LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#301 September 15 2017

TrollFatGuy

Re: Feedback for WISE

They probably just forgot about your deal and, since they cannot upgrade after the 25th of the month (Aug 25), started giving excuses as to why they need to make you wait another month (or at least until your payment for the unlimited plan gets accepted). I used to like this ISP; now, not so much.

#302 September 15 2017

Nemesis-301

I talked with idm, and they can issue a switch which is immediate, so I will change my isp without having to wait anytime
Went with idm because of unlimited nights

#303 October 12 2017

ralphbr

Anyone knows what is the speed of wise box at full range (5 green lights).
Their website says that it is near 2Mbs (around 256Kb/s), shouldn't that speed be higher?

#304 November 14 2017

mmk92

Any of you guys attempt to use a VDSL router with WISE?

#305 July 16 2018

Nemesis-301

cCjEo3L.png

Just wanted to show you guys why this isp are not only incompetent but also thieves, thats an additional 4GB on a 35.5GB download (11.2% more)

edit: btw I had just left this download overnight and nobody else used it during this time period

Last edited by Nemesis-301 (July 16 2018)

#306 July 16 2018

new_user

Nemesis-301 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/cCjEo3L.png

Just wanted to show you guys why this isp are not only incompetent but also thieves, thats an additional 4GB on a 35.5GB download (11.2% more)

edit: btw I had just left this download overnight and nobody else used it during this time period

Were there any phones or tablets connected to wifi during this period? Phones might automatically update all their apps if this option is selected and they usually do that overnight. Also apple devices might upload and download your images and videos to and from icloud. If u have an iphone and an ipad for example the iphone might be uploading the images and the ipad downloading them so u end up using double the quota.

#307 July 16 2018

Nemesis-301

There are 0 apple devices at my house, play store updates are disables on all phones, windows updates are also disabled for pc.
This was done overnight nobody else was using

#308 July 16 2018

nosense

I just don't think a company is willing to lose their customers and integrity over couple of gigabytes, if you wanna prove this, disable wifi and use only an ethernet cable, and put a monitoring software on your PC while you download and show us the results next day. If this is true, it is stealing and a huge crime.

Edit: I had a previous case with Cyberia where I noticed more quota used than supposed to, turns out they added the quota used after 11 pm that one night instead of being free, they fixed it and it never re-occurred.

Last edited by nosense (July 16 2018)

#309 July 16 2018

Nemesis-301

Yes, I will run this test again as you suggested @aliessayli
But its gonna be next month, cause am already low in my quota

Board footer