LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 May 27 2014

longbit

Re: Feedback for WISE

Wise DSL has a decent latency and no jitters, as for the wise box, it's fast, but imo it is not the perfect option for gaming, some people use it for gaming but its latency is not stable all the time... are you sure that DSL is no option?

#77 May 28 2014

Ruroken

@longbit, thanks for the quick reply. Sadly DSL is not an option cz first i still dont have a landline installed and second because the Ogero infrastructure is quite bad and the maximum speed i would get is either 512 or 256. As for the Wise box, how many lights is required in order to secure a good signal? Would three be fine or i need to max the 5 lights? As for gaming, latency is not stable as in it keeps going up and down or its just steady but not low? Thanks for all the answers :)

#78 May 28 2014

Ruroken

It has also been stated that there is an unlimited package, is that only for DSL or also for the wireless?

#79 May 29 2014

Elied

@Ruroken I am using the wise box for gaming since it was also my only viable option, currently subscribed to the 8gb plan. The pings to europe are generally 400-600 during the day on most online games I play (LoL, WoW, rgc and so on) although it does go down to 100-130 during low hours ie: during the early morning or late at night. This is while the signal is maxed out. The pings might be abit high but they are mostly stable so you'll just get used to planning your moves ahead, makes it more challenging which I personally like.

#80 May 29 2014

Ruroken

Thanks for the reply Elied. This is quite sad as i was hoping for a lower ping especially during the rush hour or at least the hours when i play online. I'm mainly playing LoL these days and i get your point about having a stable but high latency so you get used to that delay. But it's still gonna suck cz others will have an automatic advantage over you. Anyways, i'm gonna try the Wise box anyway as the cable internet i have now is a mess and ping keeps going up and down, which is way worse than high stable ping. Thanks again for the feedback :).

#81 May 29 2014

longbit

@Ruroken: 3 lights is great, and no unlimited plans for the wise box so far. Elied answered most of your questions. am sorry for the DSL. the infrastructure is a major issue that it is not being addressed, MOT should fix it before thinking about providing higher speeds.
@Elied: embracing the lag.... I salut you, you've got big balls

Last edited by longbit (May 29 2014)

#82 June 1 2014

Ruroken

Well i installed the wise box and started using it two days ago. But i've been noticing a lot of "request timed out" that it's affecting the quality of the internet. Is there anyway to fix that, and would the support be able to help me with it? You're input is highly appreciated longbit. :)

#83 June 2 2014

longbit

it's all about the signal and the disconnections... call the technical support and ask them to check the signal quality and if your have any disconnections, co-operate with them to put it in a location where you can get good signal and no disconnections.

#84 June 2 2014

Ruroken

I will give them a call when im at home tonight, but when you say signal you mean how many lights are on? Cz i am constantly getting four to five lights on and the request timed outs are still happening.

#85 June 2 2014

mmk92

Does anyone know about any upgrades on the WISE DSL packages?

#86 June 2 2014

longbit

@Ruroken four lights is great, usually 3 lights are enough... but sometimes you might have 5 lights but with some disconnections.. out tech team will check for that immediately.
@mmk92 i'll check with the sales department tomorrow and let you know.

#87 June 3 2014

m_zeid

mmk92 wrote:

Does anyone know about any upgrades on the WISE DSL packages?

called sales dept, but she had no idea since the administration still didn't release their decisions.
and she had no idea if the new plans will start on 1st July, or if it will be exponential upgrade.

#88 June 5 2014

mmk92

NOOO, I was looking forward for a quota free summer

Hopefully they'll surprise us sometime soon while our ogero friends will swim in quota next month.

#89 June 6 2014

longbit

@mmk92 i guess no one will beat the other for the new plans

#90 June 6 2014

mmk92

http://wise.net.lb/web/resources/mainbanner3/1.png

Such a vague ad. What do you guys predict the speeds will be? Too good to be true?

#91 June 6 2014

m_zeid

mmk92 wrote:

http://wise.net.lb/web/resources/mainbanner3/1.png

Such a vague ad. What do you guys predict the speeds will be? Too good to be true?

that ad is an old one.
the unlimited plan is  less than 1mbps.
planned before to switch to it. but never tried it though and waiting for the new plans

#92 June 8 2014

longbit

the quality of service is 30% less then the normal plans... to be honest it won't be fair to give unlimited plans with the same quality as the normal plans and with less price... you ave to distinguish it for the normal plan, otherwise it would be like telling the customers "you can get 1 mbps speed with 12G quota for 30$ or you can get 1mbps with unlimited quota !!!" , there isn't unlimited plan in lebanon that does not have downfalls, the thing is we choose to tell out customers about that before they buy it instead of just selling false dreams 
PS: for example the unlimited plan comes with a private ip unlike to normal ones...
and yes it is old, wit the new prices and plan being cooked, i think the unlimited plans might become bit useless (that ism personal opinion not the company's vision )

Last edited by longbit (June 8 2014)

#93 June 18 2014

m_zeid

@longbit
any news about the upgrades?
we passed half the month, and still the other half.
I hope you give us any news.

#94 June 19 2014

m_zeid

@longbit

another question please, are static ip addresses available? and how much they cost?

because I was going to buy the 25$ worth Plus Managed DNS package from noip.com but it seems it is only for one domain and i want to host two domains (blogs), so maybe static ip + dns server will be better?!

#95 June 25 2014

TrollFatGuy

Guys, less than a week till the new plans! Anyways, I do have an update on this topic; I have been nagging for weeks about the new plans to the "Wise Guys", and they have memorized my name  They said that they have no immediate information on what is going to happen on July 1st (yeah right) and what is most likely to happen is that they will upgrade our plans as they "deem fit", and we will have the option to change our plans for August.

That's about it.

If anyone has learned otherwise, please inform us and thanks.

#96 June 25 2014

m_zeid

Well the "Wise guys" from sales and tech support (they threw me like a hot potato between them) told me that they know nothing by now, but i insisted to know if we will see any upgrades on 1st july and tech guy said yeah, and i think (if i got him well) that we will have the chance to choose our plans on the first days of July.

#97 June 25 2014

Elied

reat News! Starting 1st of July, the quota will double on all our WISE Box plans. More updates will follow soon on other WISE services, Stay Tuned!

That's what they put on the website, I guess we'll just have to wait a little bit more to know the rest.

#98 June 27 2014

Aly

http://wise.net.lb/web/adsl.jsp?id=2

Wise new ripoff plans, applicable July 1st (thanks god), 4M and 6-8M plans are a total ripoff in addition to the extra GB price which is 2$ instead of 2000LL which is 50% more than any other ISP.

On the other hand, I am satisfied with their connection, prices are higher but you get a good connection with low latency:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3590274355

Last edited by Aly (June 28 2014)

#99 June 29 2014

m_zeid

Aly wrote:

http://wise.net.lb/web/adsl.jsp?id=2

Wise new ripoff plans, applicable July 1st (thanks god), 4M and 6-8M plans are a total ripoff in addition to the extra GB price which is 2$ instead of 2000LL which is 50% more than any other ISP.

On the other hand, I am satisfied with their connection, prices are higher but you get a good connection with low latency:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3590274355

shitt!!!

they ruined my 8mbps dreams :(
i'm with 1M12 and I hope they transfer me to: 2M55
can we choose now what we want?

#100 June 29 2014

Elied

Any idea why the WISE 3G service is still at the same price ? I mean they lowered the 3G prices already why is 5gb still for 75$ ? Sort of a rip off, would be just cheaper to subscribe to 3G on my phone and use it as a hotspot.

Board footer