LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#251 April 19 2015

KingVip3r

Re: Feedback for WISE

Truepeace wrote:

"In an effort to enhance the quality of service during night time for our DSL customers, the free night traffic feature will remain only available on our 1M and 2M unlimited plans, effective 1st of May 2015."
Noobs.
At least IDM announced a 3$ extra fee for reactivating it.

*crying* I was so surprised because i have tons of games to update so lets say 30 GB per month and i have a quota of 45 GB so im gonna run out of capacity in a week max!!!!

#252 May 26 2015

georges_1

i have a 4mb 60gb conx and wise i was pretty happy with it until wise canceled the free night download. so i am thinking of downgrading to the 2mb unlimited but it is more expensive it costs 55$ per month and i am afraid of it being slow i download movies and series and sometimes play online on my xbox. any opinion on the 2mb any has it ?

#253 May 31 2015

DANGER

Dont even think about it, its slow as F***

#254 June 11 2015

BetterGoogleIt

People how is the ping over the Wise Black Box?

#255 June 11 2015

Ruroken

Last time i used WISE via the black box was couple of months ago and ping was terrible. Switched to WINS from Sodetel, ping is better but regardless it's not suitable for online gaming, even when you get a ping of 80ms you still lag.

#256 November 30 2015

DarkNe0441

Has anyone been experiencing issues with WISE lately? The service has been horrid this past week, ping ranging around 1000-2000 MS around 3-4 PM+, even my modem has been restarting by itself, called support over 4 times, mixed answers, proceeded through removing all phones, replacing all filters, etc etc etc to no avail. Speed is great but ping is stupidly high on every single game and the senseless restarting of the router is just way too annoying.

#257 November 30 2015

Aly

DarkNe0441 wrote:

Has anyone been experiencing issues with WISE lately? The service has been horrid this past week, ping ranging around 1000-2000 MS around 3-4 PM+, even my modem has been restarting by itself, called support over 4 times, mixed answers, proceeded through removing all phones, replacing all filters, etc etc etc to no avail. Speed is great but ping is stupidly high on every single game and the senseless restarting of the router is just way too annoying.

No problem here and ping below 100 ms stable, it has been like this for months.
Modem restarting by itself, looks like a modem problem and not ISP.

#258 December 29 2015

Sebas98619

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask is the wise 1 mbps unlimited subjected to FUP ? And is the ogero unlimited package subjected to fup ? Thanks

#259 December 29 2015

Raficoo

Sebas98619 wrote:

And is the ogero unlimited package subjected to fup ? Thanks

There is absolutely no FUP on any of Ogero's plans, I downloaded 55GBs these 3 days and there was no decrease of speed or increase of ping, that's been the case since I subscribed to Ogero's 2mbit/s unlimited plan back in August 2014.

#260 December 29 2015

Sebas98619

Raficoo wrote:
Sebas98619 wrote:

And is the ogero unlimited package subjected to fup ? Thanks

There is absolutely no FUP on any of Ogero's plans, I downloaded 55GBs these 3 days and there was no decrease of speed or increase of ping, that's been the case since I subscribed to Ogero's 2mbit/s unlimited plan back in August 2014.

Thanks ! Highly considering switching to ogero. But the long wait would be frustrating.

#261 December 29 2015

Sebas98619

Is wise's 1 mbit/s unlimited package subjected to fup ?

#262 December 29 2015

Aly

Sebas98619 wrote:

Is wise's 1 mbit/s unlimited package subjected to fup ?

Yes it is subject to FUP.

#263 December 31 2015

TrollFatGuy

Hello again guys.

I am a wise subscriber and so far I haven't had a problem with their service- kind of... Ever since the 2MBPS speed upgrade (remember that?) I have been calling wise 3 times a month to remind them that I want the upgrade. All they say is that they are contacting Ogero and that Ogero is not replying.

This month I have free, so I decided to get their unlimited 2MBPS plan in order to force the upgrade. (Note that I know that they will apply FUP but I needed the internet anyways) Just received the upgrade, and now I am stuck with a 1 MBPS plan with FUP and they are still messaging Ogero for my 2MBPS upgrade. Contacted both parties and they both throw the blame on each other. I am willing to waste a day going to their respective locations and talking with them in person if only I knew it can make a difference.

I know the best option is "go to Ogero", "all other ISP's suck" and all that, but more than 1 month without internet is an impossible task. Anyways, I am asking for advice, other than "Ogero ftw" and what not. Can I contact somebody else? Can I file an actual complaint? Can I talk to them in person and have a result?

Next month I am reverting back to 2MBPS 55GB (where I receive 1MBPS...) due to the fact that this just simply won't cut it. Thanks in advance and I appreciate all your replies.

#264 January 5 2016

AnimeFan

TrollFatGuy wrote:

Hello again guys.

I am a wise subscriber and so far I haven't had a problem with their service- kind of... Ever since the 2MBPS speed upgrade (remember that?) I have been calling wise 3 times a month to remind them that I want the upgrade. All they say is that they are contacting Ogero and that Ogero is not replying.

