LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 October 17 2012

PowerPC

Re: Post your rig

MrClass wrote:
PowerPC wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

That keyboard is the coolest thing I have seen ! I like how it doesn't have printed letters on it meaning it's "idiot proof" ;D


Exactly! :)

@Khaled and MrClass

I see that you are both running SSD's in raid 0. Aren't you concerned about the  lack of TRIM support in raid? Also aren't you basically hitting the limit of SATA3, so not really gaining all that much from your set up? just curious to get your takes on it.

I appreciate your concern, BUT!

Intel's Z77 chipset is the first chipset to support TRIM and RAID 0; so yes I have trim enabled. Also the Z77 chipset supports SATA 6G, so the extra performance is actually not lost; I am using it fully. With my current RAID 0 setup, the volume has a read speed of 920MB/s and a write speed of 450MB/s (blazing speeds, 10-second boot time  )


Yes with the new intel drivers you get TRIM on the Z77, my question was more towards khaled as he's on the older chipset.
i had little brainfart when i posted my question, forgot that sata III offered 6Gbits/s, so you'll still be under the theoretical maximum in raid. Those are nice speeds! will be upgrading my ssd soon.

Offline

#52 October 17 2012

shant

Re: Post your rig

is that 10 second on desktop or 10 second counting just right after bios post? (windows logo)
also how many startup items do you have?

Offline

#53 October 18 2012

Khaled

Re: Post your rig

PowerPC wrote:

Yes with the new intel drivers you get TRIM on the Z77, my question was more towards khaled as he's on the older chipset.
i had little brainfart when i posted my question, forgot that sata III offered 6Gbits/s, so you'll still be under the theoretical maximum in raid. Those are nice speeds! will be upgrading my ssd soon.

Yes true that, I am willing to upgrade to z77 eventually in the near future that is why I went on and upgraded my boot drives to raided SSDs.

Fact is with raid the system got a small boost compared to single SSD but nothing near the potential boost you get with z77. So yes your question is in its place, the boost isn't that great on old chipset.

Offline

#54 October 18 2012

MrClass

Re: Post your rig

shant wrote:

is that 10 second on desktop or 10 second counting just right after bios post? (windows logo)
also how many startup items do you have?

10 seconds just after bios post. so windows logo and desktop startup total up to 10 seconds. How many startup items do I have? Well let's see:

- Avira antivirus
- IDM
- VMware
- MotioninJoy
- Nvidia settings
- PowerIso
- Hotspot Shield
- Razer Mamba utility
- Skype
- UPS agent for auto shutdown
- Steam
- Intel NAS storage utility
- VIA HD Dock
- Intel Rapid Storage Utility
- EVGA GPU temp utility
- EVGA Precision

and a whole bunch of other stuff related to MS Office, Nero, PowerDVD, Creative audio utility, Apple itunes, WAMP, etc....

Offline

#55 October 19 2012

The-MMMs

Re: Post your rig

I feel so scared to post my rig after all I have seen here.

At least so far I have the best desk amongst you all (i guess)

Offline

#56 October 19 2012

rtp

Re: Post your rig

The-MMMs wrote:

I feel so scared to post my rig after all I have seen here.

At least so far I have the best desk amongst you all (i guess)

Humble

Offline

#57 October 19 2012

Khaled

Re: Post your rig

The-MMMs wrote:

I feel so scared to post my rig after all I have seen here.

At least so far I have the best desk amongst you all (i guess)

Mine is the best -* cough cough **

Offline

#58 October 19 2012

shant

Re: Post your rig

The-MMMs wrote:

I feel so scared to post my rig after all I have seen here.

At least so far I have the best desk amongst you all (i guess)

i want to see that desk asap!

Offline

#59 October 19 2012

AvoK95

Re: Post your rig

I think I win the competition of having the crappiest

Offline

#60 October 19 2012

rtp

Re: Post your rig

AvoK95 wrote:

I think I win the competition of having the crappiest

thats because you haven't seen mine

Offline

#61 October 19 2012

rtp

Re: Post your rig

Proud owner of:

    Intel Core 3.1 GHz i3-2100- 3M/LGA1155
    Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10600
    Intel DH61WW
        EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB DDR5
    Thermaltake W0146RE TR2 RX 450W PSU

Offline

#62 October 19 2012

AvoK95

Re: Post your rig

rtp wrote:

Proud owner of:

    Intel Core 3.1 GHz i3-2100- 3M/LGA1155
    Kingston 4GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10600
    Intel DH61WW
        EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB DDR5
    Thermaltake W0146RE TR2 RX 450W PSU

That's a nice everyday PC!

Offline

#63 October 19 2012

rtp

Re: Post your rig

Avok95 - Thanks bro, your pc looks awesome! not the pentuim 4

Offline

#64 October 19 2012

MrClass

Re: Post your rig

Soon all of our computers will become obsolete. Technology is running real fast these days. Moving from single core CPU chips to dual core took a while (20 years?). 2-core to 4-core took 5 years? 4-core to 6/8-core 2 years?

Offline

#65 October 19 2012

AvoK95

Re: Post your rig

rtp wrote:

Avok95 - Thanks bro, your pc looks awesome! not the pentuim 4

It was a Pentium 3 socket Celeron ;)

MrClass wrote:

Soon all of our computers will become obsolete. Technology is running real fast these days. Moving from single core CPU chips to dual core took a while (20 years?). 2-core to 4-core took 5 years? 4-core to 6/8-core 2 years?

