LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#301 June 26 2017

Adlouni

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

@bigjudge I am afraid after the upgrade takes place next month, if our line can handle 8 Mbps for example, they give us a lower speed!

And as I have mentioned above, what is making me crazy that the speed becomes steady when I lock my account (windows key + L). As long as I am signed in and using my laptop the speed will be choppy!

#302 July 3 2017

Bonzo

Does anyone know what the new TerraNet plans are?

#303 July 11 2017

EzikMezik

Bonzo wrote:

I just called them and the guy told me these should be the available plans starting august 1st.

4Mbps/50Gb
4Mbps/100Gb
Open Speed/150Gb
Open Speed/170Gb
Open Speed/220Gb

Unlimited night has been canceled for all the plans except for the 4Mbps/100Gb plan.

I also asked them for VDSL2, but the guy told me they only offer it for corporate use (wtf?), anyway, if they dont let me get VDSL2 i'll officially say goodbye to terranet and their constipated brains for good

#304 July 12 2017

Bonzo

EzikMezik wrote:
Bonzo wrote:

I just called them and the guy told me these should be the available plans starting august 1st.

4Mbps/50Gb
4Mbps/100Gb
Open Speed/150Gb
Open Speed/170Gb
Open Speed/220Gb

Unlimited night has been canceled for all the plans except for the 4Mbps/100Gb plan.

I also asked them for VDSL2, but the guy told me they only offer it for corporate use (wtf?), anyway, if they dont let me get VDSL2 i'll officially say goodbye to terranet and their constipated brains for good

Thanks man! :)
Any idea on the plans' pricing?

#305 July 18 2017

Al0ushka

EzikMezik wrote:
Bonzo wrote:

4Mbps/50Gb
4Mbps/100Gb
Open Speed/150Gb
Open Speed/170Gb
Open Speed/220Gb

http://imgur.com/4kgwBu0

Last edited by Al0ushka (July 18 2017)

#306 July 18 2017

Adlouni

new plans

What is the difference between Ogero, CableOne and C1? And what about the prices? And any news about the unlimited night?

Last edited by Adlouni (July 18 2017)

#307 July 18 2017

Toufic

What a joke !

20Gb extra compared to Ogero ?
3M unlimited ?

Some people are reaching 14 to 21 Mbps.

(And keep in mind fair use policy / speed limited by ISPs)

I hope FTTH won't be too long of a wait ! That's the real upgrade where i'll do my switch from IDM to Ogero !!!!!!!

Last edited by Toufic (July 18 2017)

#308 July 18 2017

kfc

Toufic wrote:

What a joke !

3M unlimited ?

I hope FTTH won't be too long of a wait ! That's the real upgrade where i'll do my switch from IDM to Ogero !!!!!!!

FTTH is not coming anytime soon for the general population. FTTC first.

#309 July 18 2017

Toufic

kfc wrote:
Toufic wrote:

What a joke !

3M unlimited ?

According to the conversation i had yesterday with an Ogero employee while asking him about the upgrade, "no hardware upgraded is needed now for the current upgrades in speeds/plans. However, once FTTH is ready, modem upgrade and wire update are needed"

Hence i asked him how long before we might see that ? a matter of years or months so i know how to proceed.

The answer was: since you live in beirut, soon, a matter of months. Beirut will be the first to have it, that's off course assuming that it's feasible.

Check for yourself tomorrow and would love to hear feedback to see if they'll say the same or something else.

And just for the sake of saying it: the current upgrade is good. No doubt about it, but this is still basic internet speeds (10Mbps to 20Mbps). Compare with other connection worldwide and you'll see for yourself that there's internet connection that is considered "worth your wild". It's just that we've been deprived in Lebanon for so long that we're are going crazy about the current upgrade.

#310 July 18 2017

kfc

Toufic wrote:
kfc wrote:
Toufic wrote:

What a joke !

3M unlimited ?

According to the conversation i had yesterday with an Ogero employee while asking him about the upgrade, "no hardware upgraded is needed now for the current upgrades in speeds/plans. However, once FTTH is ready, modem upgrade and wire update are needed"

Hence i asked him how long before we might see that ? a matter of years or months so i know how to proceed.

The answer was: since you live in beirut, soon, a matter of months. Beirut will be the first to have it, that's off course assuming that it's feasible.

Check for yourself tomorrow and would love to hear feedback to see if they'll say the same or something else.

