LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#476 October 31 2017

PowerPC

Re: Post your rig

vlatkozelka wrote:

https://s1.postimg.org/7j8p4ps58v/IMG_2 … 220737.jpg

https://s1.postimg.org/4og0ywwo27/IMG_2 … 221323.jpg

CPU: Core i5 4460

GPU: MSI gtx 970 OC (reference blower design) - was on sale, go for the open air coolers, never again buying a jet engine

Motherboard: MSI z97 guard-pro

PSU: Thermaltake smart-se 730

Water cooling: Thermaltake pacific-360 kit

RAM: 8GB 1860Mhz hyperX fury

Keyboard: HyperX alloy fps (blue switches, only comes in blue I think)

Case: Thermaltake view 31 - I can't stress enough how much I love this case. It's a mid tower but really fits everything. I have a 360mm radiator on top and can fit another 360 and another 220. The whole drive bay is removable, and you can mount up to 4 drives on the back, without screws. And the tempered glass is awesome, the pics above are with the panels on.

Hard drives: WD 1TB hdd 7200RPM, and a 480GB HyperX Savage (messed up with that one, should've went with something with better queue depth performance)

Mouse: bloody v7

funny we now include mice and keyboards, but hey they really add up to the experience, especially the clicky keyboard... I love it !

You might be asking why I'm watercooling a locked i5, well I just hate fan noise. I even had an AIO hooked up to my gpu, but coudln't include the block in the custom loop, and kinda ruined the AIO. I'm getting a gpu waterblock soon.

Also nothing is really worth upgrading atm, the market is in chaos with AMD ryzen,intel re-branding crap just to add numbers up (wait for 9th gen at least) and Nvidia not willing to lower the price on anything... plus my 970 is doing great still so ..

cool build. But really, your watercooling setup is way overkill, even if you want low fan noise. a locked i5 can be kept chilly with a big air cooler and a *very* slow spinning fan. This will be even quieter than your loop without the added pump noise. wouldn't look as nice though.

#477 October 31 2017

MrClass

A Noctua NH-D15 can be more silent than most water cooling solutions and even beat their cooling performance. It is the best air cooler in the world

Last edited by MrClass (October 31 2017)

#478 October 31 2017

mr m

This page encouraged me to build my own PC but the problem is that I donot know how to build computers .
If I buy all the parts separately do you know a place that can assemble the pc for me ?

#479 November 1 2017

elserge82

anayman_k7 wrote:
elserge82 wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

You can test with the RAM on stock, I noticed that my LPX 3000Mhz OC to 2933mhz won't work when I try my CPU at 3.7Ghz, I did OC them when it was at 3.6Ghz (my board is MSI SLI Plus), so if you like to OC the CPU more try to set back the RAM to stock, but personally I think as is - is the best choice, you benefit from both CPU and RAM OC without pushing your system to the edge

I'm lost,I've reached the CPU, Ram or board limit?  the system crashes on 68 C ram temp.And  by disabling XMP and running default ram speed I only reaches 3.95 (the performance is lower than the 3.9).

Yes it is a bit confusing, I prefer to move the discussion to the Overclock thread
https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12878

Personally when I tested the same CPU frequency with a  slight RAM OC the result in Cinebench were lower! but without RAM OC and with CPU OC the result were always higher but be aware that I didnt reach an extreme point.

I suggest you stay on 3.9Ghz, try to do a long stability test to find the best voltage for it and then try to OC the RAM

Noted. Just to inform you that my problem was a compatibility issue between MB and my Dual rank rams.

#480 November 1 2017

xterm

mr m wrote:

This page encouraged me to build my own PC but the problem is that I donot know how to build computers .
If I buy all the parts separately do you know a place that can assemble the pc for me ?

I would advise you to find an enthusiastic friend to help you do it. Assembling it yourself is euphoric and let's you enjoy and appreciate it more.

#481 November 1 2017

vlatkozelka

But really, your watercooling setup is way overkill

I'm planning to add the gpu into the build. Just haven't got hold of the gpu block yet. My gpu sounds like a jet engine while gaming, I can even hear it while having the headset on, it's also disturbing the game party members on discord lol .
Also the pump has no noise what so ever, and definitely quieter than the air cooling. All the fans you see are running really slow.

#482 November 12 2017

vlatkozelka

I now added the GPU into the water loop, CPU and GPU now run at 41C after waiting for temps to stabilize (the water in the reservoir takes time to heat up). Fortunately heat doesn't accumulate further which means the radiator turned out to be dissipating enough heat out.

I had to buy adapters from Lebanon, which are chrome plated copper.
MEIT demanded 27$ per fitting lol. Those are 8$ each before shipping. wtf?!

I also added a draining port at the bottom for easier maintenance. Before, I had to take out the 2 waterblocks to drain.

Big thanks for one of lebgeeks water-coolers (not mentioning names so you don't spam him with question) for providing me with the gpu waterblock. Would've had to wait until December 22 for my friend to come back from France.