This month I have free, so I decided to get their unlimited 2MBPS plan in order to force the upgrade. (Note that I know that they will apply FUP but I needed the internet anyways) Just received the upgrade, and now I am stuck with a 1 MBPS plan with FUP and they are still messaging Ogero for my 2MBPS upgrade. Contacted both parties and they both throw the blame on each other. I am willing to waste a day going to their respective locations and talking with them in person if only I knew it can make a difference.

I know the best option is "go to Ogero", "all other ISP's suck" and all that, but more than 1 month without internet is an impossible task. Anyways, I am asking for advice, other than "Ogero ftw" and what not. Can I contact somebody else? Can I file an actual complaint? Can I talk to them in person and have a result?

Next month I am reverting back to 2MBPS 55GB (where I receive 1MBPS...) due to the fact that this just simply won't cut it. Thanks in advance and I appreciate all your replies.

Hello my friend,

We are in the same situation , since the 2mb upgrade Wise sucks. When i told them i want to stop the DSL, suddenly my speed get up from 1 to 2 mb hehe. I was told that my line can only hold 1 mb for almost a year, they were lying unfortunately.

I was being searching for many other solution to get internet even by satellite , in legal way supported by IDM ( upload line ) 1 mb dedicated unlimited cost 350$ (LOL)
Now I'm still with Wise searching for other internet options that really worth the changing.

I'm using now 2mb Unlimited , it's very bad,FUP is not even fair, at 3-4 am it reset to 2mb but  with a speed curve that reach  0.5 mb at best after 2 gb at most. And it's very hard to use internet after that or to reach 3 gb per day

Ogero unlimited are not using FUP right now but sure they will do soon

I see only one option is to leave Lebanon, whenever you go, there will be a better internet

#265 January 5 2016

Raficoo

AnimeFan wrote:

Ogero unlimited are not using FUP right now but sure they will do soon

I highly doubt that, given Ogero controls most(if not all) the bandwidth in the country and there's no major signs of a shortage on their side. Also, as a Ogero 2mbit/s unlimited user myself, I have never ever noticed a drop in speed or spike in ping after downloading tons of things so that's also another sign of no shortage on Ogero's side.

AnimeFan wrote:

I see only one option is to leave Lebanon, whenever you go, there will be a better internet

Agreed.

#266 January 6 2016

TrollFatGuy

Damn... I was hoping for better solutions. Thanks for your guys' help and I'll keep you updated.

#267 May 6 2016

Nemesis-301

my wise connection came yesterday, this is for 1mb unlimited:

5304510556.png

feels so good to leave sodetel!

#268 May 6 2016

hkbazzi

that ping tho :/

#269 May 6 2016

DG

@Nemesis-301, you mean a 2Mb unlimited connection. Can't possibly have 1.69Mb/s on a 1Mb/s connection.
Regarding the ping: If it's stable at 100ms then it's fine for MMOs like WoW. Some games like CS might require a lower ping for being competitive or not auto kicked from the server.
Edit: I just realized that 100ms ping is to a server in Beirut. Indeed, that is a bit high for such a close server. But what also makes a difference is constant stable ping (without "request timed out" replies).

Last edited by DG (May 7 2016)

#270 May 7 2016

dav

i think ogero is better...

test

#271 May 7 2016

dav

these tests are during peak times

test

#272 May 7 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Do you recommend the Wise Box for summer mountain time?
Is it still limited to 1mb/s and poor download quotas?
I can get a used box + wifi router for 60$

#273 May 7 2016

Elied

vegetaleb wrote:

Depending on your area you couls get up to 2mbps but that really depends on the area and if you find the perfect spot to put the box. Quota is 16gb for the highest plan which costs 45$ which is more expensive than 3G connection FYI. Ping is horrible 95% of the time but download speed is generally stable. Wouldn't really recommend unless it's for light web surfing purposes for one or two people. There is unlimited free night quota which is also a plus.
I only use it because there sadly is no other alternative for me.
PS: I wouldn't say 60$ is really a bargain. Original one is for 100$ and you xould probably find a used one for less, although depends which model the box is as they're updated every now and again.(I have been using the same one for about 7 years)

#274 May 7 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Elied wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Depending on your area you couls get up to 2mbps but that really depends on the area and if you find the perfect spot to put the box. Quota is 16gb for the highest plan which costs 45$ which is more expensive than 3G connection FYI. Ping is horrible 95% of the time but download speed is generally stable. Wouldn't really recommend unless it's for light web surfing purposes for one or two people. There is unlimited free night quota which is also a plus.
I only use it because there sadly is no other alternative for me.
PS: I wouldn't say 60$ is really a bargain. Original one is for 100$ and you xould probably find a used one for less, although depends which model the box is as they're updated every now and again.(I have been using the same one for about 7 years)

The price include a tplink wifi router too, I could bargain with the seller to 50$ both devices, it's crazy that after all these years not a single ISP has an ADSL for summer house plans (2-3 months/year) , I would have to re-do all the paper work and $ install every year if I want to install ADSL.
BTW I continue to pay the Beirut's ADSL all summer, I can do the big downloads when I pass by my house.

Last edited by vegetaleb (May 7 2016)

#275 May 18 2016

Nemesis-301

I am getting disconnected from the internet once every 3 days always at 9:30 until 10:15 or more, when I call them they tell me its their problem and are fixing it, any ideas what it is?

Board footer