And just for the sake of saying it: the current upgrade is good. No doubt about it, but this is still basic internet speeds (10Mbps to 20Mbps). Compare with other connection worldwide and you'll see for yourself that there's internet connection that is considered "worth your wild". It's just that we've been deprived in Lebanon for so long that we're are going crazy about the current upgrade.

in beirut for heavy users only and some gated communities. not for all because it is very costly.

#311 July 20 2017

bigjudge

hello, i was on 2 mb 70 gigs plan, my speed got upgraded to 4 mb, i am downloading at 414 kb/s now. terranet account still shows 2 mb 70 gigs.

Edit, After midnight ppoe limitation to 2 mb, downloading at 190 kb/s even though the data rate on my modem shows 4095 kbps down and 1023 kbps up

Edit SNR went from 30 to 9 real quick, crc is 10 from 0. Dont know what is going on.

Last edited by bigjudge (July 20 2017)

#312 July 20 2017

partam

2mb 70GB will become 4mb 100GB with unlimited night traffic or you can switch a month later to open speed 70GB no free night traffic for the same price 25$ or go up to open speed 120GB no night traffic for around 33$+vat.
i was told today that i can change plan for September.
August will be automatic

#313 July 21 2017

Bonzo

Will TerraNet be offering VDSL for the Open Speed plans? and does anyone know the price of the 170GB & 220GB OS plans?

Edit: I'm subscribed to the 8M/60GB plan and I haven't received any upgrade regarding the speed.

Last edited by Bonzo (July 21 2017)

#314 July 21 2017

kfc

TERRANET'S new plans are better than idm's

#315 July 21 2017

Al0ushka

i had a very long call with a very helpful guy from terranet (surprisingly)
everything will be announced on the 25th
once announced you will be able to call and decide plans for august too if you want
if you dont call it will be automatic upgrade to what you will get for the same ammount of money you used to pay

ex: if u paid $33 for 4MB 50GB you will be upgraded to Open speed 120GB also for $33

#316 July 28 2017

Adlouni

new plans

http://www.terra.net.lb/DSL/DSL.aspx

Last edited by Adlouni (July 28 2017)

#317 July 28 2017

Adlouni

I am wondering why the unlimited night traffic is available for 4 Mbps 100gb and not for the cheaper plan with the same speed (4 Mbps 50gb)

#318 July 28 2017

kfc

Adlouni wrote:

I am wondering why the unlimited night traffic is available for 4 Mbps 100gb and not for the cheaper plan with the same speed (4 Mbps 50gb)

to oblige you to pay more for it!

#319 July 28 2017

hishjwnz

Still think terranet has the best valued plan. paying just 25$ for 100 GB plus unlimited night. The unlimited night is between what hours?

#320 July 28 2017

Adlouni

hishjwnz wrote:

Still think terranet has the best valued plan. paying just 25$ for 100 GB plus unlimited night. The unlimited night is between what hours?

I think between 11 pm and 7 am .. the plan is good but you don't get full speed all day .. you will notice a decrease in speed during peak hours.

#321 July 28 2017

Al0ushka

i called and asked for OS 220... and even that i doubt will be enough

#322 July 28 2017

Adlouni

Al0ushka wrote:

I am pretty sure you won't get the same speed you received during test days.

#323 July 30 2017

Al0ushka

Adlouni wrote:
Al0ushka wrote:

i wasn't here during test days. I don't know what I'm getting.
I just know these are my modem stats and i was told they are acceptable

Mode:    ADSL_2plus
Traffic Type:    ATM
Link Power State:    L0

Downstream        Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):            On            On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):            108            150
Attenuation (0.1 dB):            215            124
Output Power (0.1 dBm):        183            123
Attainable Rate (Kbps):            17721        1193

Path 0    
Rate (Kbps):                    15963        1023

#324 July 30 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

Al0ushka wrote:
Adlouni wrote:
Al0ushka wrote:

i wasn't here during test days. I don't know what I'm getting.
I just know these are my modem stats and i was told they are acceptable

Mode:    ADSL_2plus
Traffic Type:    ATM
Link Power State:    L0

Line Coding(Trellis):            On            On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):            108            150
Attenuation (0.1 dB):            215            124
Output Power (0.1 dBm):        183            123
Attainable Rate (Kbps):            17721        1193

Path 0    
Rate (Kbps):                    15963        1023

acceptable? man these stats are awesome it says here you have 16/1 mb down/up, how much are you getting in real speed?

#325 July 30 2017

Adlouni

The internet is down .. maybe they are upgrading something before the beginning of the month.

Board footer