LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 19 2012

amkahal

[Firmware upgrade] THOMSON TG585 v7

Hi all,
I'm wondering if there is a new firmware after v8.2.6.5, and the second question is:
can i upgrade a modem brought to me by Terranet, note that i have full access over it.

thank you.

#2 May 19 2012

AVOlio

Re: [Firmware upgrade] THOMSON TG585 v7

Yea there is a version 8,   i have Thomson TG585 V8.

Hmm, i have no idea how to upgrade it, but of course you can (if you know how that is)
My only suggestion is to go to Terranet or wherever you are subscribed now, and let them upgrade it.

#3 May 20 2012

belal

Fuck! I upgraded to the  v8.2.6.5 firmware which apparently only work in the UK. There are no VPC 0.35... aint working fuck's sake!
Edit: Fixed it...It is 5:06 am though!

Last edited by belal (May 20 2012)

#4 June 19 2012

Rubz

belal wrote:

Fuck! I upgraded to the  v8.2.6.5 firmware which apparently only work in the UK. There are no VPC 0.35... aint working fuck's sake!
Edit: Fixed it...It is 5:06 am though!

i did the same booboo..  Where did you manage to find the previous firmware? How did you fix it?

#5 June 20 2012

belal

Here, the generic v8.2.6.5 firmware: http://download.modem-help.co.uk/mfcs-A … a0cfdb8149

I remember that the login username was 'admin' and the password the serial number of my router (e.g. CP123456789).

By the way, when I tried to configure the uk firmware, my wireless network name went like PLUSnet or something and the username and password both changed. I couldn't login to the modem's page whatsoever to upgrade to the right version, the version I've had searched for, for hours. It was a pain in the ass.  Solution was to hard reset the router!

#6 June 20 2012

Rubz

belal wrote:

Here, the generic v8.2.6.5 firmware: http://download.modem-help.co.uk/mfcs-A … a0cfdb8149

I remember that the login username was 'admin' and the password the serial number of my router (e.g. CP123456789).

By the way, when I tried to configure the uk firmware, my wireless network name went like PLUSnet or something and the username and password both changed. I couldn't login to the modem's page whatsoever to upgrade to the right version, the version I've had searched for, for hours. It was a pain in the ass.  Solution was to hard reset the router!

Thanks for that,

Yeah the version 7.x.x.x  default UN/PW are Administrator/Blank  and 8.x.x.x  Admin/Serial number

The version i screwed up with was 7.4.4.7 so it did not change my UN/PW , but turned into a useless PulsNet modem.

#7 December 18 2013

ezzet

Rubz wrote:
belal wrote:

Thanks for that,

Yeah the version 7.x.x.x  default UN/PW are Administrator/Blank  and 8.x.x.x  Admin/Serial number

The version i screwed up with was 7.4.4.7 so it did not change my UN/PW , but turned into a useless PulsNet modem.

I'm aware this is really old but I need some help here please. I did the same thing and after finally installing the generic I though I was good to go. However, after inserting the vcn to be 8.35 and the PPPoE provided by ogero, I end the setup
but my modem never connects to the internet, I have used this credentials before but now it judy won't connect to the internet. I did notice the previous software gave me an ogrro option in the setup where this one doesn't. Any ideas please, I'm out of them.

The error message is "concentrator not reachable"

Last edited by ezzet (December 18 2013)

#8 December 18 2013

DNA

its 0/35 not 8/35

#9 December 18 2013

ezzet

DNA wrote:

its 0/35 not 8/35

Yes it is! Thanks a lot!