LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#276 June 14 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Re: Feedback for WISE

Wise box is limited to 512k/s speed?
Wisemax doesn't have unlimited download at night?

#277 November 26 2016

LebMike

vegetaleb wrote:

Wisemax doesn't have unlimited download at night?

Their website states:
"Free Traffic
Midnight till 6am"

This is stated in the section describing Wisemax service.

Last edited by LebMike (November 26 2016)

#278 January 14 2017

Nemesis-301

1) its 14-Jan-17, and I've used so far 33 GB and have been under fair usage policy for the past 4 days, speed is maximum 40kb/s
and I need 50kb/s to at least be able to play CSGO online.
2) when I was with sodetel I used to be able to download 100 GB a month, doesn't seem I can do it with wise
3) I called their technical support and they have no idea how the fair usage policy works, when it kicks in, when it stops.... nothing
4) how I wish I had switched to ogero instead

EDIT: I am subscribed to 1mb "unlimited", more like 0.4mb unlimited

Last edited by Nemesis-301 (January 14 2017)

#279 May 10 2017

Ahmad_S111

hi guys my user name in account management in wise has been removed, when i contacted support they told me that since i switched to unlimited i no longer need it? is it true? i use it to refill my account. i'm new to wise sorry for the noob question

#280 July 19 2017

TrollFatGuy

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you are subscribed to the 2MB unlimited plan like I am. I have a few questions and some tricks to point out but would rather message them privately. Message me or reply here, I don't mind.

#281 July 19 2017

Aly

TrollFatGuy wrote:

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you are subscribed to the 2MB unlimited plan like I am. I have a few questions and some tricks to point out but would rather message them privately. Message me or reply here, I don't mind.

Hello, I am with WISE as well and subscribed to the 2 Mbps unlimited, what are your findings ?

#282 July 26 2017

Nemesis-301

Guys, please call wise and complain that they don't have unlimited nights like idm, cyberia have...
maybe if they hear multiple complaints on the same issue, they might do something about it

ask to talk to nathalie from the customer satisfaction unit...

#283 July 26 2017

Silentcontrol

Instead of tryimg to change a company's policy try switching to a new provider. It is way easier and more feasible.

#284 July 26 2017

Nemesis-301

Silentcontrol wrote:

Instead of tryimg to change a company's policy try switching to a new provider. It is way easier and more feasible.

I know, but I really can't wait 2 months without internet...

#285 July 26 2017

Toufic

2 months :s

Where are you staying ?

It used to be 2 months... now it's a matter of 2 to 3 weeks tops. Try with Ogero, they seem to be doing a good job. (Go on twitter and ask Musta... never hurts to try)

And trust me, if you have bad internet... sacrificing a couple of weeks to get good internet beats having a bad service forever !

#286 July 26 2017

Khalil7

Talked to fouad sayegh yesterday to change my isp from cyberia to ogero, he told me that i'm going to be switched withen 3 days without the need to go to any central office

#287 July 27 2017

Aly

#288 July 31 2017

Sebas98619

Khalil7 wrote:

Talked to fouad sayegh yesterday to change my isp from cyberia to ogero, he told me that i'm going to be switched withen 3 days without the need to go to any central office

Hey, did they really switch you to ogero in  3 days ??

#289 July 31 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Sebas98619 wrote:
Khalil7 wrote:

I am interested in what cyberia need time to switch, i asked mobi the turtle they need 30-45 DAYS =D

#290 July 31 2017

Khalil7

Sebas98619 wrote:
Khalil7 wrote:

Nop, not in 3 days, still on cyberia for now, but he demanded me today morning to send the id card photo to a WA # and he told me that the switch is going to happen tomorrow for sure

#291 August 1 2017

Khalil7

Khalil7 wrote:
Sebas98619 wrote:
Khalil7 wrote:

Nop, not in 3 days, still on cyberia for now, but he demanded me today morning to send the id card photo to a WA # and he told me that the switch is going to happen tomorrow for sure

Apparently, it still takes a month to switch to ogero

#292 August 2 2017

Sebas98619

Khalil7 wrote:
Khalil7 wrote:
Sebas98619 wrote:

Apparently, it still takes a month to switch to ogero

I talked to them on twitter, they told me it won't take that long. Still awaiting further details.

#293 August 2 2017

Aly

I got switched to Open Speed 90GB account from Wise, starting August 1st connection is fantastic, let's hope it stays this way.
Speedtest to Wise server:
IMG_201708021619190.png

Speedtest to another Lebanese ISP (Terranet):
IMG_201708021619191.png

International speedtest to Germany:
IMG_201708021619192.png

#294 August 4 2017

partam

can you please try Speedtest to a Cyprus network or France or USA...

