh and is borderlinx better than shop and ship? i'm sorry but i still didn't didn't quite grasp which is better

thank you

How much does it weigh?

#40 January 1 2014

Aly

chassis wrote:

thank you

I have both Shopandship and Borderlinx account, and by far borderlinx is better imo, first you have to use their calculator to get an estimation of the shipping and taxes fees, you need your item price, shipping weight and box dimension (not necessary since its one small item), you can get the shipping weight from Amazon under product details.
Borderlinx has 2 flights per week as far as they informed me, on Tuesdays and Fridays each week, once Amazon ships your item to your US address and it appears in your suite, make sure to release your shipment before 16:00 on those days in order to catch that flight.
If you release it on Tuesday you will get your item in Lebanon the next Tuesday and same goes for Friday.

#41 January 1 2014

Prince

Guys i have some items that it will be delivered to my US Suit tomorrow on 2:00 am  Lebanon Time 8:00 pm USA/Ohio    let's hope they will arrive to there destination
Next they will be delivered  to Lebanon hope that (الجمارك)  wont add a high custom Tax's

Last edited by Prince (January 1 2014)

#42 January 2 2014

amkahal

Prince wrote:

Guys i have some items that it will be delivered to my US Suit tomorrow on 2:00 am  Lebanon Time 8:00 pm USA/Ohio    let's hope they will arrive to there destination
Next they will be delivered  to Lebanon hope that (الجمارك)  wont add a high custom Tax's

I'm waiting for your feedback.

#43 January 7 2014

Prince

guys my item are on there way now to Lebanon the shipment tothe US suit was  delivered  with no problems and DHL asked me about the full info of the item to do the custom for (الجمارك)

Last edited by Prince (January 7 2014)

#44 January 9 2014

Prince

I received my items today @ 12:30 pm Lebanon time

#45 January 9 2014

AVOlio

Guys , please.
Whoever is thinking of buying and shipping stuff from amazon, and has to pay quite an amount for shipping anyway.
Please let us know here in the thread, perhaps you could help out a fellow member by ordering something for them with your order.

Like me for example.
Thank you.

#46 January 9 2014

amkahal

Prince wrote:

tell us about additional fees please.

#47 January 10 2014

Prince

amkahal wrote:
Prince wrote:

tell us about additional fees please.

Shipment was 22.30 $ the total weight of the items was 0.580

15 $ ===> Shipments fee
5 $ ===> insurances fee

and for Custom fee was 17.80 $ the original prince was 66,80 $

Last edited by Prince (January 10 2014)

#48 October 27 2014

edrons

MrClass wrote:

Now regarding Clearance, default amount is 11,000LL if the item costs less than 800$. But if you shipped many items where each is less than 800$ but the total cost for all is above 800$, do I still need a formal clearance? Tasfieh is needed if the item cost ranges between 0$ and 1666$; Tasfieh costs 190000LL. Bayan is needed if the item cost is above 1666$; Bayan costs 405000L.L.

MrClass,
Did you get the answer regarding what happens if each item is less than 800$ but the total cost for all is above 800$ ? I'm having the same question and wondering if it's better to ship in separate packages
thx

#49 November 24 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

can i pay cash for borderlinx?

#50 November 24 2014

Ramnesia

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

can i pay cash for borderlinx?

you pay cash for shipping and customs fees when your items arrive at your door step.

Board footer