IMG_20171112_132026.jpg

#483 November 14 2017

PowerPC

vlatkozelka wrote:

I now added the GPU into the water loop, CPU and GPU now run at 41C after waiting for temps to stabilize (the water in the reservoir takes time to heat up). Fortunately heat doesn't accumulate further which means the radiator turned out to be dissipating enough heat out.

I also added a draining port at the bottom for easier maintenance. Before, I had to take out the 2 waterblocks to drain.

Big thanks for one of lebgeeks water-coolers (not mentioning names so you don't spam him with question) for providing me with the gpu waterblock. Would've had to wait until December 22 for my friend to come back from France.

https://s7.postimg.org/4g2fknoor/IMG_20 … 132026.jpg

nice upgrade. Couple of questions, why didn't you go straight up from the gpu block to the cpu, rather than going down and looping back up?

And why did you settle for the thermaltake kit? as far as i know they mix aluminium radiators and copper cpu blocks, which is really something you'd want to avoid.

#484 November 15 2017

ch-b

Motherboard: Asus z170A
Cpu: Core i7 6700k
Cpu cooler: Corsair H100iv2
Rams: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2400mhz
Ssd: Samsung 850 evo 250GB m.2
Hard drive:western digital 1 terabyte.
Lighting: NZXT HUE+
Graphic card: Evga sc2 1080 TI
Keyboard:Razer blackwidow chroma
Mouse: Razer deathadder elite.
Mousepad: Razer firefly.
Headset: Razer Kraken pro chroma edition.
Speakers: logitech z313.
Monitor: ASUS vg248qe 144hz 1ms + nvidia 3D vision 2 glasses.
Second monitor is old AOC branded one which i only use for browsing while gaming and etc.
Controller: is steam controller edition.
Psu: Corsair RMx Series, 650W,
Fan controller at the front is NZXT Sentry 3 5.4-Inch Touch Screen
3 fans Corsair Air Series AF140 with different colors.
Wifi adapter is ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter

I can't be bothered to fix the bottom cables. i tried  LOL

FluxBB bbcode test

Last edited by ch-b (November 15 2017)

#485 November 15 2017

vlatkozelka

PowerPC wrote:
vlatkozelka wrote:

https://s7.postimg.org/4g2fknoor/IMG_20 … 132026.jpg

nice upgrade. Couple of questions, why didn't you go straight up from the gpu block to the cpu, rather than going down and looping back up?

And why did you settle for the thermaltake kit? as far as i know they mix aluminium radiators and copper cpu blocks, which is really something you'd want to avoid.

Thermaltake cause it's the only available thing, I'm really paranoid about ordering from abroad, cause I don't have "wasta" with customs.
I'll check up on it in a month or so, if anything starts to build up, I'll order an all copper rad from EK. The reservoir is fine and the blocks are all nickel plated. Nickel doesn't really react with anything as far as I've read. The rad itself is also plated - don't know if it's nickel or zinc though-

About the loop thing... it's because the tubes are very thick, they don't bend easily, they also kinda have a natural bend to them that you can't go against (just like you natural hear curve). Also it doesn't show well in the picture, but the fitting isn't clear from the card itself. Hard to explain, but if I go straight up, the tube would hit the card (imagine having to go through the card, so to speak)

The next project will be hard tubing.. might order them with a friend coming in December from France

Last edited by vlatkozelka (November 15 2017)

#486 November 15 2017

vlatkozelka

ch-b wrote:

Second monitor is old AOC branded one which i only use for browsing while gaming and etc.

https://i.imgur.com/dJVn9zi.jpg

Is that a fan controller at the bottom? If so, where did you get one ?

#487 November 15 2017

MrClass

@ch-b Is the Nvidia 3D vision 2 glasses worth it? Never tried 3D although my monitor supports it

#488 November 15 2017

ch-b

MrClass wrote:

@ch-b Is the Nvidia 3D vision 2 glasses worth it? Never tried 3D although my monitor supports it

Like i have fun watching couple of videos but that's about it. i tried to watch blueray movies for some reasons they never worked with me it has a limited support now and it's not worth it at all. and im upgrading my monitor to 1440p so it's useless. beside i got the htc vive those are worth it . unbeatable experience.

#489 November 15 2017

ch-b

vlatkozelka wrote:
ch-b wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/dJVn9zi.jpg

Is that a fan controller at the bottom? If so, where did you get one ?

No that's a nzxt usb header 2.0 for my pump and nzxt leds. because my motherboard were lacking of those. i have a fan controller at front of the case this one https://www.nzxt.com/products/sentry-3

#490 November 25 2017

PowerPC

KGdau1V.jpg

fixed some of the cable mess (still got some work to do). and i changed the led strip to DarkSide led with remote. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for bright and clear lights. They're not individually addressable leds though, but personally not a fan of rainbow colours.