#295 August 4 2017

mmk92

I'm still at 4mbps even though I have OS90. Last time we got a speed upgrade it took wise 8 freaking months and at least 6 phone calls over a period of 2 months till they finally upgraded me from 1 to 2mbps.

Also before the end of July I called and asked for an upgrade to OS180, they said they were halting all upgrades till September. Their customer server was very good for a long while but the past year has been quiet shitty.

Did anyone here go through the quick process of switching from WISE to Ogero? If the internet downtown would be less than a week I'd be more than willing to switch at this point.

#296 August 4 2017

Aly

@Partam, sure here you go:
Cyprus
6512954938.png

France
6512957466.png

UK
6512961771.png

USA
6512965412.png

@mmk92, I called them as well before the end of July, they told me the same (upgrades are halted right now as per Ogero's request). I told them my DSP is Pesco and the rate is already open on the modem (syncing 16 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up) so it is just a flip of a switch from Wise's side and I don't want to waste a full month (August) stuck on the 2 Mbps unlimited ... when the agent heard this he said please stay on hold and he went back 1 mins later and said "Ok sir no problem just send us an email asking which plan you want" ... I did and they were honest and I got upgraded to this open speed starting August 1st.

#297 September 4 2017

Sebas98619

Hey just want to share my most recent experience with wise. So basically I am about 2.8 km away from the centrale with a max rate of about 3.4 mbps. Anyway, on the old plan( 2 mbps unlimited) I used to get 1 mbps and they told me that is the max I can get. Then magically, I started getting 2 mbps. But in recent months, I got reverted back to 1 mbps. Now I am on open speed and still getting 1 mbps. I called them and they told me I am far from the centrale and that I cannot get more than 1. I insisted that I used to get 2 but he said that I never got 2 mbps according to some saved history about my account. What's funnier is that another employee told me there is a problem with my line and that I should be getting 2.5-3 mbps. They goddamn love making excuses.

#298 September 14 2017

Nemesis-301

Here's my experience with this shitty ISP

TO:     support@wise.net.lb; csu@wise.net.lb

Dear whoever the hell gets this message,

first of all open the attached email and read that I sent a request to be upgraded to open speed on 01/August 1:32 P.M
you told me to wait till September 1 to be upgraded... I didn't argue
when September 1 came and I didn't receive the upgrade I called, and your excuse was that you have to do a feasibility test first.
I don't know why this is a requirement, and even if it is you had the ENTIRE month of August to do it, but you waited until september to start, why? incompetence? laziness? lack of organization?

you know I have 2 friends, 1 is with ogero, the other with idm, they also requested open speeds and they both got upgraded beginning of september, meanwhile I am still on 2MB unlimited and its 15/September

oh another thing, when I wanted to subscribe to you, you also told me that you needed to do a feasibility test and told me it takes 2 weeks max, and you called me in 1 week, why was the process faster before? was it because I was a new customer and you wanted to impress?

just make a note that the only reason I am still subscribed to your services is because it takes 2 months to subscribe to a new ISP.

so for the love of God, for once, do what's necessary and give me results
Don't call me with more excuses

#299 September 14 2017

TheLebGeek

Nemesis-301 wrote:

Here's my experience with this shitty ISP

TO:     support@wise.net.lb; csu@wise.net.lb

Dear whoever the hell gets this message,

first of all open the attached email and read that I sent a request to be upgraded to open speed on 01/August 1:32 P.M
you told me to wait till September 1 to be upgraded... I didn't argue
when September 1 came and I didn't receive the upgrade I called, and your excuse was that you have to do a feasibility test first.
I don't know why this is a requirement, and even if it is you had the ENTIRE month of August to do it, but you waited until september to start, why? incompetence? laziness? lack of organization?

you know I have 2 friends, 1 is with ogero, the other with idm, they also requested open speeds and they both got upgraded beginning of september, meanwhile I am still on 2MB unlimited and its 15/September

oh another thing, when I wanted to subscribe to you, you also told me that you needed to do a feasibility test and told me it takes 2 weeks max, and you called me in 1 week, why was the process faster before? was it because I was a new customer and you wanted to impress?

just make a note that the only reason I am still subscribed to your services is because it takes 2 months to subscribe to a new ISP.

so for the love of God, for once, do what's necessary and give me results
Don't call me with more excuses

It doesn't take a month to switch to ogero

#300 September 14 2017

AVOlio

Exactly.
Switch to Ogero.
Even if you stay without internet for one week, two weeks, one months (it will take max 2 weeks), even that, you will have peace of mind, and you will never think about internet ever again.

Board footer