LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 June 29 2014

TrollFatGuy

Re: Feedback for WISE

They have not updated the prices yet, though I suspect they will early July.

#102 June 29 2014

m_zeid

Elied wrote:

Any idea why the WISE 3G service is still at the same price ? I mean they lowered the 3G prices already why is 5gb still for 75$ ? Sort of a rip off, would be just cheaper to subscribe to 3G on my phone and use it as a hotspot.

Honestly i have no idea, but i would say they forgot to update the info :)

#103 June 29 2014

m_zeid

TrollFatGuy wrote:

actually yes they did, check again.

http://wise.net.lb/web/adsl.jsp?id=2

from the left menu choose adsl, then packages.

#104 June 30 2014

Ruroken

m_zeid wrote:
TrollFatGuy wrote:

actually yes they did, check again.

from the left menu choose adsl, then packages.

But they haven't updated the Wireless (Box) packages, right?

#105 June 30 2014

TrollFatGuy

I thought he meant the 3G prices, my bad. And by the way, anyone annoyed on how wise does not provide the 4Mbps for lass than 77$?

#106 June 30 2014

Aly

Wise is offering the 4Mbps with 80GB for 77$ while IDM and Cyberia have the 4 Mbps Unlimited for 75$
In addition check this chart:
http://wise.net.lb/web/adslMigration.jsp

They decide which plan they want to move you to, instead of asking you what you want

#107 July 1 2014

TrollFatGuy

Anyone else still waiting for the upgrade in speed? Got my quota update yet the speed is still the same...

#108 July 1 2014

Aly

WISE released a new set of plans, which are way better now:

#109 July 1 2014

m_zeid

Aly wrote:

WISE released a new set of plans, which are way better now:

yes much better

they still have to do something with 8M speeds, we need plans reasonable priced and more competitive with other ISPs

#110 July 2 2014

longbit

can you explain more m_zeid? with examples... what's on your mind ?

#111 July 2 2014

Ruroken

@Longbit, question, it's impossible to have more than 1Mb speed on the Wise Box? and whats the limitation?

#112 July 2 2014

m_zeid

longbit wrote:

can you explain more m_zeid? with examples... what's on your mind ?

okay
if you check the plans there are 3 options for 2M speed and 4 options for 4M speed, but only one for 6-8M.

Maybe a new plan like 6-8M70 will be very good, I know that I'll subscribe to that!
and it's also possible to add another one in the midpoint like 6-8M90, it's a plus but not necessary IMHO.

Ogero for example. have the plan: 6-8M60 for 65000, so the suggested plan 6-8M70 should be slightly over that, maybe 75000.
I estimated that number by looking at the difference between: 2M45=19$ and 2M55=27$. And also comparing 2M45=19$ with ogero's 2M40=24,000 L.L

#113 July 2 2014

m_zeid

Ruroken wrote:

@Longbit, question, it's impossible to have more than 1Mb speed on the Wise Box? and whats the limitation?

I think it's the hardware it self, since the wireless technology can handle more, and their backbone is able to provide more speeds.

cheers

#114 July 2 2014

Roudykh

anybody know if the new dsl plans are subject to FUP? nothing is mentioned on their website.

#115 July 2 2014

m_zeid

Roudykh wrote:

anybody know if the new dsl plans are subject to FUP? nothing is mentioned on their website.

AFAIK FUP is NOT applied.

they didn't apply FUP before the upgrades on the unlimited plan, and I don't think they will do it now.
Plus, we still have unlimited night traffic unlike ogero and other ISPs.
all of these are really appreciated, I'm glad that I'm with wise :)

#116 July 2 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

are wise pings good? my result is 78ms for orange paris server(i'm with ogero)

#117 July 2 2014

mmk92

I've been subscribed to WISE BOX and DSL for 6 years, they never had any FUP on any of their bundles.

#118 July 2 2014

Elied

Any idea if the WISE box is getting some new packages or upgrades ? In terms of speed that is.

#119 July 3 2014

longbit

i'll see what will happen to the wise box plans... PS i don't think it is a hardware limitation problem.
and guys i need your opinion about the migration, you think it was fair ? how it can be made better... anything...

Last edited by longbit (July 3 2014)

#120 July 3 2014

longbit

ok...
1- all Quota's on wise-box have doubled... as for speed you can reach a 1.5m speed depending on the base station and other factors.
2- the transition fees from unlimited plans to limited and vice versa dropped to 5000LL. it was 54$ i guess...
3- as for the price of the 6-8m plans, it is high for reason, we don't want to encourage our customers to switch to it AT THE MEAN TIME, because the backbone between the CO's will not support it, we have some concerns... so until that is fixed we will stick to the current prices...
@m_zeid you made a nice point about the 6-8M70 plan, but for the reasons mentioned above we will stick to the current one, but be sure tha tyour opnion (everyone's opinion) is taken seriously into consideration.
4- 3g prices dropped before MOT decrease the cost on us... we decided to take the heat to be fair and equal with the wisebox and DSL customers.

#121 July 3 2014

Ruroken

@longbit, concerning the Wise box, what are the other factors that you mentioned? and how can i make sure if i'm close to the base station or if i can reach a speed of 1.5m?

#122 July 3 2014

longbit

@Ruroken factors such as saturation... the usual stuff that slows down your connection.

#123 July 3 2014

m_zeid

longbit wrote:

ok...
1- all Quota's on wise-box have doubled... as for speed you can reach a 1.5m speed depending on the base station and other factors.
2- the transition fees from unlimited plans to limited and vice versa dropped to 5000LL. it was 54$ i guess...
3- as for the price of the 6-8m plans, it is high for reason, we don't want to encourage our customers to switch to it AT THE MEAN TIME, because the backbone between the CO's will not support it, we have some concerns... so until that is fixed we will stick to the current prices...
@m_zeid you made a nice point about the 6-8M70 plan, but for the reasons mentioned above we will stick to the current one, but be sure tha tyour opnion (everyone's opinion) is taken seriously into consideration.
4- 3g prices dropped before MOT decrease the cost on us... we decided to take the heat to be fair and equal with the wisebox and DSL customers.

Great news!
lowering transition fees is  very nice move.
about 6-8M plan, no problem. We got used to WISE honesty, they announce about things only when they are possible.

Just a question, as far as you know, are we using fiber links between COs? Because my latency didn't improve, yet.

#124 July 4 2014

longbit

@m_zeid that is exactly why we are not making the 6-8 M plan easy to get (cost wise). the upgrade that was done it was only on international links, they gave us the upgrades that we've been asking for, for more than 1 year. the upgrade didn't include the local backbone between CO's, they added few CO's in some area's that didn't have dsl, that's all...
they talked about a local fiber backbone few years ago... but nothing yet.
hopefully the next step MOT will start working on good backbone/infrastructure.

#125 July 4 2014

trent

@longbit, mind if I ask what sort of links are currently in place between CO's? and how are CO's connected to private ISP's gateways?

At least some good news on getting the international links, even after more than a year!

Board footer