I also noticed the pastel red is starting to separate at the top of the reservoir.. sigh. Time for clean up soon, but i'll try and wait till i upgrade the gpu and cool it too.

#491 November 25 2017

vlatkozelka

PowerPC wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/KGdau1V.jpg

fixed some of the cable mess (still got some work to do). and i changed the led strip to DarkSide led with remote. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for bright and clear lights. They're not individually addressable leds though, but personally not a fan of rainbow colours.

I also noticed the pastel red is starting to separate at the top of the reservoir.. sigh. Time for clean up soon, but i'll try and wait till i upgrade the gpu and cool it too.

What coolant are you using? Is it opaque? I wanna know how good it holds up cause red coolants are known to be naughty. I don't care about staining really, cause all my stuff are red, so it's gonna be red forever. But I got a friend coming from Europe, I ordered a copper rad to his address, and wanna get red coolant. I switched all the LEDs on the fans to red btw

#492 November 26 2017

PowerPC

vlatkozelka wrote:
PowerPC wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/KGdau1V.jpg

What coolant are you using? Is it opaque? I wanna know how good it holds up cause red coolants are known to be naughty. I don't care about staining really, cause all my stuff are red, so it's gonna be red forever. But I got a friend coming from Europe, I ordered a copper rad to his address, and wanna get red coolant. I switched all the LEDs on the fans to red btw

Yeah it's opaque, mayhem's red pastel. It's starting to create a little separation at the top of the res (a darker and lighter region), which can't be seen very clearly from the pic. But to be fair, my cleaning of the rad and block wasn't super thorough when i got the parts, just ran some distilled water for a few minutes, so it might partially be my fault.
The colour in the loop however held up well, and is still vibrant after almost 6 months.

#493 December 11 2017

Ramnesia

Case: NZXT S340 Elite
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W (from my older rig) Looking for something better
Board: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cpu: Intel i7-8700K
Cpu Cooler: NZXT X52 Kraken
Ram: T-Force Dark 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz
SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB (from my older rig)
        Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (from my older rig)
HDD: WD Black 2tb
GPU: MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X
Monitor: AOC AG271QX 1440p 144hz 1ms (I know Freesync and Nvidia card doesn't make sense but I am not gonna pay ~200$ more for a Gsync variant)
Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark
Mouse Logiteck G502 Proteus Spectrum

XQksaHF.jpg
sHhgVWl.jpg
bDZy4x8.jpg
9HxcIMG.jpg

#494 December 11 2017

Brave_Heart

Ramnesia wrote:

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W (from my older rig) Looking for something better
Monitor: AOC AG271QX 1440p 144hz 1ms (I know Freesync and Nvidia card doesn't make sense but I am not gonna pay ~200$ more for a Gsync variant)

https://i.imgur.com/XQksaHF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sHhgVWl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bDZy4x8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9HxcIMG.jpg

just a question why u r using the liquid cooler to push the air inside the case ?!. wasn't better to put the fans on the inside this way the warm air goes out ?

#495 December 12 2017

hkbazzi

Brave_Heart wrote:
Ramnesia wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/XQksaHF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sHhgVWl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bDZy4x8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9HxcIMG.jpg

just a question why u r using the liquid cooler to push the air inside the case ?!. wasn't better to put the fans on the inside this way the warm air goes out ?

the air in the case is warm, the radiator need cold air, where he put them is the best place it. single fan on the back is good to maintain positive pressue...and no dust this way

#496 December 12 2017

Ramnesia

hkbazzi wrote:

the air in the case is warm, the radiator need cold air, where he put them is the best place it. single fan on the back is good to maintain positive pressue...and no dust this way

Exactly, this is what I thought when I mounted the radiator.

#497 December 12 2017

elserge82

Ramnesia wrote:
hkbazzi wrote:

Exactly, this is what I thought when I mounted the radiator.

After doing some researches, the best place to put your radiator is at the top. My setup which suites me most, is push pull at the exhaust using 3 additional input case fans and 2 others exhaust case fans at low rpms.

#498 December 21 2017

ahb21

#499 December 26 2017

vlatkozelka

ahb21 wrote:

Nice!

What's your opinion on the UltraWide? do you game on it?

#500 January 15 2018

vlatkozelka

Sold my old hardware, although I'm against updating CPUs right now, I had to cause mine was bottle-necking a lot. And the 8600K is a really good deal this time around.

current specs:

Mobo: Asrock z370 extreme 4 (the best z370 I could find in Lebanon,and that doesn't break the bank)
CPU: i5-8600K OC'ed to 5Ghz
RAM: T-Force 8GB 3000mhz. Really bought this one cause it's red lol. I'm actually a HyperX Fanboi, should've got the predator and painted that
GPU: Asus GTX 1080Ti Turbo.

The cpu is watercooled, but I still need to decide if I'm gonna do the gpu. The 1080ti has a lot of VRMs to cool, and I'm honestly more afraid doing so on it than the older 970 I had.

JQxjITg.jpg

Board footer