And now, 8 core to 12 core  in the coming year.

Last edited by AvoK95 (October 19 2012)

Offline

#66 October 19 2012

MrClass

Re: Post your rig

Darn!

Offline

#67 October 19 2012

Khaled

Re: Post your rig

MrClass wrote:

Soon all of our computers will become obsolete. Technology is running real fast these days. Moving from single core CPU chips to dual core took a while (20 years?). 2-core to 4-core took 5 years? 4-core to 6/8-core 2 years?

Well, could be, but I am yet to see how much time will it take for us to NEED more than what we have currently.

Lets face it, even a 2600 is more tan enough for anything you might need.

Getting an i7 extreme will make your work faster when lets say you want to render and all that but do you really NEED it ?

When the CPU is bottlnecking and is the weak element in a very powerful system then will you really need the upgrade not before that. 

At least that is what i think

Offline

#68 October 19 2012

MrClass

Re: Post your rig

Yes true, even CPUs older than a 2600 can still do a good job; even when gaming. Hardware wise Intel is rushing alot; software wise we are only using a small portion of the total CPU power.

Offline

#69 October 19 2012

rtp

Re: Post your rig

so now the i3 guy looks really smart ;)

Offline

#70 October 19 2012

AvoK95

Re: Post your rig

rtp wrote:

so now the i3 guy looks really smart ;)

Don't underestimate the power of an i3! I ran a GTX560Ti on my old i3 540 overclocked to 3.5GHz and it ran with NO bottleneck and below 60 degrees!

MrClass wrote:

Yes true, even CPUs older than a 2600 can still do a good job; even when gaming. Hardware wise Intel is rushing alot; software wise we are only using a small portion of the total CPU power.

Till now, I have yet to use 50% of my processors power. I'm actually thinking about whether I should have gotten the 3570K

Last edited by AvoK95 (October 19 2012)

Offline

#71 October 19 2012

The-MMMs

Re: Post your rig

Specs in no apparent order:

1. Intel DP67BG
2. Intel i5-2500 3.3Ghz
3. 4GB DDR3 Patriot Gamer Divison RAM @ 1600mhz supposedly (no idea about timings)
4. Asus GTX 560ti DCii TOP
5. Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 650Watts + Thermaltake armor a90 case
6. 2x 1TB WD Caviar Black Raid0
7. Haier 23" 1080p TV  + secondary 19" Widescreen Viewsonic
8. Wireless Keyboard and mouse from Microsoft (yes they still work and do the job well)

This was a budget build for me i guess. I'm still to cheap too go any bigger / at least at the time when it was built.
Pretty much it i guess, the top fan lights didn't show (they are under the table) but it adds to the effect.

Future upgrades: More/better RAM, more HDD space. Better speakers. Any other better advice where i should throw my money ? I'm quite happy since it plays all my games just fine.


HZCDL.jpg

t5S80.jpg

tJNGg.jpg

I'm not a Phtographer. Excuse the cable management, you can all blame Khaled for that.

Last edited by The-MMMs (October 19 2012)

Offline

#72 October 19 2012

Khaled

Re: Post your rig

The-MMMs wrote:

I'm not a Phtographer. Excuse the cable management, you can all blame Khaled for that.

I blame the case and the fact that your brother was so eager to get the damn thing turned on that I couldn't do better

Offline

#73 October 19 2012

AvoK95

Re: Post your rig

That V9 case is hopeless in cable management.

Offline

#74 October 19 2012

The-MMMs

Re: Post your rig

Khaled wrote:
The-MMMs wrote:

I'm not a Phtographer. Excuse the cable management, you can all blame Khaled for that.

I blame the case and the fact that your brother was so eager to get the damn thing turned on that I couldn't do better

It was just a joke 

AvoK95 - it isn't a v9 but generally yeah these thermaltakes are hopeless

I could cut a hole in the back panel just above the sata ports, it would work but i guess I'm too lazy and really un-resourceful

Last edited by The-MMMs (October 19 2012)

Offline

#75 November 8 2012

AVOlio

Re: Post your rig

Ok guys so here is my actual Rigs with Full specs and Pictures.

PSU:      Gigabyte Pro Odin 800W PSU
CPU:        Intel Core 3.4GHz - i5-3570 6M/LGA1155 Original Boxed
MOBO:  Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H (rev. 1.0) (DDR3)
RAM:   Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
HDD: 2xWD 1TB 7200RPM SATAII 64MB Black Edition internal for desktop   in Raid 0
GPU:  Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD 1.0 GeForce GTX 670 2GB DDR5
Optical: LG GH24NS90-24X DVDRW - Dual Layer SATA Black OEM
Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I
Accessories:   2xCooler Master Megaflow 20cm LED fans. Blue and Red.
                       2xThermaltake Basic BLUE LED fans.
                       Thermaltake A2417 Gaming Mouse Pad
                       3xThermaltake Perfect Lights.  Blue+Red ; Red ; Yellow.  (I removed the yellow one cause it didnt match with the colours)
Keyboard:     Gigabyte Aivia Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Mouse:    Gigabyte Aivia Krypton Dual-chassis Gaming Mouse

And here are some pictures guys.
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
SAM_3006.jpg
SAM_3004.jpg
SAM_3003.jpg
SAM_3000.jpg
SAM_3002.jpg

Offline

Board footer