LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 June 25 2013

maulader

Re: Dota 2 - Game Thread

mmk92 wrote:
maulader wrote:
mmk92 wrote:

No.... Its like asking if you could buy a phone with monopoly money

A simple "no" would have answered it. Your other side of the argument is invalid since some mmo's have the option to purchase microtransaction points using phone currency which is where i'm guessing he got the idea to ask about steam.

He said alfa. It's not like alfa supports microtransactions to mmo's either

It does as far as I been told from friends, I myself have mtc and have done such purchases, don't see why alfa shouldn't.

As for topic, i'm wondering if they announced an official release date, they've been hinting a release date every year but nothing concrete and to be honest this is really hurting the game, not that i actually play it more then once a month, but this gave LoL a huge advantage.

#152 June 25 2013

Chafic

BOKU is what I meant. I used to purchase gold for my old mmo game from my phone money by using BOKU.

#153 June 25 2013

maulader

Chafic wrote:

BOKU is what I meant. I used to purchase gold for my old mmo game from my phone money by using BOKU.

yeah i pretty much guessed that. What i realized after using boku, is that it's insanely overpriced and you're restricted to paying a small amount which gives you 3 times less points then average in MMOs. Look at league of legends, they have boku yet we can't purchase anything from lebanon because the small packages cost 5$ using paypal. Incorporating it with steam isn't viable even if they wanted too, cause the prices would be different for every country.

#154 June 25 2013

Chafic

Yes I was paying like 1.8$ for 64 silver knowing that 1$=1gold.

#155 June 29 2013

Chafic

Steam name Tripntick, currently download it will take time because of net speed.

#156 July 13 2013

Chafic

I got the game but it's no more allowing me to download it and I'm sure the download hasn't finished. Any one got a free pass?

#157 July 13 2013

maulader

there's no more free pass, the game was officially released couple of days ago. Maybe you started downloading right before the launch and something weird is happening with your download now.

Just search the game on steam and add it to your library if you're claiming it disappeared, it's free now.

Last edited by maulader (July 13 2013)

#158 July 13 2013

Chafic

I have it on my library but I cant play it or continue to download it.

Edit: the download restarted to zero. It is now downloading and showing but the download speed is... well no introductions needed.

Last edited by Chafic (July 13 2013)

#159 September 22 2013

EzikMezik

Hiya guys,

I just switched from HoN to Dota2, would be nice to play some game with Lebanese folk ^_^
Steam name: Ezikmezik
I am not 20/0 every game kind of d00d btw, just your average player

See you in game!

#160 October 9 2013

Ab1000

So I have a small hill of games on multiple platforms in my room, but have never found anything more fun addictive than Dota 2. It's a bit frustrating at times honestly, but generally fun. I would really like to know if there are people who are online and up for a game, or twelve, in the afternoons or nights of Lebanon. It's quite a competitive esport, so I would really like to improve my skills with people who speak my language. What do you guys think?

This is my steam account, feel free to add me: Calm

#161 April 10 2016

Silentcontrol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euxz0ukNtIo
here is a link of some plays of me and my friends some skill some are just funny check it if you want

#162 April 10 2016

Kazouza

Silentcontrol wrote:

here is a link of some plays of me and my friends some skill some are just funny check it if you want

Fun magnus plays

#163 April 11 2016

Silentcontrol

Kazouza wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

Fun magnus plays

It's a cheesy pub game but we got a techies lover, might as well make the best of it

#164 April 11 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

So I played a bit with Batman Knight, no fps lags at all though capped to 30 will use the trick to push at 60fps, but the game keep crashing for no reasons every 5 minutes

#165 April 11 2016

Ngel

Silentcontrol wrote:
Kazouza wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

Fun magnus plays

It's a cheesy pub game but we got a techies lover, might as well make the best of it

Dude? Ask permission first ?

#166 April 11 2016

ballad

vegetaleb wrote:

So I played a bit with Batman Knight, no fps lags at all though capped to 30 will use the trick to push at 60fps, but the game keep crashing for no reasons every 5 minutes

dota thread....

#167 April 13 2016

Silentcontrol

Ngel wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:
Kazouza wrote:

Fun magnus plays

i sent you the video you should have checked it and complain if you had any!

#168 April 13 2016

Ngel

Silentcontrol wrote:
Ngel wrote:
Silentcontrol wrote:

i sent you the video you should have checked it and complain if you had any!

Where did you send it and when -.- ?

#169 September 6 2016

Silentcontrol

https://youtu.be/Sc4LnO3dneg hey guys here is some gameplay fun moments of me and friends playing check it out

#170 March 4 2017

Jerome

Hi Dota 2. Recently I started playing ranked, and after losing the first few games I am getting matched up with players who do not seem interested in winning at all. Roaming all game, getting random items..

Do any of you have any idea how to get back up? Thanks

#171 March 4 2017

Cpt.Majed

Jerome wrote:

Hi Dota 2. Recently I started playing ranked, and after losing the first few games I am getting matched up with players who do not seem interested in winning at all. Roaming all game, getting random items..

What bracket ?

#172 March 5 2017

Jerome

Cpt.Majed wrote:
Jerome wrote:

What bracket ?

Around 1k

#173 March 5 2017

Cpt.Majed

Jerome wrote:
Cpt.Majed wrote:
Jerome wrote:

What bracket ?

Around 1k

At this level, you have to win by yourself. There's no other option
Picking a core hero and owning is the easy way but if you enjoy playing support, it's still doable.
Am at 4k and trust me it doesn't get better, some games it's 2v8 and some games it's "too ez"

What you need to do is to actively try to improve and not play on autopilot, be aware of each move you make and think about it
Use dotabuff to check for milestones (creep stats, item timings, ward locations) and forget about your team, at 1k mmr players have no idea how to play the game.

#174 March 5 2017

Jerome

Cpt.Majed wrote:

At this level, you have to win by yourself. There's no other option
Picking a core hero and owning is the easy way but if you enjoy playing support, it's still doable.
Am at 4k and trust me it doesn't get better, some games it's 2v8 and some games it's "too ez"

What you need to do is to actively try to improve and not play on autopilot, be aware of each move you make and think about it
Use dotabuff to check for milestones (creep stats, item timings, ward locations) and forget about your team, at 1k mmr players have no idea how to play the game.

Sad news.. I mean who would get battle fury for Lion? Riki with just linken at min 25.. Anyway might try to form a team of friends so we can plough ourselves out.

Thanks for the tips btw

Last edited by Jerome (March 5 2017)

#175 March 5 2017

MrClass

Jerome wrote:

Around 1k

And why are you there?

Board footer